The End of the Nathan Peterman Era...

KingRex

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I still think we should have stuck with NP even after the Chargers debacle, we'd be no worse than where we are right now with TT and who knows we might have found a way to upset the Pats at home with him starting.

Either way, despite all the hate and false narratives...NP is still 1-1 as an NFL starter despite both games being less than ideal circumstances (especially the blizzard game against the Colts).

that's absolutely the most ridiculous statement you've made regarding NP, and that says a lot.

Nathan Peterman era???  must of missed it....when did that happen......HEY people if you forgot we're in the playoffs after 17 friggin years....how about routing for all our players and enjoying this time!  

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

that's absolutely the most ridiculous statement you've made regarding NP, and that says a lot.

trolling at its best

And everyone who predicted big things from Peterman that first game were rationalizing as McDermott did after.  Heck wasn't until Wednesday that he finally reinstated Tyrod.

And who knows what happens if Peterman wasn't concussed vs. Indy.....  Would Peterman have continued the final 3 weeks?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/11/nfl-bills-nathan-peterman-stats-tyrod-taylor-chargers-interceptions

My favorite article....

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/11/nfl-bills-sean-mcdermott-nathan-peterman-tyrod-taylor

2 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

Yeah starting Peterman really decresed the Bills chances of winning against a hot San Diego team on the road. Given how Taylor played against the Saints the week before, it's possible he could have been worse against the Chargers

The Chargers were 3-6 going into that game and on a TWO GAME LOSING STREAK before playing Buffalo.  They started 0-4 then won 3 in a row against 3 of the worst teams in the NFL this year and BARELY won those games against the Giants, Raiders, and Broncos.  Then they lost 2 in a row before playing Buffalo.

So people need to stop with this fairy tale of how dangerous and "hot" San Diego was going into that game.  How anyone can call a 3 and 6 team who barely won its 3 games against bad teams and was on a 2 game losing streak "hot" is beyond me.  

We beat better teams than the Chargers this year...we were a better overall team then, and we are still a better team now than the Chargers.  One bad game against the Saints doesn't erase the whole season of wins.  Sometime teams just are flat on any given Sunday, and the Saints are one of the best teams in the NFL this year.  So to assume we can't beat a team with a terrible record on a losing streak is pretty silly just because we had a bad game against the Saints.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Bill Murray said:

But 3 and outs and punts dont mean we lose!  pick 6s do!  3 and outs and punts inside the 20 has won us 9 games and gotten us into the playoffs!!! 

3 and out punts amount to the same thing in terms of scoring, or in this case not scoring. Say what you want, but people arguing just to argue will never admit that even if Taylor had started, it'd still have been a loss. McDermott saw, like the rest of us, how bad Taylor really was against the Saints. Benching Taylor may have actually done him some good. It was a positive result regardless because now were in the playoffs

9 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

3 and out punts amount to the same thing in terms of scoring, or in this case not scoring. Say what you want, but people arguing just to argue will never admit that even if Taylor had started, it'd still have been a loss. McDermott saw, like the rest of us, how bad Taylor really was against the Saints. Benching Taylor may have actually done him some good. It was a positive result regardless because now were in the playoffs

Oh you mean 3 and outs where 8 are in the box on first down and Shady goes for -2, then another run setting up 3rd & 9?????  

No team is prepared for that....

5 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

There is no coach or player at any level of football who will argue that a 3 and out is the same thing as an interception or a pick six.  

The process is supposed to be about patience.  It's about fully analyzing why things go right or wrong.  

Benching your starting QB while the team is in playoff contention for a 5th round rookie on the road wasn't a process move, it was a panic move.

And if Andy Dalton didn't complete a miracle pass all the feel good stories about the Bills the last couple of days would have been hatchet jobs against McDermott's bad decision.

So McDermott made a mistake and some luck bailed him out.  Good for him and good for the team; we all deserved some luck after the last 17 years.

1 hour ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Taylor had 2 starts with under 65 yards passing this season. And both times his QB rating was under 36. 

There was no error. Taylor deserved to sit. 

Meanwhile, back on Planet Earth :

Taylor played well against the Bucs. He played well against the Raiders. He was one of the only Bills who even showed up on Thursday against the Jets and played well - despite regularly having a pass rush in his face the very second he set to throw. Then he played poorly against the Saints and was benched. Makes a lot of sense, right? Particularly given the defense was allowing an average of 400 yds a game over that same stretch. What's a defense-minded coach to do when his D doesn't even show up? Start a fifth-round rookie at quarterback, that's what !!! 

