Tyrod Taylor: Playoff QB

/dev/null

35 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:
6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:lol: Comic relief. You still know nothing.  One QB (Peterman) :censored: in his pants when facing pressure while the other (Tyrod) offten escapes pressure to make positive plays.  Your analysis is juvenile and silly. 

RLBillZ on his third identify.

I really want to know what Nate did to piss 26 off?

the hate he has for the rookie is astounding.   

26 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

If people think the Bills are in the playoffs because of Tyrod hen they need to have a sit down.

The team is in the playoffs.  

There is no I in team. 

17 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

You claimed “even joe Webb is a viable alternative to Taylor.” In the initial post I responded to. 

Claiming he’s a viable alternative to what we have is in fact claiming he’s at least on par with Taylor. I’m annoyed I even need to explain that to you. Geez. 

And im not gonna humor the post with a response becuz it’s a god awful notion. ESPECIALLY when you clearly just stated he’s not as good as Taylor. So no... he’s not a viable alternative. 

"Viable" does not mean "at least on par". 

"Viable" does not mean "equal to".

"Viable" is an entirely different concept. 

I can see this is causing you some confusion, so I'll illustrate the difference with this totally hypothetical and not-at-all true example: 

My girlfriend accidentally came across my internet search history, so a tent pitched in the backyard became a "viable" living arrangement for me. 

Living in a tent in the back yard is obviously no where near as good as living in the house, but it's better than sleeping out in the rain. 

Now do you see the difference?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

"Viable" does not mean "at least on par". 

"Viable" does not mean "equal to".

"Viable" is an entirely different concept. 

I can see this is causing you some confusion, so I'll illustrate the difference with this totally hypothetical and not-at-all true example: 

My girlfriend accidentally came across my internet search history, so a tent pitched in the backyard became a "viable" living arrangement for me. 

Living in a tent in the back yard is obviously no where near as good as living in the house, but it's better than sleeping out in the rain. 

Now do you see the difference?

You know what. I was wrong. Silly me. With that being said....

i guess i should have just simplified it and taken all translation out of it. Joe Webb being even a viable option is a silly notion. And using a couple of Taylor’s worst outings to try and illustrate a broad picture of how he plays isn’t a great way to try and prove your point. 

6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:lol: Comic relief. You still know nothing.  One QB (Peterman) :censored: in his pants when facing pressure while the other (Tyrod) offten escapes pressure to make positive plays.  Your analysis is juvenile and silly. 

46 sacks this year (3rd in league) and 124 over the past 3 years might say other wise.

3 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

This is practically the definition of "splitting hairs", ladies & gentlemen. 

This is true. Taylor was, in fact, the starting QB of the first Bills team to make the playoffs in nearly two decades. I give Taylor full credit for that. 

It's also undeniable that Andy Dalton -- a legitimate starting QB -- actually threw the 49 yard TD pass that put the Bills in the playoffs. 

So, it's not quite the same as a real starting QB "leading his team" to the playoffs... but I'll gladly take what I can get after all this time. Taylor did what he needed to do yesterday and everything worked out for us all. It's a nice change of pace, right? 

Hahaha. You’re hilarious. So Andy Dalton is the reason the Bills made the playoffs?  The same Andy Dalton whose team didn’t make the playoffs? Okay. Got it. 

You can tell by your screen name how bitter you are that your prediction didn’t come through.  So sad. 

Edited by Bills757

37 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

There is no I in team. 

100%.

Definitely not because of the QB who doesn’t anticipate and throws for 187 yards per game.. It was all the team.

Edited by Jay_Fixit
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's not a bad strategy when you know you can't win a shootout.

What’s the strategy when the 29th ranked pats defense keeps choking you out? 

If we keep him for some reason can we play the other guy the 2 pats games ? 

14 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

You know what. I was wrong. Silly me. With that being said....

i guess i should have just simplified it and taken all translation out of it. Joe Webb being even a viable option is a silly notion. And using a couple of Taylor’s worst outings to try and illustrate a broad picture of how he plays isn’t a great way to try and prove your point. 

My point is based on Taylor's horrible performance specifically at that point in the season. 

The 56 yards and a FG against the Saints created a situation where the offense had become so bad that literally anyone with QB experience on the roster became a -- wait for it -- "viable" option. 

However, Joe Webb was NOT a viable option at any time during the season until that Saints game. After another Tyrod dumpster fire under center, all bets were off. 

By the way, it wasn't such a "silly notion" after the guy came in and pulled off the W in the Colts game, was it?

