McCoy backup, why so thin at RB?

icw70

I'm as pumped as any Bills fan about the playoffs!!  I'm wondering why GM Beane hasn't had a solid backup option to McCoy?  He pretty much hasn't all year?  Anyone else wonder this?  If there's a thread out there about this, I haven't seen it.  

Edited by icw70

Going into the season without a legit backup has always been a question. Shady going 16 games without injury is probably not going to happen. Tanking was the only answer that made sense. Guess that didn't work out so well.

Edited by bmur66
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, icw70 said:

I'm as pumped as any Bills fan about the playoffs.  I'm wondering why GM Beane hasn't had a solid backup option to McCoy?  He pretty much hasn't all year?  Anyone else wonder this?  If there's a thread out there about this, I haven't seen it.  

Because we have been donating to the NFL Running Back Foundation...I knew that charity was going to bite us in the a** sooner or later.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Mike "Culture" Tolbert

wry, very happy to make the playoffs.  But this team could actually make a run if they kept some of the good young talent they let go to "build the right culture "

flip side; maybe the Bills arent even sniffing the playoffs if players werent kept around to build the right culture 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, PaattMaann said:

flip side; maybe the Bills arent even sniffing the playoffs if players werent kept around to build the right culture 

You honestly don't think the Bills would be better if we had Sammy instead of the worst WRs instead of Jordan Matthews? We won't be better with Dareus, even as an unmotivated tub of goo, than a 6th round pick? You won't rather have a young rb than Mike Tolbert?

we made the playoffs and it's awesome.  But we act like the new regime inherited the Browns? It was a 9 win type of team last year with terrible coaching.  Woth how bad the AFC is, this team could have gone really deep.  

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You honestly don't think the Bills would be better if we had Sammy instead of the worst WRs instead of Jordan Matthews? We won't be better with Dareus, even as an unmotivated tub of goo, than a 6th round pick? You won't rather have a young rb than Mike Tolbert?

we made the playoffs and it's awesome.  But we act like the new regime inherited the Browns? It was a 9 win type of team last year with terrible coaching.  Woth how bad the AFC is, this team could have gone really deep.  

If we didnt Trade Sammy we dont have Gaines, and checking the record of this team with vs without Gaines is impressive...so yes, in this case I dont care about not having Sammy

Dareus trade was a waste considering we could have done the same thing at the end of the year and saved money, but maybe we was cancerous in the locker room, I cannot answer that one

My comment was regarding your comment about Mike "Culture" Tolbert and why some players who arent really contributing on the field are still on the team. 

I trust McD's vision 100%....yes he inherited a 9 win team, and then gutted it and stocked up for the future with draft picks while still taking this team to the playoffs (with a limited QB). Color me impressed 

• Like (+1) 2

I figure the team can't just plug in a running back of the street with this zone blocking scheme.  Knowing *where* the lanes are going to be is part of the play, but also knowing *when* they will be open is too.  I'm pretty sure it's why audibles are far and few between.  

That's where corporate knowledge becomes the asset to have.  It's why your practice squad players have more value than a free agent.  

Edited by dpberr

32 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

If we didnt Trade Sammy we dont have Gaines, and checking the record of this team with vs without Gaines is impressive...so yes, in this case I dont care about not having Sammy

Dareus trade was a waste considering we could have done the same thing at the end of the year and saved money, but maybe we was cancerous in the locker room, I cannot answer that one

My comment was regarding your comment about Mike "Culture" Tolbert and why some players who arent really contributing on the field are still on the team. 

I trust McD's vision 100%....yes he inherited a 9 win team, and then gutted it and stocked up for the future with draft picks while still taking this team to the playoffs (with a limited QB). Color me impressed 

He inherited a 7 win Team 

45 minutes ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

Murphy showed some burst and a little shake and bake. He's not Shady but who else is.

Upside since I always like to search for it,  is there isn’t much film on him..  

• Like (+1) 1