Rochester Playoff viewing locations?

I'm the type of fan that prefers to stay at home for the Bills games as I tend to get worked up and don't love the chaos of a normal NFL Sunday when I am trying to focus on the Bills.  However this game is special and it feels like it should be celebrated among my Bills peers.  A few friends and I are considering what bar we'd like to watch the game at Sunday.  I know they all will be filled with Bills fans but does anyone know of some that might be more festive than others; or have organized viewing parties?  I know CMF is usually at Shooters but they will not be this weekend.  Caught the Thursday night game at City Tavern in Victor which was nice but I think their must be better.  We are focusing on the east side of town and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  GO BILLS!  PLAYOFFS!

Edited by Bills fan since 87

47 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

It will be on at my house. Bring some wings and beer, I'll make my famous 12 layer nachos. 

12 layer nachos?

Does your invite extend to other fans?

That may be worth me flying up there for.

Duff's in Henrietta is a bills backer bar.  I haven't been there for a game but my guess is they will probably be busy this Sunday.

I don't know if they are open still but Champps was good back when the sabres were in the playoffs in 06-07.

Edited by The Wiz

1 minute ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Champs, is that the place in the mall?  Or right outside I should say?

Yea it's close to eastview.  Like I said, haven't been there in years so I don't even know if there are still open but they had a good showing of fans there for playoff hockey.

The thirsty turtle is supposed to be having people there, i think WCMF will be there this week.

My friends and I are in the same boat as you and are looking for a good place on the east side (preferably) as well

The duffs in Henrietta, last i went there, didnt seem like a good place to watch the game unless things have changed. It has been about a year, it is the old Friendlys on west henrietta road

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Yea it's close to eastview.  Like I said, haven't been there in years so I don't even know if there are still open but they had a good showing of fans there for playoff hockey.

Yes Champs is still there, a friend of mine is a bar tender there, it is in the front of eastview mall by the pf changs and biaggis

87...the first place i thought of when you were looking was shooters.  even though cmf won't be there, the place is always a good time.  i watched the atlanta game with the poster likei've, and we had a blast.  champps, (which is attached to the mall) is another solid place to watch the game.  they'll turn the game on the overhead speakers and they get a good crowd.  village tavern has a nice bar, but i can't stand the food.  i live right by shooters and champps, so they tend to be my favorite.  hooligans in webster is the other place that i can think of that has a massive bar, tons of tv, and get rowdy.  i went there for a bills thursday night game against the jets before nfl network was on local cable, and it was awesome.

3 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

The thirsty turtle is supposed to be having people there, i think WCMF will be there this week.

My friends and I are in the same boat as you and are looking for a good place on the east side (preferably) as well

The duffs in Henrietta, last i went there, didnt seem like a good place to watch the game unless things have changed. It has been about a year, it is the old Friendlys on west henrietta road

Yes Champs is still there, a friend of mine is a bar tender there, it is in the front of eastview mall by the pf changs and biaggis

i was at the thirsty turtle with likei've recently too.  i like the food and bar, but i just don't see it as a great place to watch a game.    who is your bartender friend at champs?  is it the dude with the beard and tattoos?

i think i heard kimberly and beck say they were going to be at macgregors in gates. i think they said sunday. i was there recently, cool place. i just don't know if i would want to deal with a packed place. i'd have to grab 6 pitchers and find a corner table.:wacko:

edit: then pee and grab 6 more at halftime:D

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Like (+1) 1

Fortunately there really aren't any bad choices, just differing degrees of good choices. I'll either be at O'loughlin's in Northwest Irondequoit or The Craft in Niagara Falls. Heard they're having a tailgate on the patio starting at 10:00 AM. Same guy that plays at the 97 Rock Party at the Big Tree Inn on game day will be playing.

16 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

It will be on at my house. Bring some wings and beer, I'll make my famous 12 layer nachos. 

You got my attention.  What are the 12 layers?  That sounds amazing. 

1 minute ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Any of the Distillery locations will be good.  Same for any of the Jeremiah's joints.  Good food, many beers, many TVs, and probably many other fans to enjoy it all with.

I forgot there was a Distillery in Victor.  That would be a good place for sure.  Same with Jeremiah's but figured that might be too far west unless he's going to Penfield.

31 minutes ago, teef said:

87...the first place i thought of when you were looking was shooters.  even though cmf won't be there, the place is always a good time.  i watched the atlanta game with the poster likei've, and we had a blast.  champps, (which is attached to the mall) is another solid place to watch the game.  they'll turn the game on the overhead speakers and they get a good crowd.  village tavern has a nice bar, but i can't stand the food.  i live right by shooters and champps, so they tend to be my favorite.  hooligans in webster is the other place that i can think of that has a massive bar, tons of tv, and get rowdy.  i went there for a bills thursday night game against the jets before nfl network was on local cable, and it was awesome.

i was at the thirsty turtle with likei've recently too.  i like the food and bar, but i just don't see it as a great place to watch a game.    who is your bartender friend at champs?  is it the dude with the beard and tattoos?

No, Asian chick

Hooligans is a nice atmosphere but can be out of the way depending on where you live. Yeah i dont know how the set up would be at thirsty turtle, only been there once but seemed like a place where you could get rowdy.

Shooters is a good choice but we went there (my friend and I) for the new england game and dont want to go there for this game (superstitious)

Jeremiahs in penfield would seem like agood choice but i dont like the bar setup in relation to how the tvs are so doesnt seem like an enjoyable experience

15 minutes ago, Gordio said:

You got my attention.  What are the 12 layers?  That sounds amazing. 

Chips

Pulled BBQ Beef

Refried beans

Nacho

Veggie mix (black olives, peppers, onions)

2nd chip layer

Pulled BBQ Chicken

Shredded cheddar

Guacamole

Salsa

Sour cream

Meat sauce

Serve like a lasagna. I've also been know to sub out pulled chicken wing dip for the BBQ Chicken.