The Wall.

Nanker

20 minutes ago, ALF said:

Steve Bannon, three others charged with fraud in border wall fundraising campaign

Federal prosecutors on Thursday charged Steve Bannon, President Donald Trump's former campaign adviser, and three others with defrauding donors of hundreds of thousands of dollars in a border wall fundraising campaign.

Bannon has been arrested, according to a spokesman for the US attorney's office. Bannon's lawyer did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/20/politics/bannon-build-the-wall-indictment/index.html

Welp, that's a shitload of restitution to have to pay.

20 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Does anyone know what the SCOTUS decision is regarding Trump's Wall?

I thought you did.  You said that it supports your position yesterday.  Do you mean to say that you don’t konw what you’re talking about?  I never would have guessed . . . 

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, ALF said:

Steve Bannon, three others charged with fraud in border wall fundraising campaign

Federal prosecutors on Thursday charged Steve Bannon, President Donald Trump's former campaign adviser, and three others with defrauding donors of hundreds of thousands of dollars in a border wall fundraising campaign.

Bannon has been arrested, according to a spokesman for the US attorney's office. Bannon's lawyer did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/20/politics/bannon-build-the-wall-indictment/index.html

And if they’re guilty, they should be locked up indefinitely.  No questions there.  Kudos to a clearly impartial DOJ for pursuing this beyond politics.  We’ve seen instances in the past where things get buried around election time.  Not here.  And it’s going to be very hard for folks to scream “partiality”, should more indictments follow from Durham.  

53 minutes ago, ALF said:

Throw the book at him if he's guilty.

But if the feds nail you, there is a pretty good chance you are guilty.

But, like EVERYTHING ELSE, let the system play out.

Even though I think Bannon is a first class scumbag at face value.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/2/2020 at 1:29 PM, Unforgiven said:

Most of the loudest outspoken liberals are grifters hustling for free something.

HILARIOUS given today's news.

A rundown of events:

We’re going to build a wall and Mexico is gonna pay for it.

Actually never mind we’re going to build a wall and you’re going to pay for it.

Actually never mind we’re just gonna take your money.

Lying to poor white people that poor immigrants are going to take their money while actually taking their money and giving it to rich people who then “donate” it back for more accurate and powerful propaganda tools to further trick poor white people and continue the cycle is quite frankly the GOP platform.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

More on the above:

"Steve Bannon, 'We Build The Wall' organizers arrested, charged with defrauding donors."

Fox News reports.
"As alleged, the defendants defrauded hundreds of thousands of donors, capitalizing on their interest in funding a border wall to raise millions of dollars, under the false pretense that all of that money would be spent on construction. While repeatedly assuring donors that Brian Kolfage, the founder and public face of We Build the Wall, would not be paid a cent, the defendants secretly schemed to pass hundreds of thousands of dollars to Kolfage, which he used to fund his lavish lifestyle," acting U.S. Attorney Audrey Strauss said.

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

More on the above:

"Steve Bannon, 'We Build The Wall' organizers arrested, charged with defrauding donors."

Fox News reports.
"As alleged, the defendants defrauded hundreds of thousands of donors, capitalizing on their interest in funding a border wall to raise millions of dollars, under the false pretense that all of that money would be spent on construction. While repeatedly assuring donors that Brian Kolfage, the founder and public face of We Build the Wall, would not be paid a cent, the defendants secretly schemed to pass hundreds of thousands of dollars to Kolfage, which he used to fund his lavish lifestyle," acting U.S. Attorney Audrey Strauss said.

Off to prison you go, Bannon. Would love to see more of these kinds of arrests as we all know most of these 'fundraisers' are anything but.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Off to prison you go, Bannon. Would love to see more of these kinds of arrests as we all know most of these 'fundraisers' are anything but.

Exactly right.

I would also point out that he probably chose this scam because he knew, unlike some here, that support for a border wall is very high.

Just now, B-Man said:

Exactly right.

I would also point out that he probably chose this scam because he knew, unlike some here, that support for a border wall is very high.

In fairness, I've never been a Bannon fan. He's always struck me as an opportunist first. It was an early bad choice by Trump to have him anywhere near him.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

In fairness, I've never been a Bannon fan. He's always struck me as an opportunist first. It was an early bad choice by Trump to have him anywhere near him.

Lol, hey, it’s great you admit to being attracted to scam artist. Color me “not surprised” 

Btw, I have an amazing bridge in Brooklyn for sale, real cheap! 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Exactly right.

Also the people he duped are, well, dumb.  So there’s that, too. 

Culture of lawlessness.  Well put.  So well put.  Rule of law!

4 hours ago, BillStime said:

Lmao

It’s friggin hilarious.  Now the wall shouldn’t be privately funded.  And since Mexico isn’t going to pay for it, does that mean that taxpayers are going to support this stupid monolith? It’s either that or it doesn’t get built.  So which one is it, Trumpers?

4 hours ago, ~Kostabi~ said:

117990695_184837056371208_57403668360181

This might be the root hoax of this whole series of hoaxes.  The original hoax, if you will. 

Edited by SectionC3
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1