We should Sign Fred Jackson

It's a nice thought and it would be a great story but it would be a bad idea, the NFL is a young man's game.  If McCoy is out and Murphy got injured that would leave us with Tolbert and Jackson at RB which wouldn't be ideal.

10 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

The nostalgia from Bills fans are their biggest downfall.

A downfall has an effect on something.  Being nostalgic has zero effect on anything relavant.  The fans don’t make decisions.  

I think what Fred would bring to the team in the locker room and leadership wise would be more valuable than what another back could bring.  If we bring in Matthews or Deangelo, they’d likely get a couple touches if that.  Same with Fred.  It wouldn’t be about what said player brings to the field of play, but how they could effect the team in any aspect.  I think Fred being on the team would be valuable in this situation.  I understand why some disagree and want no part of him, he’s been out of the league for 2 years, but I also understand how and why we’d want him on the team

32 minutes ago, clearwater cadet said:

I don't who else would be out there, but we are gonna need some one.  There can't be anyone out there who's going to be much of a game changer, but if Freddy in shape, his legs should be fresh.  I don't want him for 16 games,  We only need 15 to 20 carries, few catches out of the backfield and no one pick up the blitz like him.  Plus he will play with more passion then just about anyone, and certainly more then a street free agent back.  Given a choice I'm taken Freddy over Tolbert 9 out 10 times. 

Wonder if OJ is available. Probably in pretty good shape too after all those years in the slammer. Plus he once played for the bills too!

53 minutes ago, clearwater cadet said:

I don't know if he's in shape, but if he is, and if shady can't go or is going to be significantly limited.  I can't think of anyone back I would want then Freddy J.

No, can’t possibly be in football shape plus he had lost a step.  I love FJ but his time is past.

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Gotcha. Probably around when Kamara got the concussion against Atlanta. As if they didn't already have a wealth of riches at RB.

I believe it was because one of their backups was injured and put out for the season in the Bills' game while playing ST.