Jacks-Ville # 1 rush team in NFL

Socal-805

3 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

How are the Bills and their # 29 ranked rush D supposed to stop or even slow up the J-Ville rushing attack? 

Bring in an extra LB?

Is there a name for that package, if it exists?

Hire Sam Adams off the street & hope he's still fat enough to plug into the middle.

5 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

How are the Bills and their # 29 ranked rush D supposed to stop or even slow up the J-Ville rushing attack? 

Bring in an extra LB?

Yes.  We have a Joe Webb spider package .

I believe the Bills' team of lawyers are currently feverishly working on an interesting contractual loophole stemming from the employment contracts of the Ryan Brothers.

Long story short, my sources tell me the Bills will be able to force Rob Ryan into employment for Sunday's game; they intend to dress him as a defensive tackle.  The theory, according to my source, is that Rob will count as one big body; his stomach will count as a second big body.  In this way we will skirt the rules by effectively having 12 players on defense even though only 11 are allowed.

With Rob plugging the middle and likely drawing double or triple teams, other players like Kyle Wiliams will be freed up.

Expect the Jaguars to have a very rough time in the ground game.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

The stats are a bit deceiving.  Jax runs the ball FAR more than even the second top running team.

They are ranked # 1 in the league for attempts/game at 32...

Edited by Socal-805
wrong

21 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

Bring in an extra LB?

I prefer the Tonya Harding approach...

He can't run on one leg!

we need to get the lead early forcing them to pass more than they want.  On D, crowd the line and hope White and Gains can hold their own.  Hyde and poyer will need to make tackles early.  

Our only advantage it seems is Jax has a poor run defense by the numbers, hence why they traded for Marcell.  I think if we get a lead and then start gashing them on the ground with it, they will panic and start trying to throw  too much.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Yes! He'll work too! In fact, bring them both back. I'm still confident their combined 2000 lb bodies will be able to plug the middle.

I have often wondered why NFL teams don't go full Sumo Wrestler when it comes to interior linemen, maybe even on both sides of the ball.

A lot of what those guys do is physics; if you way 560 lbs like the Japanese sumo champion usually does, it is going to be awfully hard for other guys to move you.  Have to have some degree of stamina and athleticism/balance of course, but the best Sumo wrestlers do, even at that size.  I realize a sumo wrestler doesn't have to run around much, but it's still an interesting idea.  Like how long before the NFL sees its first 400 lb. lineman? 

2 minutes ago, Bill Murray said:

we need to get the lead early forcing them to pass more than they want.  On D, crowd the line and hope White and Gains can hold their own.  Hyde and poyer will need to make tackles early.  

Our only advantage it seems is Jax has a poor run defense by the numbers, hence why they traded for Marcell.  I think if we get a lead and then start gashing them on the ground with it, they will panic and start trying to throw  too much.  

How are we going to get a lead forcing them to pass if Tyrod has another 57 or 112 yard passing game?

They better be scheming up tons of new plays that rely on Tyrod's mobility, or we're dead ducks.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I have often wondered why NFL teams don't go full Sumo Wrestler when it comes to interior linemen, maybe even on both sides of the ball.

A lot of what those guys do is physics; if you way 560 lbs like the Japanese sumo champion usually does, it is going to be awfully hard for other guys to move you.  Have to have some degree of stamina and athleticism/balance of course, but the best Sumo wrestlers do, even at that size.  I realize a sumo wrestler doesn't have to run around much, but it's still an interesting idea.  Like how long before the NFL sees its first 400 lb. lineman? 

Interesting, however I think part of the difference is the added hindrance on mobility/quickness when you throw on full pads., vs a cloth diaper.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

How are we going to get a lead forcing them to pass if Tyrod has another 57 or 112 yard passing game?

They better be scheming up tons of new plays that rely on Tyrod's mobility, or we're dead ducks.

if tyrod plays very poorly, its likely we lose.  that is the same for the 31 other teams.  If you are going into this expecting 57 yards passing, you probably shouldnt bother watching Sunday.