Bills flying the big bird again, to Miami

zow2

For all the aviation nerds, the Bills are once again chartering one of Delta’s last 747-400 aircraft. To be retired soon from their fleet.  Arriving this morning as Flight DL8865.  It’s schedule to depart as DL8865 to Ft. Lauderdale at 1:10pm.

Edited by zow2

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

I wonder who gets to sit in first class...

Is that where the hump is?  Probably Tpeg and his crew of VIPs. Or maybe he flies down on his own plane.

all I know is that it’s a beautiful feeling to board in 15 degrees and snow, then exit the aircraft in 72 degrees and sunny.

27 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Is that where the hump is?  Probably Tpeg and his crew of VIPs. Or maybe he flies down on his own plane.

all I know is that it’s a beautiful feeling to board in 15 degrees and snow, then exit the aircraft in 72 degrees and sunny.

Try doing the other way around. I got on in Orlando and off in Syracuse. 60 degrees to 0 degrees in less than three hours. But at least my car started!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Fuel-based, yes. Perhaps the lease is low as they have taken the planes out of the rotation on non-charter flights? Just spitballing here.

If this was true every team would be looking to save money chartering jumbos.

It's billionaire toy stuff, but it's  pretty cool actually.  It's far more plane than a team needs, obviously, but the boss can cover it with pocket change.

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

the hump is business class for most airlines.  first class is in front, downstairs.

8 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

the hump is business class for most airlines.  first class is in front, downstairs.

I love flying the old 747's in business on the top floor. The ceiling height is lower, but it's much quieter. A more intimate feel. The A380 is nice, but I'll miss the 747.

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I love flying the old 747's in business on the top floor. The ceiling height is lower, but it's much quieter. A more intimate feel. The A380 is nice, but I'll miss the 747.

no one moves around and there isn't the big mess of people constantly gegtting up and down.  and the bathroom is seldom used.

• Like (+1) 1

Years ago, more than a decade ago I had a few of the best flights in my life in 747-400s, used to fly back from Europe in business or first, cant even remember but a couple times spent nearly the entire time in the bar, i really had some great times up there, nice people, if the stewardesses were "cool" it real made it enjoyable.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

I wonder who gets to sit in first class...

I would think they have it configured all first class.  Half those players could barely fit in if it wasnt.