What is there to do in Jacksonville?

CBD

Been there once.  Got food poisoning at the McDonalds and had to deal with it for the next 18 hours on my drive back to Geneseo from Daytona Beach in my Dodge Omni crammed with 5 guys.  

I hate Jacksonville. 

Was glad when they got Marrone the Grumpmeister. 

Was hoping Irma would flatten it (at least the McDonalds) 

Laugh every time I see the tarps over the seats.   

Glad we suckered them into picking up Dareus contract and saved $54 Million in cap space for a lazy man-baby who can't grow up.

The owner is cool though.  Name sounds sketchy and looks like a terrorist but he's apparently a great dude, up there with the Arthur Blank's and Terry Pegs.

With this weather, head to St Augustine (about 30 minutes south) and America's oldest city. It's worth it. If you get there really early, head down south a couple of hours to Kennedy Space Center. Not much in Jax itself, except the beach and it's too cold for that. The zoo is good, though.

Oh yeah, just about 40 west is the Olustee battlefield where the South won one of its last battles.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

tinder is supposed to be great there.  so much so i may go down solo and find a date for the game on tinder.

How many girls do you think we can get to show up at the tailgate Sunday morning?

9 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

How many girls do you think we can get to show up at the tailgate Sunday morning?

this needs to be a contest!!!!!!!!

i bet i can pull at least 4 legitimate.  and if we just count anything female... 10

15 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Get drunk at Wing It Saturday night with 30,000 Bills fans, watch the Bills kick ass on Sunday, burn the city down Sunday evening.

What more do you need?

You bringing the wife?  Want in on the contest?  

9 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

this needs to be a contest!!!!!!!!

i bet i can pull at least 4 legitimate.  and if we just count anything female... 10

I'm gonna put up pictures of the condiment shower and the pinto.

I know its tarp week in Jacksonville.  Free admission to the Jacksonville Tarp and Football museum and half off all tarps at the gift shop.  Most restaurants are BYOT, no tarp fees.  At the stadium they're running a Terrible Tarp promotion.  The parking lot will be active with tarp trading so plan accordingly.  

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

i went to the jags game a couple years ago and the cool spot was dave and busters apparently. ended up at the dirtiest strip club with pregnant dancers. tailgate was fun though

I live within a rocks throw from D&B AND the hotel the Bills will be staying at -and I can’t throw very far.. I’m sure some of the Bills will be @ D&B Saturday night. The Landing downtown, near the stadium is Great! -and the most likely place you’ll see other Bills fans that night. 3 bridges cross over the St. John’s right there and they’re all illuminated. Boat shuttles take you all over downtown. It’s a beautiful area! 

Btw, I’ll be wearing my Chandler#81 blue throwback jersey with a Leg Lamp ornament and plan to be at both locales Saturday night. If you spot me, smack my wife!

JUST KIDDING!!! 

Hope to see everyone who’s going!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I heard 50s but wow just checked will be in the 40s. Isn't that like a state of emergency down there?

Pretty much everyone freaking out because it might snow one day. All water gone like we have a hurricane coming lol

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

Not negative 10 cold. LoL

60 on Sunday from what I was told and Monday if still in town 70. I am waiting till weds  to go back home. Got to warm up these old bones.

See been here so long the 50s this week has me in pants hoodies gloves and hat walking the dogs 

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:
1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

i went to the jags game a couple years ago and the cool spot was dave and busters apparently. ended up at the dirtiest strip club with pregnant dancers. tailgate was fun though

I can’t wait!!

for the pregnant dancers?    KIRBY!!!!! 

1 hour ago, RuffMuff said:

Go to St Augustine, cool old fort from like the 1500's and small downtown area all walking distance.  Has bars there as well.O yea, Fountain of Youth there too.

Absolutely!  We had a condo in St Augustine (well, just over the bridge on the beach) for years (sold it this past spring), and it is one of my very favorite small cities in the US! It is also the oldest city in the United States.

You could do the touristy Ripley's things (meh),  visit the fort, sit around and drink Sangria while watching the people walk by on St George Street in Old Town, go to the alligator farm (SUPER creepy!), and more