Enough's enough - This team went 9-7......

We get at least one playoff game, something only the most optimistic among us could have expected.  They're playing with house money here.  Let's just enjoy it and save the over-analyzing for later.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
add to
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, BobChalmers said:

Dude - they squeaked into the playoffs (getting the monkey off their backs)  AND they stockpiled picks - how is this not incredible progress for the franchise??

Team McBeane knows they aren't all there yet. McD practically said as much.

BUT cracking the playoff wall is just plain good for the psyche of the franchise and the fans - although apparently some fans are just too scarred to realize it... :rolleyes:

And I do......  Just missing the point as you drink the Koolaid......

I've explained it before and will no longer rehash it.  

Just not buying the coaching yet........  

The good news is I thing Jax is a fraud and hope for a win.

Just now, joesixpack said:

most of us are. some people with an anti-McD agenda are not.

it's too bad.  most of us have been celebrating for the last few days, but the guys who continually ripped this team all season just want to continue the nonsense.  if guys like badol, scottlaw, and 1972 can't be thrilled this week, i think it reflects a lot on who they are as people.

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

we are going to the playoffs, and you actually have the koolaid comment thrown out there.  bravo.

i like how you're downplaying jax now.  this way if the bills win, you can call it a big nothing, and if the bills lose, you can say the bills were a fraud, and didn't deserve to be there.  are you attending the badol school of posting?

2 minutes ago, teef said:

jesus.  the op needs meds.  i haven't seen someone so upset that the team they supposedly love made the playoffs.  all of this over the loss of sammy.  the same sammy who hasn't done much of anything this year...again.  the same sammy the op called elite.  the same sammy that the op was insistent that the rams coach was telling his qb not to throw too.  i just don't get it.  

we should all be thrilled with where this team is right now.  

It's truly and extremely odd.

He ripped the organization for trading Sammy....ripped them the whole year.  Now we make the playoffs and he wants to rain on everyone's parade.....because we don't have Sammy Watkins.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

It's truly and extremely odd.

He ripped the organization for trading Sammy....ripped them the whole year.  Now we make the playoffs and he wants to rain on everyone's parade.....because we don't have Sammy Watkins.

yup.  this is literally all about getting rid of watkins.  apparently he just wasn't a piece of this puzzle.  get over it and try to be a bills fan.

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

This coach brought us to the playoffs without Sammy Watkins....a generational talent like you think.

That should be enough to convince you he's a good coach.  

39 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And yes the 18 year curse was lifted.  

The Bills won the tie-breakers and we're in the playoffs with the best possible first round opponent (something I predicted btw).

The point is (and I keep repeating) is that this is pretty much the same records as 2014-2016, so quit thinking this coaching staff & HO turned water into wine.

What it did do was create such low expectations that some consider it a miracle.

What was miraculous was winning 6 games where the opposition had the ball at the end of the game with a chance to win & the Bills winning each and every time.  

I am as excited as anyone that they are in the playoffs and planning my Sunday, but I am not getting ahead of myself and anointing this coaching staff as an all time great.

However I am a fan and don't get stuck on the minutiae wrt to drafts, schemes and philosophy.

It is quite simple for us fans.  If a team is 8-8 for 3 seasons in a row, you look at it and say 2 more wins and you're in the playoffs.  I look at the skill positions and how they are utilized (and yes was pissed at Watkins, the trade and not targeting him enough).  I thought better coaching and tweaks to properly utilize Taylor and we'd see a huge improvement.

On the defensive side, it did not take much to see that they were undisciplined, took way too many penalties, and disorganized under Rex, which could be fixed easily to the point they would be competent.

So as said I will be here and cheering Sunday & hopefully beyond & will leave shortly thereafter while you argue about the draft, personnel moves & free agency.

I will return when Sammy signs and when a decision is made on Tyrod.

Again would we fans be so excited if they went 8-8, or 8-7-1 (as McDermott tried vs. Indy) and no playoffs.  

It is the Playoffs that has created this euphoria, not a record that matches those the prior 3 years......

Flame away!!!!!

I thought 9-7 and playoffs was better than 8-8 and no playoffs.  Did they change something?? I already took Sunday off, them slushies gotta make themselves!

37 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Blah.... blah...etc.

Flame away!!!!!

After a strong desire to ask you where on the doll that evil man touched you....I just decided you need a safe spot away from the evil world. I hope and pray someone you trust gives you a hug.

OR this just could a relative of Doug Whaley.

Look at fivethirtyeight's ELO (stats geeky power rating): Bills are just a tick BETTER than Jax.  These are very evenly matched teams. Being at home makes Jax a 2.5 point favorite. Neutral field? Bills would be favored by about half a point. Losing Shady (likely) will hurt a bit. But ... Blake Bortles. A very winnable game, and a great first round draw for us!

Save the pessimism for Sunday night, where (even if we win) it will definitely be the proper response .... Round 2 will not be so kind to these teams.

44 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

What it did do was create such low expectations that some consider it a miracle.

Low expectations:

C8hbpZ3UQAE7Dgh.jpg:large

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 1

I get it if you're not excited about breaking a 17 year curse and making the playoffs....

Maybe draft picks are your thing?

Oh, we somehow accumulated an extra 1st and 2nd and many late round picks.

Or... maybe cap space is your thing?

Oh, we unloaded our worst contract and will have a ton of space for next year.

Hmm... maybe, losing is your thing?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Look at fivethirtyeight's ELO (stats geeky power rating): Bills are just a tick BETTER than Jax.  These are very evenly matched teams. Being at home makes Jax a 2.5 point favorite. Neutral field? Bills would be favored by about half a point. Losing Shady (likely) will hurt a bit. But ... Blake Bortles. A very winnable game, and a great first round draw for us!

Save the pessimism for Sunday night, where (even if we win) it will definitely be the proper response .... Round 2 will not be so kind to these teams.

Geez, which is exactly what I am saying.  

I do think the team would have been much better as it was constructed in the preseason.  

I do however applaud the Benjamin trade and trying to improve the offense.  

48 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

So as said I will be here and cheering Sunday & hopefully beyond & will leave shortly thereafter while you argue about the draft, personnel moves & free agency.

Don't make promises you're not going to keep.  Please.

• Like (+1) 1