What is there to do in Jacksonville?

CBD

Adult Beverages

If staying DT, personally, I would hit the previously mentioned Roof Top bar at Cowford Chophouse on East Bay and call it a day. However, it is a bit pricey and service can be slow.There is a small tap room next door and there are other bars on East Bay. Further down(not that close) on East Bay is Intuition Ale Works tap room which is great.

The Jacksonville landing is pretty lame but a good safe option, has several options all in one place, and is river front. Probably the best option for most.

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I swear I am the only person who doesn't like Metro Diner. VERY popular though, so probably a good choice for many (most) people.

I would refer to it as overrated.

1 hour ago, Carey Bender said:

Thank you very much for this response. If there's anything else worth checking out please let us know.

Any good spots for breakfast? I'm considering bringing subs or some sort of takeout for the tailgate, any good places or ideas for that? 

see separate breakfast post. I am not much of a sub guy but in the same area mentioned for breakfast there is a Jimmy Johns and Firehouse.

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

But you cant get good Polish!!!!

Cracks me up when Buffalonians travel and they want to find a good wing place..WTF, thats why you are traveling, try something new and try something that that locale is great d

Well..what is jville known for? I think its cool to try pizza in other places around the country.

If any of you are staying more than the weekend, check out St. Augustine. It's only 45 minutes south and it's one of the most beautiful little cities in the country. I went to college there (Flagler), and it's become quite hip and cool, too. 

Fernandina Beach is fun, too.