Trade for Andy Dalton?

Peace Frog

Absolutely.

Dalton is a top tier quarterback who at this point in his career has been destined to play for a perpetually underperforming coach and, so, team. 

Hard to imagine how any NFL team would part with a player like that.  But, hey, we got Shady McCoy for...Kiko Alonso! So you never know...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, vincec said:

If Andy Dalton is the standard, then they might as well just keep Taylor. He’s probably just as good overall.

TT is a better runner/scrambler for sure, but I'd say that there's no doubt that AD is a better passer.

4 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

TT is a better runner/scrambler for sure, but I'd say that there's no doubt that AD is a better passer.

He was Tyrod-esque on that out pattern - I believe the play before. Had his guy and missed terribly.

Not for nothin' - I was more impressed with the catch and run as opposed to the timely throw.

Edited by inaugural balls

51 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Would you trade one of our 1st round picks for Andy Dalton?  Your thoughts.

Mods, if this has already been addressed, my apologies.

Nope.  

The same Andy Dalton that has:

1. Only passed for 4000 yards or more twice in his career despite playing with a lot of talent at WR?
  2. Averages only 5 more yards than TT at just 243 combined yards per game to Tyrods 237 combined yards per game even though Dalton has way more passing attempts.
  3. Only thrown for more than 25 TD's twice?
  4. Averages more than 1 turnover a game?
  5. Has a career average of just 234 passing yards per game, despite talented WR's on a team whose strength was passing?
  6. Only averages .3 more TD's per game than TT yet averages one more full turnover per game more than TT.  

Tyrod averages almost the same amount of combined yards and total TD's per game as Dalton with less pass attempts and while turning the ball over way less.  And Dalton has had ELITE talent to throw to while playing on a team that passes more while TT has been saddled with terrible coaching, on a run first team, a mostly terrible defense, and a substantially worse arsenal of weapons to throw to due to injuries and trades.  Not to mention 3 OC's in 3 seasons and 2 Head Coaches.  

How anyone can sit here and think we should trade a first round pick for a guy who has basically hasn't done anything more than TT has, despite having started 4 more seasons and had substantially better weapons to work with, is beyond me.  

I love you Dalton for that play, but a big HELL NO to trading a first for a guy whose resume isnt even better than they guy we have.  In fact, I would argue its worse because at least TT has upside still given he's dealt with so much change and mostly a revolving door of weak weapons for 3 seasons while Dalton hasn't improved much over 7 years throwing to guys like AJ Green his ENTIRE career.

PS:  AD averages around 30 yards more pet game in passing yards, but also averages around 5 more attempts per game.  Considering TT averages over 7 yards per attempt, if he averaged the same amount of passing attempts per game he would actually average 5 more yards passing per game than Dalton, plus still has all the rushing production too.  You can't really find a single stat that suggests Andy is really any better than TT.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2