Tyrod Taylor: Playoff QB

/dev/null

6 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Backup QBs have made the playoffs in the past. But regardless, TT gets full marks from me for being the QB of the Bills team that finally broke through. 

I wonder who was the worst QB ever to win a wildcard berth? Crappy QBs can win a division if the whole division is bad. Winning a wildcard means you have to compete with the whole conference. The Bills could and should try to get better than Tyrod but he represents a baseline level required to even get a wildcard spot and the Bills haven't had that in over a decade. We didn't have an elite defense or elite weapons either.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Andy Dalton didn't get us 9 wins. Tyrod Taylor did. As much as it pains you, he is a playoff QB despite playing in a division with the greatest dynasty of all time.

Impressive.    9 of em 

Edited by Teddy KGB

Id like the mourn the posters who were expelled from the CoT for click hoppin during the 5pickpetermen debacle,.

You gave up on the messeiah. Then the messeiah turned around and broke the drought, even tho hes going to another team next year. However ya COATs feel, we are in the playoffs for the 1st time and 16 yrs and thats whats up.

CoT

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Good for him. I really believe 9-7 is pretty much his ceiling unless you have a top 5 defense, but good for him. He never will lose us games like Blake Bortles might this week.  

I never thought I'd type it but I think we may have the advantage in a playoff game at qb!

That’s good, because without a Shady the Jags have the advantage at every other position except maybe kicker,

3 hours ago, 87168 said:

these are the posts that don't make sense. why are people so eager to get rid of a playoff qb without a confirmed better option? inform me, please. TT is the first qb to get this team to the playoffs in nearly two decades, and people want to run him out of town. amazing.

Mainly people are just stupid and stubborn and would rather be right and miserable while saying "I told you so!" than be wrong and happy and say "I was wrong."

It's one of those "win the Internet" things, for some.

Most rational people are probably finally accepting that, in fact, this is not an either/or thing with Taylor... we can keep him for the one year he he has left on his contract while also drafting our future Franchise QB.

I love him, man.  Probowl and now playoff QB.  He's frustrating beyond belief but he's still young and has shown a lot in these last few weeks.  I'm on board with drafting somebody new and fully know that this relationship can no longer really work regardless of any outcome, but damn, Tyrod might be leading other teams to playoffs for years.  He's a leader.

3 hours ago, 87168 said:

these are the posts that don't make sense. why are people so eager to get rid of a playoff qb without a confirmed better option? inform me, please. TT is the first qb to get this team to the playoffs in nearly two decades, and people want to run him out of town. amazing.

The only way to have a confirmed better option is for someone else to start. 

3 hours ago, stuvian said:

TT  did everything that was asked of him and acted pretty classy throughout. Character guys like him don't grow on trees

If only he could throw a football accurately and consistently.

He's done around these parts, but I give him credit for arguably maxing out what he has to give.

3 hours ago, 87168 said:

This was a flukey year where the AFC was clearly down and  the Bills got in on a wing and a prayer.

We improve the QB on this team, this year and we are a 10-11 win team. 

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

No way.       Teams that much better with an able qb 

Thank you Andy Dalton for the miracle.  

Dude go away or give him credit for once! This team was a crap show from the beginning of the year that most picked to win less than 6 games.

Unbelievably we've downgraded our WR corps from 2016 and our OL has been a revolving door both literally and in terms of rotation.

Taylor is better than you thought he was and, truthfully, you're in denial if you think there isn't a really good chance he'll be back in 2018 as a bridge to whoever we draft.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Foreigner said:

Since he has been the Bills QB, the past three years, he has a better record than  Philip Rivers,

Joe Flaco, and Eli Manning all franchise QBs, yet the Tyrod haters are still out in force tonight.

In 2017 in Games Hotrod started vs teams not named the New England Patriots**, the bills were 8-4.

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Answer this honestly leave out any angst you have for people not in love with TT.   

how many times did you tell throw the damn ball? 

What did you think when TT fumbled the ball? 

You still really aren't figuring all this out yet, are you?

You and xRushx and TeddyKGB and jmc and Crusher (wherever he may be) and your ilk can go celebrate New Years Eve in a hotel room sulking and burning Tyrod Taylor's jersey knowing he'll be etched forever in Buffalo lore and that his name just won't go away like you so desperately want it to.

Tyrod Taylor is the first QB to lead the Bills to the playoffs since 1999.

And he is a big reason for this playoff berth.

It happened.

Get over it.

1 hour ago, twoandfourteen said:

I never said we wouldn't make the playoffs with the guy. I've just maintained that he was in the 30-35 range as far as NFL QBs go. 

Backup QBs have made the playoffs in the past. But regardless, TT gets full marks from me for being the QB of the Bills team that finally broke through. 

Yeah, saying Taylor's the 30-35th best QB in the NFL was stupid then and is stupider now :doh:

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Dude go away or give him credit for once! This team was a crap show from the beginning of the year that most picked to win less than 6 games.

Unbelievably we've downgraded our WR corps from 2016 and our OL has been a revolving door both literally and in terms of rotation.

Taylor is better than you thought he was and, truthfully, you're in denial if you think there isn't a really good chance he'll be back in 2018 as a bridge to whoever we draft.

Its america.   I can do what I want. 

Tons of crappy QBs have went 9-7 and we don’t praise them for it. 

This team will be better with a better qb.  I stand by that.      Be mad about it if you wish. 

Im happy for Tyrod and all the Bills fans but I prefer moving on next year and I have that right.   

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 1

Tyrod Taylor is stastically, a fine starting QB in the NFL.  The entire world knows this and has been telling us for two years.

But a bunch of armchair forum fans scream that he doesn't pass the eye test because he's not John Elway.  OK, let's see what happens.

Now he's in the playoffs.  In the playoffs at 28 years old by the way, which is meaningful.  I want to keep the guy - I don't get why any sane, rational football fan can hate him all things considered.  Yes, I've watched him too.   

• Like (+1) 3