We should Sign Fred Jackson

1 minute ago, clearwater cadet said:

I don't know if he's in shape, but if he is, and if shady can't go or is going to be significantly limited.  I can't think of anyone back I would want then Freddy J.

Pretty sure he is in shape, but not sure about game shape. If they did sign him, I wouldn't want him as anything more than depth. I highly doubt he could be productive having not played for so long 

3 minutes ago, clearwater cadet said:

I don't know if he's in shape, but if he is, and if shady can't go or is going to be significantly limited.  I can't think of anyone back I would want then Freddy J.

There's one reason not to. We all love Fred but you can't just grab a guy his age who hasn't played and expect him to perform.

I don't who else would be out there, but we are gonna need some one.  There can't be anyone out there who's going to be much of a game changer, but if Freddy in shape, his legs should be fresh.  I don't want him for 16 games,  We only need 15 to 20 carries, few catches out of the backfield and no one pick up the blitz like him.  Plus he will play with more passion then just about anyone, and certainly more then a street free agent back.  Given a choice I'm taken Freddy over Tolbert 9 out 10 times. 

I would consider at least tossing him a work out. I mean, he does give you a guy that can catch it out of the backfield and the jags are a physical front. You might be able to get 2 or 3 tough yard carries from him, where he could hit the hole quicker then Tolbert. And obviously you get the amazing PR. Fred and Kyle getting the playoff game. Even though, for once the Bills actually have some positive PR going on their own without a gimmic.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, clearwater cadet said:

maybe Freddy from 2009 or 2010...not now

I'm sure he could come in and pass protect like a madman, but that would be it.   

I think this situation calls for some serious strategy.  I'm still at a loss about the Jonathan Williams situation, the kid was having a great camp, we just parked him on the practice squad, then Denver grabbed him and a few months ago the Saints signed him to a 2 year deal.

I know roster spots are gold, and they felt Tolbert and Shady were enough, but we're at the point now where we're signing dudes off the street who have never seen our offense before.  Saints must be laughing.   They got our guy that we had all through camp/preseason and here we are in playoff time plugging in their castoffs Cadet and now Murphy in huge games, hoping they can learn enough in a few weeks.

Whaley did the same thing (Boom Herron anyone?) maybe the GM's just feel a RB doesn't have to know that much to get up to speed right away.   I'll say this, if we're going against the number one defense at home with Tolbert and Murphy as our lead RB's, our GM deserves a blow to the head. 

Who knows, maybe the Murph will light 'em up.  We already know what Tolbert is.