Dennison - Does He Stay On As OC For 2018?

Dennison  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Keep Dennison

• He’s fine. He wasn’t /isn’t our problem.
    • He’s not worth keeping around.
    • You don’t fire a coach when you make the playoffs.
    • Give him one more year.

Dennison is a tough one. His opening drives have been really really good, as he showed against the Patriots and even yesterday. 

On the other hand, his adjustments have been non-existent, and he still won't cater the game to TT's mobility. I think we should move on if a good, young option becomes available. 

Dennison called a heck of a game yesterday... The play to O'Leary was a tremendous design. Then the other throw to Nick that Tyrod missed was another great play call. The Williams TD was a awesome play call. It's nice to see that Dennison called his best game in a must win situation. Those are the type of games that our coaches usually drop.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

If the Bills decide to retain Tyrod I think they must get rid of Dennison.  They are a mismatch and Tyrod clearly can’t run Dennison’s offense.

Keep in mind, I’ve been very open about my opinion of Tyrod.  I think he needs to go.  However, I am coming to the realization that there simply may not be a viable alternative.

We draft a QB early and let them compete. If Tyrod wins it out he starts next year. If not, we cut or trade him. If Dennison wins next week we keep him next year. 

2 minutes ago, unclepete said:

We draft a QB early and let them compete. If Tyrod wins it out he starts next year. If not, we cut or trade him. If Dennison wins next week we keep him next year. 

If TT wants to make it past the thrid day of the new year he needs to redo his contract again

Denny is garbage... Only the dimmest of minds can confuse this lucky break with lasting progress... This team looked better and made more strides under Marrone with Hackett. -And Hackett sucked b_lls..... Convinces me more and more that Schwartz would have seen us in the playoffs sooner, and with a better team... Hat's off to McDoomed... He earned high praise from me for putting Peterman out there... -Proved he was willing to try just about anything... -He needs to keep that going... We'll have to take some big chances in order to beat the Gag-uars.

Edited by #34fan
  • Like (+1) 1

Again, can't this wait. We're in the playoffs!!!!

Look, do we really need to start from scratch again with yet another new scheme? With better talent next year maybe Rico's scheme is the way to go. I'm not a big fan so far but it would be nice to have some consistency for once in his team's history. That said, I'm not thinking about this right now I'm thinking about the playoffs!

Dennison needs to go as does Castillo.  I don't think a Super Bowl run would change my mind either.

They are two coaches who try to fit personnel to *their* scheme and script and it's not a sustainable approach for success.  I think it produces lazy, uninspiring and at times gutless football that really smart coaches figure out at halftime.  (See:  New England Patriots)

That being said, I do think Dennison has gotten the memo of late that he needs more than a half of offensive plays and that running and hiding after halftime with a lead only works in the NBA.

Id rather have a new OC and OL coach when we draft a qb in the 1st.

After making the playoffs i could see derm letting him on another year.

He did his part some games but sometimes the plays he called with the personell he chose to run it really made me question those type of game time decisions. McCoy should be running the zone stretches and then you have tolbert to power runnit up the gut to beat them up when their tired of chasing McCoy n vice versa.

I dont like it but, They will keep him. 

31 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Dennison needs to go as does Castillo.  I don't think a Super Bowl run would change my mind either.

They are two coaches who try to fit personnel to *their* scheme and script and it's not a sustainable approach for success.  I think it produces lazy, uninspiring and at times gutless football that really smart coaches figure out at halftime.  (See:  New England Patriots)

That being said, I do think Dennison has gotten the memo of late that he needs more than a half of offensive plays and that running and hiding after halftime with a lead only works in the NBA.

Every coach figured it out by halftime.  Look again at the turtling Buffalo did yesterday.

Oh and Peterman threw two good passes in Dennison's scheme.  Wow time to hand the reins to your fifth rounder.....

A good coach adapts to his talents skill set.  Pretty simple I'm.

Edited by Billsfan1972