The Official “ I was Wrong “ thread. Playoff edition.

A whole bunch of Mea Culpas need to be made by many of us. Let me start.

I truly didn’t believe we wouldn’t get past 6 wins, 5 after the Sammy trade. I was wrong.

I TRULY didn’t believe we could get to the playoffs!!!! I was wrong.

I’m happy I was wrong. I was really surprised by the emotions I had.  After having been DESTOYED by this team for close to two decades I tried to not care and talked myself into believing I didn’t but today proved otherwise. I was wrong about that too.

Finally, I believed Peterman was the way to go from the first game. I was wrong!!!

Had we started him I don’t believe we would be where we are today, In the Playoffs.

Mea Culpa

Edited by Buffalo Boy

Thought it was just a 6 win team at best that was re building for the future.

Hell I thought after Miami recovered that onside kick off we were dead meat and was about to feel worse than 2004 plus the McKelvin fumble combined.

i love being wrong!  Though I still believe we are still building for something great 

Edited by Another Fan

The last handful of years I've been feeling less and less upset when things went wrong.  I thought it was maybe my age and I was growing out of caring so much.  Tonight I was just watching but didn't feel any different until it started getting closer to happening.  Now I am as jubilant as I was 17 years ago (some in between).  I had no idea it would effect me so positively, to be honest.

I actually now understand how winning can change a culture, I'm feeling it in my own house.   

4 minutes ago, White Linen said:

The last handful of years I've been feeling less and less upset when things went wrong.  I thought it was maybe my age and I was growing out of caring so much.  Tonight I was just watching but didn't feel any different until it started getting closer to happening.  Now I am as jubilant as I was 17 years ago (some in between).  I had no idea it would effect me so positively, to be honest.

I actually now understand how winning can change a culture, I'm feeling it in my own house.   

This is how I was, it seemed like I was trying not to care until it got closer to being possible, then I found myself cursing out the bengals for blowing the lead. Figured it was over until they got the ball back with a chance to win, then I’m rooting for Andy freaking dalton lol 

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Hell I thought after Miami recovered that onside kick off we were dead meat and was about to feel worse than 2004 plus the McKelvin fumble combined.

Right there with you. I can’t write what I said on that call by the Ref after that play???

• Like (+1) 1

I thought this was a five win team... and I was okay with that, knowing that the draft capital we gained in the offseason was going to be huge for the long term. But PLAYOFFS? Has me real excited for the future of this club. If McDermott can take THIS roster to the playoffs? Imagine what he can do with a couple good offseasons of drafts and FA acquisitions...

• Thank you (+1) 1

This was in my pre season exceptions.  I thought if the defense was better and the offense stayed the same we would get 9-10 wins.  After the 3 game losing streak I thought we wer going for a top1 0 pick.  Now I savor in the playoff glow.  Go Bills!!!!!!