Texans interview Bills VP of player personnel

Buffalo716

Brian Gaine the Bills VP of Player Personnel will be interviewed by the Houston Texans for their open GM position 

This was Brian's first year with the Bills and his 19th in the league and he is very well thought of and is the top candidate for the position 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/01/houston_texans_set_to_interview_buffalo_bills_brian_gaine_for_gm_opening.amp

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2018/1/8/16861188/buffalo-bills-vp-personnel-brian-gaine-purportedly-the-favorite-to-be-houston-texans-general-manager

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texans/article/Bills-Brian-Gaine-to-interview-as-Texans-GM-12480337.php

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I predict that this is the coaching change Drunk Hanging Chad will claim he predicted 

I'm still wondering why Savior Back-up hasn't been here doing back flips and hand springs ever since the drought ended.

For a BIG Bills fan, he sure is very timid and quiet when we win.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

I'm still wondering why Savior Back-up hasn't been here doing back flips and hand springs ever since the drought ended.

I think Savior is DD

Peterman disappeared around the Time DD showed up and they both ramble about sources...

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

A source of mine deep in TX says this is a done deal unfortunately.

Can't blame Gaine for jumping ship this quickly though but at least he was part of ending a league worst 17 year playoff drought.

Is he in east Texas? 

4 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

A source of mine deep in TX says this is a done deal unfortunately.

Can't blame Gaine for jumping ship this quickly though but at least he was part of ending a league worst 17 year playoff drought.

i'd be cautious of this.  your sources have a massive tendency to be wrong.  

6 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I'm right here Mark. Was out of pocket over the weekend and didn't really have quality internet access to post but luckily watched all the events unfold including 'The Throw' from Andy Dalton.

Just now, teef said:

i'd be cautious of this.  your sources have a massive tendency to be wrong.  

Not really, they are pretty spot on about everything including benching TT for NP even if it didn't pay off at the time..

Either way this Gaine's job unless he declines.

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Not really, they are pretty spot on about everything including benching TT for NP even if it didn't pay off at the time..

i can't think of a single thing that you've ever predicted that came true...and this is over years and many user names.  you're just kinda bad a football things.

• Haha (+1) 2

We should not be surprised by this at all. Gaine came here from Houston and based on what's been coming out lately, he probably did so just to get out from working under Rick Smith. Probably has a lot of confidence he could return to the organization and do some things better that Smith.

It would be a total bummer to lose him before he's even had a single draft here, and especially with all the picks the Bills have in 2018. 

But id imagine that he's scouted a lot of the 2018 class already so at least we'd have his notes I guess. 

59 minutes ago, JM57 said:

We should not be surprised by this at all. Gaine came here from Houston and based on what's been coming out lately, he probably did so just to get out from working under Rick Smith. Probably has a lot of confidence he could return to the organization and do some things better that Smith.

Well, I guess Rick Smith took a 1 year leave, so he is supposesly coming back next year (even if only as VP and not GM too). If Gaine really did leave because of Smith, maybe he decides to stay here. Wishful thinking right? lol 

Really hope he stays it took a lot to get him here and he is highly respected league wide. If he leaves I'm sure Beane fines a quality replacement but I really liked Beane's staff he put together and was hoping we would get 2-3 years before guys left for bigger spots.