Tyrod Taylor: Playoff QB

/dev/null

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

And look who he is surrounded by. ;) Garrapolo, Goff, Rodgers...

Here's another take : Suppose you do find this to be the Statistic of Statistics, and ignore how the rating doesn't seem to translate into quality of quarterbacking.

Even then, what are you left with? Taylor is 1-1/2 passes more "cautious" than Brees every 100 pass attempts? That would be about six attempts over the season, and maybe a completion every fourth game. Is this really the terrible price the Bills pay for having the least turnover-prone quarterback in the NFL?

Edited by grb
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

Jameis has Mike Evans and Desean Jackson and I agree with taking shots downfield especially with Evans because he's a beast, but doing it too often with 50/50 balls they are still called 50/50 balls for a reason.

Except they are not really 50/50 balls...in fact the comp % is SUBSTANTIALLY lower than 50% on those types of plays and they have the highest risk of turnovers of any throw a QB can make.  50/50 term is a made up fan term...its not a literal odds prediction.  Its a terrible throw to make on a regular basis.  And its a big reason why James isnt a very good QB yet.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Confirmation of one the issues we've seen with Tyrod. 

This is a terrible list to be on the top of.  In fact, most the guys at the top are the guys who turn the ball over a lot.  There are a lot better QB's around Tyrods name then at the top of this list.  

And, this isnt a list that tells the whole story...its HIGHLY dependent on the WR's the QB is playing with.  If the WR's aren't that good, fitting passes into tight windows with them is highly risky in the first place.  Not to mention, QB's generally dont force the ball into tight windows with guys they don't trust or have good rapport with.  Tyrod has seen his WR groups CONSTANTLY change and mostly be mediocre at best due to injuries and trades.  And few of them have any size to be also be physical and use their body to help the QB.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

14 minutes ago, grb said:

Here's another take : Suppose you do find this to be the Statistic of Statistics, and ignore how the rating doesn't seem to translate into quality of quarterbacking.

Even then, what are you left with? Taylor is 1-1/2 passes more "cautious" than Brees every 100 pass attempts? That would be about six attempts over the season, and maybe a completion every fourth game. Is this really the terrible price the Bills pay for having the least turnoff-prone quarterback in the NFL?

The statistics of statistics is throw all the tds.  

Carson Wentz is what we are looking for.  

Edited by Teddy KGB

Props to the Bills and Tyrod Taylor for getting into the playoffs after 19 year playoff drought. I haven't seen the Bills in the playoffs since I was a high school freshman. We needed luck from Cincinnati Bengals to get in though. Oh well.

Despite that, I'd still look for his future replacement. I'm not satisfied with Tyrod because he just doesn't throw the ball a lot. I don't care about his lack of interceptions. In the playoffs, Tyrod has to be able to air it out. I'll see this Sunday.

Bills Mafia, we're in. Bout damn time.

First off, NO, TT isn't a gunslinger who's gonna have 300 yard games and lead a pass first offense or put up huge statistical numbers. No he probably won't ever be a league MVP and pass for 30+ TD's a season. Yes, I agree we still need to draft a QB to prepare to lead this team in a couple years. That being said, Tyrod Taylor's earned some damn respect from this fan base for doing what Alex Van Pelt, Drew Bledsoe, JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Brian Brohm, EJ Manuel, Thad Lewis, Jeff Tuel, Matt Cassel, Kevin Kolb, and Cardale Jones couldn't. He's been a leader and playmaker for an offense that is nearly devoid of talent. He's not an elite pure passer but isn't asked to be and doesn't need to be. He's made chicken salad out of chicken sratch. An article outlining the predicted starting QB's for 2018 places Alex Smith (http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/21763010/nfl-projecting-starting-quarterbacks-qb-needy-teams-2018) as the starting Quarterback for Buffalo (this was written prior to our qualifying for the Playoff's), but why? He barely limbed into the playoffs in a far weaker division, with much more talented roster. Could you imagine what our team would've looked like with KC's offensive weapons? Ideally he'd stick around while we bolstered the roster while also finding a QB of the future, but based on how his time on this team has gone the past couple years i don't think he will. Cant wait to watch this team play Jacksonville and hope TT lives and dies by slingin' the ball all over the field to audition for his future teams and get a win ( i personally believe it's gonna be either Denver, LA Chargers, Jacksonville ironically, or NY Giants). 

GO Bills 

P.S. RRRREEEEEBBBBEEEELLLLSSSSSSS

On 12/31/2017 at 7:37 PM, stuvian said:

TT  did everything that was asked of him and acted pretty classy throughout. Character guys like him don't grow on trees

176 ypg = 31st I guess it could be worse 

1 hour ago, RunninRebel37 said:

First off, NO, TT isn't a gunslinger who's gonna have 300 yard games and lead a pass first offense or put up huge statistical numbers. No he probably won't ever be a league MVP and pass for 30+ TD's a season. Yes, I agree we still need to draft a QB to prepare to lead this team in a couple years. That being said, Tyrod Taylor's earned some damn respect from this fan base for doing what Alex Van Pelt, Drew Bledsoe, JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Brian Brohm, EJ Manuel, Thad Lewis, Jeff Tuel, Matt Cassel, Kevin Kolb, and Cardale Jones couldn't. He's been a leader and playmaker for an offense that is nearly devoid of talent. He's not an elite pure passer but isn't asked to be and doesn't need to be. He's made chicken salad out of chicken sratch. An article outlining the predicted starting QB's for 2018 places Alex Smith (http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/21763010/nfl-projecting-starting-quarterbacks-qb-needy-teams-2018) as the starting Quarterback for Buffalo (this was written prior to our qualifying for the Playoff's), but why? He barely limbed into the playoffs in a far weaker division, with much more talented roster. Could you imagine what our team would've looked like with KC's offensive weapons? Ideally he'd stick around while we bolstered the roster while also finding a QB of the future, but based on how his time on this team has gone the past couple years i don't think he will. Cant wait to watch this team play Jacksonville and hope TT lives and dies by slingin' the ball all over the field to audition for his future teams and get a win ( i personally believe it's gonna be either Denver, LA Chargers, Jacksonville ironically, or NY Giants). 

GO Bills 

P.S. RRRREEEEEBBBBEEEELLLLSSSSSSS

???????

On 1/1/2018 at 8:37 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

snipped

There is no I in team. 

The is no Q or B in Taylor. (Just kidding)

I find this whole thread rather funny because if they actually WIN the Super Bowl with Taylor, he will be God.

If they lose to the Jaguars, he will be the picture accompanying SUCK on Wiki. 

• Haha (+1) 1