Let's start donating to our players' charities

We've had fun with the Dalton/Boyd connection and donated a lot of money to their causes, but how many of us have donated to our own players' charities? We should show our love and appreciation for our own by helping out their causes.

I tagged Taylor in the post because, love him or not, he's been a true professional in his time in Buffalo, and regardless of circumstances, he's the QB for the first playoff-bound Bills team in nearly 18 years to the day.

Let's show some love to these guys with some $17 (or however much) donations. If you have a link to any Bills players' charity of choice, please post it here. 

GO BILLS! 

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Agreed!!

I posted this in another thread:

The gesture of donating to the Dalton Foundation has been cool and amazing! It's helping so many families in and around Cincinnati.  Not to throw shade BUT...

Wouldn't it be great if we also channeled this excitement and money right HERE helping kids in the WNY community!? Brian Moorman made have played during the drought but the P.U.N.T. Foundation he started is a public charity is still running to do outstanding work for local families battling pediatric cancer. And Eric Wood has a fund helping kids at our Children's Hospital! 

If anybody is interested, a donation can be made here:  

http://www.puntfoundation.org/donate

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How about if the Bills beat the Jags, we can raise a couple hundred grand for Bills charities?  I think we've tanked the Bengals enough at this point.

I totally agree with DPG on this one, but I think the donating thing has run it's course this week.

I think if they win this Sunday, and we get on the cause shortly after the game, we could manage to get significant donations to our players charities. Winning a playoff game is another huge hurdle, and the precedent has been set for donations.

12 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

And businesses start requesting players for advertisement. I know a few players and there is a thought that there are" NO" player advertising opportunities in Buffalo unless your name is J.K.

Zay Jones and Eric Wood advertise Bry-Lin. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, klos63 said:

This is a former Bill, not sure it's what you're thinking about, but at the very least, it deserves some attention. Pretty awful situation.

https://sports.yahoo.com/unacceptable-former-linebacker-current-teacher-aaron-maybin-decries-frigid-baltimore-schools-165358904.html

Wow that is really terrible. So unfair and unfortunate for those children.

And good for Maybin, seems like he found a good calling in his life.

5 hours ago, klos63 said:

This is a former Bill, not sure it's what you're thinking about, but at the very least, it deserves some attention. Pretty awful situation.

https://sports.yahoo.com/unacceptable-former-linebacker-current-teacher-aaron-maybin-decries-frigid-baltimore-schools-165358904.html

Terrible! I'll never understand why we spend so much more money on prisons than we do schools (actually, I get it completely). Perhaps if we focused more on education, less people would grow up to be criminals??? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Wow that is really terrible. So unfair and unfortunate for those children.

And good for Maybin, seems like he found a good calling in his life.

Wonder if the kids call him "Mr. Mayhem"

Edited by matter2003