2nd Favorite Playoff Team

Bing Bong

4 hours ago, Bill Murray said:

the Saints have been pretty impressive.  Watching their one-two punch on the ground with Brees over the top, they would be my pick from the NFC to take down the Pats** in the SB if it came to that.  

Yeah, I’ve always been a Brees fan with the Saints.  They’ve always been fun to watch.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

For me, it's always been Bills first, and whoever plays the Cowboys since about 1993.  But for the past 15+ years, it's the Bills, whoever plays the Patriots, and then whoever plays the Cowboys.  Every other team....meh.  I could care less.

My wife is from New Orleans, so the Saints have become my 2nd favorite team by default.  But I did love Drew Brees and what he did at Purdue so adopting the Saints was easy.  I remember being down in New Orleans for the Saints Super Bowl victory vs Indy.  During halftime everyone in the house was doing a second line, with their umbrellas and rags, and when the Saints scored on the pick 6 to win the game, everyone (including me) went nuts.  On the drive back to my in-laws house on the Westbank, cars were honking, people in the streets hugging complete strangers, it was simply amazing.   And through all of that, a big part of me was jealous.  All i could think was, "I want this feeling for my Bills."  

My fellow Bills fans, this may not end up being the year that we have that Super Bowl victory celebration, but when the Bengals scored that go ahead touchdown to send us into the post-season, I got to experience that overwhelming feeling of joy, excitement, and energy that I haven't felt since the glory years.  And let me just say, I want some more.  And I do believe it can happen Sunday in Jacksonville...

Let's go Buffalo!!

Edited by smuvtalker

Outside of the Bills, I am rooting for the Eagles/Vikings in the NFC, and Jags (depending on how they beat us...if it's via BS ref calls, I'll hate them)/Chiefs in the AFC.

Pretty much teams that have never won the Super Bowl before. I don't care about the NFC South teams, so there goes half the NFC, and the Rams I'm 'meh' on. I like Goff, but I'd hate to see LA (and NFL) rewarded so soon after relocating with a SB team. 

In the AFC, anyone but the Steelers & Pats, as we've seen them too many times already. The Titans are just boring, but it'd be cool if we could somehow meet them in the playoffs & avenge our 2000 playoff loss. 

12 hours ago, Reader said:

It varies season to season depending on the players on other teams. For example, it is a lot easier to like the Bengals when Burfict isn't on the news, while Dalton is one of the most likable people in the league.

Probably San Diego, Detroit, Cleveland, Minnesota. Teams I believe (and could be wrong) are most similar to us, that I feel are underdogs.

I am a big Phil Rivers fan. I think he is a tremendous talent, who keeps playing on very bad rosters (with the exception of the Marty Ball years). If we were not in, they would have been my playoff team (had they made it)

13 hours ago, MyDogLuvsPB said:

My 2nd fave team is not in the playoffs (Packers).  If the Bills don't make it to the SB then I hope the Vikes win it but wouldn't shock me if the Rams did.  The AFC will be represented by the Steelers if we don't make it there.  Pats are overrated; they should've lost the PItt game

And the Houston Game . . .

14 hours ago, Bill Murray said:

the Saints have been pretty impressive.  Watching their one-two punch on the ground with Brees over the top, they would be my pick from the NFC to take down the Pats** in the SB if it came to that.  

Since we played the saints I have been behind what they're doing.   They're focused. Fast. And execute good football. Remind me of the Giants a few yrs ago when they run.  Kamara is special