The Wall.

Nanker

19 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

If you're going to try to fool the big man you'll either have to get much better at sarcasm or accept that your hair will never grow back.

Trump can grow hair? Given his results, I think I'll choose to remain bald.

2 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Trump can grow hair? Given his results, I think I'll choose to remain bald.

You don't have to be like Trump.  Maybe you can look like Kevin from The Office when he wears his toupee.  That was good.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/24/2020 at 3:39 PM, 3rdnlng said:

The Wall, prior to Trump's addition had stretches that were built out of items that were on hand such as Vietnam War era helicopter landing pads. These fences were easily penetrated but were erected in areas that naturally had a lot of influx from Mexico. They really never shut down the border but acted as a speed bump only.  Other sections only had gates across roadways that could be walked around by people on foot. The approach now is not to make the wall so tall, so thick and so difficult to get over or under that no illegal aliens can possibly get into the U.S. The new wall slows people down to the extent that after our sensors and cameras pick them up they can be caught. People can argue all they want about whether or not we are replacing wall or building new wall. At this point, what difference does it make?

It makes no difference. Because your dear leader defied the constitution to fund his vanity project and wrote a campaign "check" that his mouth (when not full of McNuggets and Quarter Pounders) couldn't cash.  Face it, he didn't the job done and he's not just a loser, he's a tremendous loser.  Sad!

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

It makes no difference. Because your dear leader defied the constitution to fund his vanity project and wrote a campaign "check" that his mouth (when not full of McNuggets and Quarter Pounders) couldn't cash.  Face it, he didn't the job done and he's not just a loser, he's a tremendous loser.  Sad!

Defied the constitution? Says who? 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

No worries. Uncle Joe will start dismantling it in a few weeks. I assume taking the Wall down isn’t unconstitutional. Let’s see if he does. 

There isn’t much to dismantle.  The three new miles that Trump built probably could come down in a couple of hours.  

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

There isn’t much to dismantle.  The three new miles that Trump built probably could come down in a couple of hours.  

Good morning sectionC3! What a glorious morning! Happy monday to you!

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So why does it bother you then? Can you see it from your house. 

Because the funding mechanism is illegal and I believe in the rule of law. 

Because I don’t believe a sea-to-sea wall is about border security.  It’s about xenophobia. 

And because I believe the wall will soon prove ineffective.  I watched Narcos.  Those dudes are smart. 

But in all seriousness, nobody that I know is against a wall in an urban place, like San Diego or Yuma or Nogales.  (I’ll qualify that by saying that El Paso probably is a different story, but I don’t know anyone with “skin” in the El Paso issue.)

I have a major problem with a wall disrupting Big Bend National Park.  It’s unnecessary and stupid.  The financial and ecological costs aren’t worth the minimal benefit (assuming there is a benefit) a wall would provide in remote areas. 

So my problem isn’t with a smartly-done wall.  It’s with a sea-to-sea wall that supports xenophobia and that does not protect Americans.  

38 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Because the funding mechanism is illegal and I believe in the rule of law. 

Because I don’t believe a sea-to-sea wall is about border security.  It’s about xenophobia. 

And because I believe the wall will soon prove ineffective.  I watched Narcos.  Those dudes are smart. 

But in all seriousness, nobody that I know is against a wall in an urban place, like San Diego or Yuma or Nogales.  (I’ll qualify that by saying that El Paso probably is a different story, but I don’t know anyone with “skin” in the El Paso issue.)

I have a major problem with a wall disrupting Big Bend National Park.  It’s unnecessary and stupid.  The financial and ecological costs aren’t worth the minimal benefit (assuming there is a benefit) a wall would provide in remote areas. 

So my problem isn’t with a smartly-done wall.  It’s with a sea-to-sea wall that supports xenophobia and that does not protect Americans.  

That is a lie that's been disproven here in the past when you brought it up previously. Do you not have the ability to learn new things?