The last time the Bills were in the playoffs...

DC Tom

The movies Erin Brockovich and Gladiator hadn't been released yet.

The Kursk hadn't sunk yet.

Shaquille O'Neil still hadn't made his first free throw yet.

PlayStation 2 hadn't been released yet.

The Seattle Kingdome was still standing.

Dora the Explorer hadn't debuted yet.

Tom Landry and Charles M. Schulz were still alive.

Edited by Peace Frog

10 hours ago, /dev/null said:

On November 8, 1998, CBS televised the first NFL game to be broadcast in high-definition, between the New York Jets and Buffalo Bills at Giants Stadium. It was also the first time two Heisman Trophy winning quarterbacks started against each other in the NFL (Vinny Testaverde for the Jets and Doug Flutie for the Bills).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_on_CBS#HDTV_coverage

26 is Don / Chad?    :o

It's not quite the same game, but I just realized that when I met my wife in 2011, it was a week or so after the Sabres got bounced from the playoffs.  So this is the first time since I've known her that a Buffalo team is in the playoffs.  She has no idea what she's in for.

12 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Technically HD, but inferior to 1080i and 1080P.  Not true HD. 

It was HD for the technology at the time, and qualified under the definition.   

A friend worked at CBS at the time, and we went to the 57th St studios to watch the broadcast (who had a HD TV then?).  We all remarked that the cameramen needed to repoint the focus for the 16x9 frame.  They were still centered on the LOS, which left big open spaces behind the RBs, instead of capturing more of the defensive formations.

On July 23, 1996, WRAL-TV (then the CBS affiliate in Raleigh, North Carolina; now affiliated with NBC) became the first television station in the United States to broadcast a digital television signal. HDTV sets became available in the U.S. in 1998 and broadcasts began around November 1998.

Approximately one year before I left Western NY to move to the RTP region.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Ten cent wings were still a thing

Red Dog and Red Wolf beer existed

AOL instant messenger did too

Ditto for the Montreal Expos

The Brewers just moved to the National League

Shopping Malls were still a thing

And video game arcades

Personally: 

My son, in first grade at the time, was still a Bills fan, he's since jumped ship following 99 season to become a Titans fan, graduated HS, went to prison for a few months is now closing on his first house this coming weekend. (yeah a lot of changes). 

Left military service, worked in the civilian sector for seven years, came back and now I'm a DoD civilian.

Owned two different houses, owned five different vehicles (only 2 I truly liked)

I've been to over 300 major and minor league baseball games and seen two no hitters, one NLCS and one NLDS game each and three Triple A playoff games.  

Edited by Bullpen

54 minutes ago, GG said:

It was HD for the technology at the time, and qualified under the definition.   

A friend worked at CBS at the time, and we went to the 57th St studios to watch the broadcast (who had a HD TV then?).  We all remarked that the cameramen needed to repoint the focus for the 16x9 frame.  They were still centered on the LOS, which left big open spaces behind the RBs, instead of capturing more of the defensive formations.

Already stipulated. 

39 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Bill Belichick was the Defensive Coordinator of the Jets.

Tom Brady was a senior at Michigan.

Rob Gronkowski was 10-years-old.

Mentally and emotionally he still is 10 years old.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1