How many Bills fans will be at the game Sunday?

Bills fans attending   

382 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage will be Bills fans?

13 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

due to Jax knowing they would be having a home playoff game ahead of time and us not knowing if we would even have a game, i said 10-20% as i feel like most tickets would have been gobbled up by then

Yep.  Ticket availability will be the biggest determining factor.  I think Bills fans would number maybe 30% if we could find tickets.  

A few years ago (maybe more than a "few"), I was at the Bills playoff game in Miami.  Local TV estimated that something like 80,000 Bills fans were in town for the game.   Not all of them were able to get tickets but we probably had 20,000 fans at the game sporting Bills colors!  

It was super impressive to see what a presence we had in that town and in that stadium.  I remember going to restaurants where roughly 1 in 4 patrons were proudly wearing Bills shirts & jerseys.  

And that wasn't after a 17 year drought.  The pent up demand to see a Bills playoff game is overwhelming.  

Edited by hondo in seattle

I think you all are way off. I am thinking about 10,000 Bills fans..so not sure what capacity is but I am guessing that's right about 15%.We get skewed posting to a Bills message board, we are all idiots and will spend the money to go to the game... I think plenty of people took a look at the ticket prices, combined with airfare..and said no thanks.

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 4

Sal Capaccio  ? Retweeted

According to Vivid Seats, about About 20% of the tickets purchased for Sunday's #jaguars #bills playoff game were bought by people with NY ZIP codes — that's the largest representation of a home state fanbase of any "road team" playing in this weekend's wild card games #nfl

7 minutes ago, CNY315 said:
Sal Capaccio  ? Retweeted

According to Vivid Seats, about About 20% of the tickets purchased for Sunday's #jaguars #bills playoff game were bought by people with NY ZIP codes — that's the largest representation of a home state fanbase of any "road team" playing in this weekend's wild card games #nfl

and that doesn't begin to count the many of us who live in other states traveling to the game. I am guessing a minimum of 20,000-25,000 Bills fans will be in attendance and if we can steal the momentum early in the game it will sound more like 50,000.

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I think you all are way off. I am thinking about 10,000 Bills fans..so not sure what capacity is but I am guessing that's right about 15%.We get skewed posting to a Bills message board, we are all idiots and will spend the money to go to the game... I think plenty of people took a look at the ticket prices, combined with airfare..and said no thanks.

I went to the Falcons game in Atlanta this year and there were more than 10,000 Bills fans there, probably much more, and that wasn't a Playoff game after a 17 year drought. And for the record, those tickets were not cheap either. I paid just about $200 more per ticket for the JAX game, which is totally worth it to me!  Go Bills!!

3 hours ago, Chadwick Bay Chad said:

I will be there

Are you coming to Wing It, or the Bills tailgate in lot X? it would be fun to meet the man, the myth, the legend in the flesh. Or will you be on the field during the game?

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Because of the limited box office supply, and high secondary market prices, I'd guess between 5-10k.

One thing to keep in mind, the Jags have A LOT of resellers as season ticket holders. Teams all handle them differently. Jacksonville has been more accepting than most teams in order to keep their base up. A lot of the tickets that were scooped up early, still went to Bills fans. I have it between 20-30%. 

FWIW, we had a similar situation when I worked in New Orleans. One of the ways that we worked with the brokers was to get them extra tickets to the biggest games. It’s pretty similar. They took a bath when we played Milwaukee on a Tuesday but did well when LeBron or Kobe came to town. We worked together though. I’d imagine it’s pretty similar in Jacksonville. We actually had a manager whose full-time job was working with the brokers. There are a bunch of major players and they own lots of tickets everywhere. I’d bet anything that there are guys that have 1,000+ tickets this week to resell.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

One thing to keep in mind, the Jags have A LOT of resellers as season ticket holders. Teams all handle them differently. Jacksonville has been more accepting than most teams in order to keep their base up. A lot of the tickets that were scooped up early, still went to Bills fans. I have it between 20-30%. 

Yeah, that is kind of what I was thinking also.  

47 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Are you coming to Wing It, or the Bills tailgate in lot X? it would be fun to meet the man, the myth, the legend in the flesh. Or will you be on the field during the game?

Don/Chad won't show up. But later he'll claim he was there you but you weren't.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

FWIW, we had a similar situation when I worked in New Orleans. One of the ways that we worked with the brokers was to get them extra tickets to the biggest games. It’s pretty similar. They took a bath when we played Milwaukee on a Tuesday but did well when LeBron or Kobe came to town. We worked together though. I’d imagine it’s pretty similar in Jacksonville. We actually had a manager whose full-time job was working with the brokers. There are a bunch of major players and they own lots of tickets everywhere. I’d bet anything that there are guys that have 1,000+ tickets this week to resell.

that whole business model fascinates me, and I must say I know very little how it works. Be great to learn more from you this weekend