Tyrod Taylor: Playoff QB

/dev/null

5 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Still don't want him back next year unless we win the superbowl

these are the posts that don't make sense. why are people so eager to get rid of a playoff qb without a confirmed better option? inform me, please. TT is the first qb to get this team to the playoffs in nearly two decades, and people want to run him out of town. amazing.

5 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

He got us to the playoffs with no run defense and pass rush, add a star DE and DT, why couldn't we make the playoffs again with a stronger roster around him?

He did it in 15 games too. And with his #1 WR  for years traded away before the start of the season. Did a single WR from last year even return? Taylor did pretty well this year when you think about it.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

He did it in 15 games too. And with his #1 WR  for years traded away before the start of the season. Did a single WR from last year even return? Taylor did pretty well this year when you think about it.

We got 4 picks within the top 64 picks on top of the fact that we are a playoff team.

45 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Good for him. I really believe 9-7 is pretty much his ceiling unless you have a top 5 defense, but good for him. He never will lose us games like Blake Bortles might this week.  

I never thought I'd type it but I think we may have the advantage in a playoff game at qb!

This is kinda weird. Taylor reached 9-7 this year without a top 5 defense, unless you consider NP's performance in the snow bowl to be indispensable. Taylor also had terrible pass protection, a running attack which would vanish for whole games, a revolving group of cripples & castoffs for receivers, and a defense which took a long mid-season break giving up 400 yards of offense each game. Yet he reached 9-7. Yet 9-7 is his ceiling. Anyone else see the problem with the logic here?

• Like (+1) 5

59 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Tyrod joins the pantheon of Bills QB to start a playoff game

Rob Johnson
Doug Flutie
Jim Kelly
Frank Reich
Joe Ferguson
Jack Kemp

Will he join Kelly, Reich, Ferguson, and Kemp as Bills QB to win a playoff game?

Hopefully but he is just holding the seat for Mayfield.

Just now, FearLess Price said:

He deserves credit. Made the playoffs in 15 games with an all new and usually injured wr core in a scheme that works to his weaknesses as a player. You dont have to like him but give credit where its due. Still think we draft a qb 1st.

I wouldn't trade up for one but if the right prospect came to us, absolutely. We got time to choose, Taylor is a playoff caliber QB, let the board come to us.

• Like (+1) 1

I have been very frustrated with Taylor at times and he played terrible against the Saints, Pats, etc, but TT (and his lack of turnovers, especially) played a huge role in this team making the playoffs.

And he didn't have an elite D, O-line, or WR corps. Those units weren't even average.

Edited by FLXbillsmafia
  • Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Tyrod joins the pantheon of Bills QB to start a playoff game

Rob Johnson
Doug Flutie
Jim Kelly
Frank Reich
Joe Ferguson
Jack Kemp

Will he join Kelly, Reich, Ferguson, and Kemp as Bills QB to win a playoff game?

Yes.

Tyrod isn't great. He misses too many easy passes he needs to hit to offset his other deficiencies. 

BUT...

I also think better QBs than him would be way worse than him on this team. Good QBs would get killed on this team. 

The only reasonable thing to do is keep him, do all we can to get a top draft pick QB, get rid of Dennison, let Tyrod and our #1 pick have a legitimate tryout in camp, and if rookie is anywhere near a tie, he gets the start. Then we have the best backup in the league. 

2 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

He deserves credit. Made the playoffs in 15 games with an all new and usually injured wr core in a scheme that works to his weaknesses as a player. You dont have to like him but give credit where its due. Still think we draft a qb 1st.

1. The Bills will draft a quarterback with a first round pick - though whether they look to move up is a complete mystery.

2. The Bills won't be satisfied going into 2018 with just Peterman and their first-rounder; they'll want a veteran too

3. Taylor only costs the Bills 9mil of cap in 2018, and any veteran signing would offset much of that.

4. Nonetheless, Taylor is gone. McBeane has shown they don't want him & that overrides all other considerations.

5. Other teams know this, so they'll wait for TT to be cut.