Matt Milano graded out among top rookie LB's

2 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Matt STUD-lano should have been starting all season. Yet another questionable personnel and evaluation move by this regime:

DSPXcZCU8AAzcRE.jpg

Not that I am bragging..... !@#$ it okay I AM bragging.... but I had a mid 1st round grade on Zach Cunningham as well when most had him as a 2nd round player. 

I didn't evaluate Milano but I remember watching the Clemson v Boston College tape as part of my Watson evaluation and this Milano kid was just always around the ball making plays. I googled him after and the consensus seemed to be "6th round to UDFA, quick but too small." But I was happy when we picked him. He has a nose for the football. 

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You think McD showed up knowing all about every prospect and who he wanted to draft, and disregarded Whaley and Whaley's team's information? Do you have any idea how much work goes into scouting each year? One man can not do that on his own. Especially when his primary job is DC of a pro football team.

"Whaley's team" was so vital that they were all quickly fired.

Not long after, many of "Whaley's team's" pick were gone form the roster  as well.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I really do not care to be contrarian.
But the issue might better be stated. what were the Bills thinking starting those OLBs and thinking we would be good for the season ?
Certainly happy for the Rookie. And he does shine at times for sure !
But Bills went into this season weak at LB imo. And I am a fan of Preston Brown ( mostly)

Go Milano

Can't fill every hole in one offseason. They brought in Gerald Hodges who had 80 tackles last year with 3 sacks and 2 INTs.  He did a face plant this year and didn't even make the team.  The guy has a total of 3 tackles in 10 games for the Saints.  Milano has been an upgrade.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Not that I am bragging..... !@#$ it okay I AM bragging.... but I had a mid 1st round grade on Zach Cunningham as well when most had him as a 2nd round player. 

I didn't evaluate Milano but I remember watching the Clemson v Boston College tape as part of my Watson evaluation and this Milano kid was just always around the ball making plays. I googled him after and the consensus seemed to be "6th round to UDFA, quick but too small." But I was happy when we picked him. He has a nose for the football. 

I don't see Foster going far with that quirky throwing motion.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not long after, many of "Whaley's team's" pick were gone form the roster  as well.

As usual, your comment does nothing to refute or add to the comment you quoted. Carry on, WEO. Good to see some things never change.

1 minute ago, Buffalo30 said:

Can't fill every hole in one offseason. They brought in Gerald Hodges who had 80 tackles last year with 3 sacks and 2 INTs.  He did a face plant this year and didn't even make the team.  The guy has a total of 3 tackles in 10 games for the Saints.  Milano has been an upgrade.

Zach Brown ?

Matt STUD-lano should have been starting all season. Yet another questionable personnel and evaluation move by this regime:

DSPXcZCU8AAzcRE.jpg

Reaching big time. Milano looked lost early in the season, and clearly progressed to where he is now.

DSPXcZCU8AAzcRE.jpg

Yes, drafting Milano was yet another questionable personnel and evaluation move by his regime.  Too bad we missed on him and he’s playing for the Titans.  

Oh wait, this bumbling regime drafted a starting LB in the 5th round.  You are so ridiculous.  

Just now, MJS said:

Reaching big time. Milano looked lost early in the season, and clearly progressed to where he is now.

closes very well.

nose for ball.

lets see how he holds up and how is used, assuming he will be  BIlls next season

Just now, Buffalo30 said:

Did he want to resign here??  He sent out a thank you/goodbye note to the city of Buffalo on his twitter account even before McDermott was signed on.

No he did not. Who would after Rex?
and i read he wanted to get paid. 

Just the same, Gerald Hodges ? That!  is what they bet upon for a coverage LB ?
Matt looks the part and I agree this fits MCBeanes staffing plan.

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

No he did not. Who would after Rex?
and i read he wanted to get paid. 

Just the same, Gerald Hodges ? That!  is what they bet upon for a coverage LB ?
Matt looks the part and I agree this fits MCBeanes staffing plan.

Obviously Hodges would've just been a bridge player, there wasn't a lot of options besides Brown in last year's linebacker pool.  We drafted two guys and one became a starter.  We picked up bridge players in free agency because that's all that was left.  Like I said, can't fix all the holes in one year.

15 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

closes very well.

nose for ball.

lets see how he holds up and how is used, assuming he will be  BIlls next season

I meant reaching in that the OP said the coaches were wrong for not starting him the whole year. Milano is awesome, but it took him some time to get there. The coaches were not wrong to work him in slowly.

3 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Whaley's drafts were never as good as this last one. Maybe he had some influence, but I think this was a joint operation.

Yes they were. Just because incompetent Bills management got rid of good players does not mean Whaley's drafts were poor. Jeez.

49 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

What's your point?

2 minutes ago, yungmack said:

Yes they were. Just because incompetent Bills management got rid of good players does not mean Whaley's drafts were poor. Jeez.

He was great in the first couple rounds. His later picks weren't great. 

C. Richardson

Randell Johnson

Dez Lewis

S. Henderson 

Karlos Williams (admittedly good until he ballooned)

Kolby Listenbee

Cardale Jones

Also, I would say Kujo was far overdrafted. 

40 minutes ago, MJS said:

Humber played better than expected.  I'll give him that.  Literally from the second Milano got on the field he was making plays.  He should have never gone back to the bench.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-cincinnati-bengals-20-buffalo-bills-16

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-buffalo-bills-30-tampa-bay-buccaneers-27

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-buffalo-bills-34-oakland-raiders-14

The Buffalo Bills improved their home record to 4-0 on the season with their 34-14 win over the Oakland Raiders on Sunday. Overcoming several injuries on the defensive side of the ball, the Bills forced four Oakland turnovers, including a Matt Milano scoop-and-score before the end of the first half.