If Shady is Out, is it a Good Thing?

No, if Shady is out, or even if plays but can't be Shady due to his injury, we're screwed.

End of story.

9 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Jags literally had the easiest schedule in the NFL. Their one big hallmark win was destroying the Steelers when Big Ben and then were in a funk. But still an impressive victory.

this game rest on the shoulders of the Bills D as I don't see the O scoring much at all unless the D provides some key turnovers and short fields. 

McCoy be important but for the Bills to win it has come down to Bortles or Taylor winning it.  Both teams focus on taking away the run so it's up to the QBs to make plays. Who do you trust more to get the win? 

This is like saying "What would you prefer to contract?  Syphilis or Hepatitis C?"

Of course it's not a GOOD thing for McCoy to be out.

But it reminds me of a Houston Oilers playoff game in the 1980s.  Earl Campbell was even a bigger part of Oilers offense than McCoy is to ours and total monster and D wrecker.  However in that game, the Oilers relied heavily on D and other RBs and passing to WIN the game.  Dan Pastorini was the QB.  So it's not like they had some monster "Franchise QB" to carry them through.

We could do something similar.  

Unlike many on here I don't think that Rico is a boob.  I have seen him do some impressive things with play calling etc this year.  Hotrod's TD pass on Sunday was one and the pass on the goal line Hotrod missed were examples.  Those guys were wide open and the Fish were totally faked out.  Jocks all over the field.  Putting in the Webb package vs the Patsies** was another.

I suspect he'll play.  If he can get on the field (even with crutches) he'll play.  

I like our chances either way.

Injuries: Bills RB LeSean McCoy (ankle) day-to-day   

McCoy, the centerpiece of the Bills' offense, will receive treatment throughout the week, but will not be fully healthy even if he's able to get on the field Sunday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000902300/article/injuries-bills-rb-lesean-mccoy-ankle-daytoday

4 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I know this is going to sound crazy but nobody is going to run against that Jax D. If Shady is not going to play, does it force a game-plan that no defense has seen yet? Does this let Taylor run wild on odd formations and force our receivers and TEs to be a much bigger part of the plan?

Just trying to look at the positives but in a weird way, I think that not having the Jags D focus their game-plan around Shady could be a positive. One thing I believe is that our offense is going to be completely different without us putting such a huge emphasis on the run-game.

This might be the dumbest post on these boards. And that, my friend, really says something 

4 hours ago, Paulus said:

It'd be better than Shady playing hurt, IMO.

Would you rather an 80% Shady for whole playoff period, or 0% against the Jags and 100% against the Pats/Steelers/whoever?

I'd sit Shady and get him 100% for NE.  Give Murphy 75% of the touches and Tolbert 25%. Throw to Murphy alot.

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

I posted this somewhere 

Wild Horses and Stampeding Buffalo won't keep Shady off of the field Sunday.  

No doubt. This boy has been waiting for this...he knows what he has do to...whether a few runs, a few catches ....a few PA passes fakes...decoy Mccoy or whatever. We will be there supporting him and our bills. We can get this one family!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Jerry Christ said:

No doubt. This boy has been waiting for this...he knows what he has do to...whether a few runs, a few catches ....a few PA passes fakes...decoy Mccoy or whatever. We will be there supporting him and our bills. We can get this one family!

One Buffalo isn't just a dumb slogan.   It has meaning. 

drive time BBL

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I’m sorry. Is he your boyfriend or something?

No, but just saying a post is dumb with no explanation or reasoning is dumb.  That's all.

Why was it dumb?  The poster made several points/suggestions.  Which one was dumb and why?

Just saying it's dumb adds nothing to the conversation.

Has nothing to do with boyfriends/girlfriends etc.

10 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

No, but just saying a post is dumb with no explanation or reasoning is dumb.  That's all.

Why was it dumb?  The poster made several points/suggestions.  Which one was dumb and why?

Just saying it's dumb adds nothing to the conversation.

Has nothing to do with boyfriends/girlfriends etc.

Your response to my original post also fits this criteria? ??‍♂️

4 hours ago, Wo-Bah said:

Personally, I think we him, even at 80%, to get to this stage.

Yeah, that is the gamble. I don't feel too comfortable with the backups; you have a point.

42 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'd sit Shady and get him 100% for NE.  Give Murphy 75% of the touches and Tolbert 25%. Throw to Murphy alot.

It's a gamble, but I think he plays.