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'd agree they don't have the players on offense designed to fair well in a shootout.... fans will interpret that as "yes,

because Tyrod sucks". But the receivers outside of Benjamin(who lacks speed) are abysmal and the overall scheme is a conservative one.

Last years offense would be much better suited for a shootout.

Thompson is not abysmal.  And neither is Shady.  Tyrod can make plays occasionally but isn't consistent enough to do it regularly and make himself a franchise QB.

23 minutes ago, Bills757 said:

Hahaha. You’re hilarious. So Andy Dalton is the reason the Bills made the playoffs?  The same Andy Dalton whose team didn’t make the playoffs? Okay. Got it. 

You can tell by your screen name how bitter you are that your prediction didn’t come through.  So sad. 

Yes. Andy Dalton threw the TD pass that LITERALLY put the Bills into the playoffs. 

He's not THE REASON they made the playoffs, but he's the guy that PUT them there. 

This shouldn't be so difficult. 

My screen name is not a prediction... but a nod to the Bills record back when I was a young lad, just starting out. 

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Thompsons been a good add but the guy was signed off the streets for a reason. 

He's good for Tyrods game as the Bills had 0 speed receivers until they signed him. 

I never said a Tyrods a franchise QB. He's a solid stop gap till you have someone better. Got to draft one to get better.... something the Bills never do.

Doesn't matter where a guy was signed from, the question is can he play?  He can. 

And they've have drafted QB's.  Just not the right one.  As you can tell by the low success rate of QB's, it's not easy.  

1 minute ago, twoandfourteen said:

Yes. Andy Dalton threw the TD pass that LITERALLY put the Bills into the playoffs. 

He's not THE REASON they made the playoffs, but he's the guy that PUT them there. 

This shouldn't be so difficult. 

My screen name is not a prediction... but a nod to the Bills record back when I was a young lad, just starting out. 

Dalton's TD pass to AJ Green in the Bills game was a reason the Bills needed help to get into the playoffs.  Works both ways. 

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

No. I think the logical fans without a Tyrod bashing agenda know that Tyrod was a big part of them getting to the postseason

As some posters have pointed out, turnover differential is key to getting to the playoffs and the fact that Tyrod never turns the ball over while being efficient in most games is one of the reasons they are going to Jacksonville.

He was a big part of the team getting to the postseason. As the starting QB, that is true pretty much by default. 

He was also a big part of it almost not happening. His inability to produce anything even remotely resembling a barely functional passing offense cost them several games, and that includes the Chargers game. 

53 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

There is no I in team. 

I don't think It is Peterman, he just was the person who happened to be the QB who took Tyrod's job. Therefore the wrath of 26 has to come down on him.Wait until next year when when another QB has Tyrod's job and he will be the same as he was with Peterman.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Doesn't matter where a guy was signed from, the question is can he play?  He can. 

And they've have drafted QB's.  Just not the right one.  As you can tell by the low success rate of QB's, it's not easy.  

Dalton's TD pass to AJ Green in the Bills game was a reason the Bills needed help to get into the playoffs.  Works both ways. 

Nope, it doesn't. The Bills had many opportunities after the Bengals game to continue on and play.  It's only moderately relevant because it was one of the 7 other losses they had. The Bills needed help to get in because of many other games/plays throughout the season.

The Dalton/Boyd TD was it. There were no second chances. The direct result of that play was a ticket to the playoffs for the Bills. 

5 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Nope, it doesn't. The Bills had many opportunities after the Bengals game to continue on and play.  It's only moderately relevant because it was one of the 7 other losses they had. The Bills needed help to get in because of many other games/plays throughout the season.

The Dalton/Boyd TD was it. There were no second chances. The direct result of that play was a ticket to the playoffs for the Bills. 

The Ravens should have scored more points before that final drive, then.  They had everything to play for and the Bengals had nothing. 

1 minute ago, twoandfourteen said:

The Bills should have drafted Tom Brady in the 5th round back in 2000. 

What's your point?

My point is that...the Bills are in the playoffs.  Don't really care about the rest.

7 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

The Bills should have drafted Tom Brady in the 5th round back in 2000. 

What's your point? 

The point is it’s dumb to say they got lucky and got in based on one play. Bottom line is the bills did what they needed to do to get in over the course of the season and the ravens didn’t. 

If people play this dumb game they could point back to any game the ravens lost and say “well we should thank Big Ben for that drive he had 4 weeks ago to beat the ravens. That’s the reason we are in the playoffs.” How foolish does that look?

posters are using it as a way to downplay what transpired yesterday and it just so happens the people doing so also seem to have an axe to grind with a certain player on the team and will stop at nothing while nit picking anything they can from the situation to be “right” about him. It’s sad really. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2