Trade for Andy Dalton?

Peace Frog

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I say absolutely. Newsflash: WR are important for QBs. But go ahead and keep pining for Drew Brees.

I have never once stated that I want Drew Brees but cmon man who doesnt. I just don’t want Dalton, i’ve watched a lot of him and he’s not good. He’s not accurate and somehow always finds a way to overthrow AJ Green. Dudes a joke. Tyrod is better than Dalton hands down. 

13 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

TT is a better runner/scrambler for sure, but I'd say that there's no doubt that AD is a better passer.

Why?  Dalton averages just a measly 5 more combined yards than TT...only .3 more TD's per game...yet also averages around a full turnover more per game than TT...all while playing 7 seasons as a starter and throwing to AJ Green his whole career.  

TT averages less passing yards per game (about 30 yards less) but he also throws the ball on average of 5 times LESS per game.  Considering TT averages over 7 yards per attempt, that works out to about 35 more yards per game if they throw the same amount of passes.  Which would then make TT average actually 5 more yards PASSING per game than Dalton and about 35 total more yards per game.  

So again, I dont know how anyone can say a guy who essentially averages around the same production is "no doubt" better while also turning the ball over a lot more.

2 minutes ago, CDogg20 said:

I have never once stated that I want Drew Brees but cmon man who doesnt. I just don’t want Dalton, i’ve watched a lot of him and he’s not good. He’s not accurate and somehow always finds a way to overthrow AJ Green. Dudes a joke. Tyrod is better than Dalton hands down. 

I might even agre Tyrod is better I just hate the argument "he's only good cause of Julio, Megatron, AJ Green." It's important for quarterbacks. And Tyrod's done aright considering he's playing with the worst WRs in the league.

5 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I might even agre Tyrod is better I just hate the argument "he's only good cause of Julio, Megatron, AJ Green." It's important for quarterbacks. And Tyrod's done aright considering he's playing with the worst WRs in the league.

Yeah I hear what youre saying, a good wr is extremely important. Even with AJ I dont think hes good though. I do think Matt Ryan and Matt Stafford are good qb’s but Dalton has had his butt saved by AJ too much. Maybe Dalton pulls a Stafford and really finds himself outside of AJ but I highly doubt it. I think his accuracy is a huge problem. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Locked in until 2021. 

I still have a warm glow for him after Sunday. If we plan to take a guy who needs a year or two to develop (cheaply), a guy like that....  I’ll trust our staff.