Obviously, not a very well thought-out move. It was the coaching equivalent of throwing crap against the wall to see if it would stick - just like the monkeys do at the zoo. That Peterman clearly wasn't ready just makes the decision even more moronic. If I had to guess, I'd bet Dennison & McDermott thought NP didn't have to be ready, the system would triumph over all. Also :

In the Saints game the Bills running backs combined for 47 yards total, all four quarters. Against the Panthers, they combined for 14 yards the entire game. In the second game against the Jets, McCoy had 25 yards. Against the Broncos he had 21 yards at 1.5 yards per carry. Maybe he deserved to sit in favor of a clearly inferior player just because it's the coachy and "decisive" thing to do? Nah; no one would buy a decision that braindead.......

Edited by grb
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

There is no coach or player at any level of football who will argue that a 3 and out is the same thing as an interception or a pick six.  

The process is supposed to be about patience.  It's about fully analyzing why things go right or wrong.  

Benching your starting QB while the team is in playoff contention for a 5th round rookie on the road wasn't a process move, it was a panic move.

And if Andy Dalton didn't complete a miracle pass all the feel good stories about the Bills the last couple of days would have been hatchet jobs against McDermott's bad decision.

So McDermott made a mistake and some luck bailed him out.  Good for him and good for the team; we all deserved some luck after the last 17 years.

Ok so let me get straight.  Taylor throws for 56 yards at home against the Saints, yeah the Saints were good but were they so good as to say Taylor was in an impossible situation to play any better than that? Everyone acts like a starting QB has never been benched in this league because of poor performance. McDermott fully knew his team was in playoff contention and not one person has posted a single thing about proof Taylor would have been the difference maker against SD. For that matter, neither have the media. In Taylor's defense I will say that Dennison was not the best fit as an OC, but every bit of this criticism McDermott's been getting is moot now. The Bills are in the playoffs, the slate is wiped clean as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by buffalo2218

2 minutes ago, grb said:

Taylor played well against the Bucs. He played well against the Raiders. He was one of the only Bills who even showed up on Thursday against the Jets and played well - despite regularly having a pass rush in his face the very second he set to throw. Then he played poorly against the Saints and was benched. Makes a lot of sense, right? Particularly since the defense was giving-up an average of 400 yds a game over that same stretch. What's a defense-minded coach to do when his D doesn't even show up? Start a fifth-round rookie at quarterback, that's what !!! 

Obviously, not a very well thought-out move. It was the coaching equivalent of throwing crap against the wall to see if it would stick - just like the monkeys do at the zoo. That Peterman clearly wasn't ready just makes the decision even more moronic. If I had to guess, I'd bet Dennison & McDermott thought NP didn't have to be ready, the system would triumph over all. Also :

In the Saints game the Bills running backs combined for 47 yards total, all four quarters. Against the Panthers, they combined for 14 yards the entire game. In the second game against the Jets, McCoy had 25 yards. Against the Broncos he had 21 yards at 1.5 yards per carry. Maybe he deserved to sit in favor of a clearly inferior player just because it's the coachy thing to do? Nah; no one would buy a decision that braindead, would they?

But dont you get it...everything the TEAM does is all Tyrods fault and we clearly had no chance with him to beat a 3-6 Charger team on a 2 game losing streak whose only victories on the year at that point were narrow wins against 3 of the worst teams in the NFL this year who all fired their coaches and are picking in the top 10 of the draft (Well Bronocs are expected to fire their coach even though it hasn't happened yet).

Up next...threads on how its TT's fault for Global Warning followed by a thread blaming TT for a Global Warming Hoax.

• Like (+1) 2

My, My  the trolls for TT are out in force today. Their retelling of the Peterman games, yes i said games, makes me wonder what they watched. Didn't they see a fullback muff a pass , which was on the money, didn't they see two offensive tackles choose not to block their assigned rushers, resulting in less than two seconds for the QB to throw. I would think that the coach did and he will put it in perspective. During the Colts game The QB threw two balls to Benjamin Which resulted in a TD. Benjamin, who TT can't seem to find. Sure, he made a rookie mistake and didn't slide. I suspect that Peterman is going to be in the mix for our starting QB next year because the ramifications of the draft whereby, the first few pickers all need QB's. I do not think TT will be there , unless he takes us on a miraculous drive to the finals. 

