Matt Milano graded out among top rookie LB's

On 12/29/2017 at 4:41 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

Right on. And I hope Beane can and does scout as well.

I have no doubt that McDermott "had a hand" and even a major role in the 2017 picks. Just like Ryan had a hand in the previous 2 drafts, and Marrone in the 2 before him. As coaches should. The GM should be picking players that fit the specific scheme their coaches run. Whaley picks Ragland for Rex's D in '16, and Milano for McDermott's D in '17. Same as previous years and coaches.

But for anyone to assume McDermott showed up at OBD totally prepared, with an entire scouting departments worth of his own reports, and he didnt use Whaley's information... is just flat crazy.

Whaley didnt have one type of LB. He always drafted for his HC's scheme. When the scheme changed (every year), his type changed.

Well said. This is the most  logical assumption we can make. Others try to credit one or the other with the draft, but I would say Whaley drafted players to fit his HC's stated needs. Exactly how the system is suppose to work in a healthy NFL team environment. Even though there was obvious tension between Whaley and Marrone, and to a lesser extent Whaley and Rex, he delivered for his HCs in every draft including this one.

On 12/29/2017 at 3:39 PM, klos63 said:

What if the wasn't ready to start all season? It's not unusual for rookies to need some time before they are ready.

Keep in mind, the guy who's saying "another questionable personnel move", his name is SaviorPeterman.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

I like Christian Jones who will be a free agent outside linebacker from Chicago.  He's got speed and length.  26 years old and is looking for the right scheme, I think McDermott could make him blossom.  

I also think they'll be looking to add their MLB in the draft.  Could see two new starting linebackers next to Milano next season.

I hope they can build up a decent rotation that can handle what packages Offenses through at them.

thing is and we both know this LBs look best behind a consistent D line.
I feel good about trusting the Secondary to do their job.

Milano looks like he is going to fit nicely 

17 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I hope they can build up a decent rotation that can handle what packages Offenses through at them.

thing is and we both know this LBs look best behind a consistent D line.
I feel good about trusting the Secondary to do their job.

Milano looks like he is going to fit nicely 

I expect big changes along the front 7 this offseason to help out the secondary