18 minutes ago, grb said:

Taylor played well against the Bucs. He played well against the Raiders. He was one of the only Bills who even showed up on Thursday against the Jets and played well - despite regularly having a pass rush in his face the very second he set to throw. Then he played poorly against the Saints and was benched. Makes a lot of sense, right? Particularly since the defense was giving-up an average of 400 yds a game over that same stretch. What's a defense-minded coach to do when his D doesn't even show up? Start a fifth-round rookie at quarterback, that's what !!! 

In the Saints game the Bills running backs combined for 47 yards total, all four quarters. Against the Panthers, they combined for 14 yards the entire game. In the second game against the Jets, McCoy had 25 yards. Against the Broncos he had 21 yards at 1.5 yards per carry. Maybe he deserved to sit in favor of a clearly inferior player just because it's the coachy and "decisive" thing to do? Nah; no one would buy a decision that braindead.......

Priceless!!!!

Also did any leader on the Defense get called out during those games and get benched????

Edited by Billsfan1972

1 minute ago, Wily Dog said:

My, My  the trolls for TT are out in force today. Their retelling of the Peterman games, yes i said games, makes me wonder what they watched. Didn't they see a fullback muff a pass , which was on the money, didn't they see two offensive tackles choose not to block their assigned rushers, resulting in less than two seconds for the QB to throw. I would think that the coach did and he will put it in perspective. During the Colts game The QB threw two balls to Benjamin Which resulted in a TD. Benjamin, who TT can't seem to find. Sure, he made a rookie mistake and didn't slide. I suspect that Peterman is going to be in the mix for our starting QB next year because the ramifications of the draft whereby, the first few pickers all need QB's. I do not think TT will be there , unless he takes us on a miraculous drive to the finals. 

I'm not fully convinced the Colts will let go of Luck

6 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

My my.......  Peterman for MVP.........  Retelling???????  You got to be kidding........  Read these two articles and watch the videos embedded and get back to us.....

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/11/nfl-bills-nathan-peterman-stats-tyrod-taylor-chargers-interceptions

My favorite article....

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/11/nfl-bills-sean-mcdermott-nathan-peterman-tyrod-taylor

Another lamenting the Peterman concussion, or he'd be leading the Bills into Jacksonville......

Edited by Billsfan1972

3 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Ok so let me get straight.  Taylor throws for 56 yards at home against the Saints, yeah the Saints were good but were they so good as to say Taylor was in an impossible situation to play any better than that? Everyone acts like a starting QB has never been benched in this league because of poor performance. McDermott fully knew his team was in playoff contention and not one person has posted a single thing about proof Taylor would have been the difference maker against SD. For that matter, neither have the media. In Taylor's defense I will say that Dennison was not the best fit as an OC, but every bit of this criticism McDermott's been getting is moot now. The Bills are in the playoffs, the slate is wiped clean as far as I'm concerned.

Taylor could have thrown for 3 yards.  He was the QB who helped put the team in contention, so as part of the process, you ride it out with him. 

You don't try to make your 5th round rookie the savior.  Put the rookie in when the team falls out of contention and start him at home if possible. That's the process move.

McDermott should have given Taylor till the Colts game to turn things around.  If the Bills were out of it at that time, start the rookie at home against the Colts.  

Anyway, Good Fortune has covered up McDermott's mistake and the Bills are in the playoffs! 

1 minute ago, Perry Turtle said:

Taylor could have thrown for 3 yards.  He was the QB who helped put the team in contention, so as part of the process, you ride it out with him. 

You don't try to make your 5th round rookie the savior.  Put the rookie in when the team falls out of contention and start him at home if possible. That's the process move.

McDermott should have given Taylor till the Colts game to turn things around.  If the Bills were out of it at that time, start the rookie at home against the Colts.  

Anyway, Good Fortune has covered up McDermott's mistake and the Bills are in the playoffs! 

Can't argue that if I tried. But in Taylor's benching case, taking a step back may have helped him take 2 forward. The end result speaks louder than the assumptions of the decision being a mistake.