Matt Milano graded out among top rookie LB's

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

As usual, your comment does nothing to refute or add to the comment you quoted. Carry on, WEO. Good to see some things never change.

Take a step closer to your computer screen.  Or just able for help..

2 hours ago, yungmack said:

Yes they were. Just because incompetent Bills management got rid of good players does not mean Whaley's drafts were poor. Jeez.

What's your point?

Then new FO didn't value Whaley's teams input.  Obviously.

3 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

closes very well.

nose for ball.

lets see how he holds up and how is used, assuming he will be  BIlls next season

Why wouldn’t he (I’m assuming that last part was supposed to say “be with the Bills next season”)?

9 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

Putting Zay Jones aside (who I still believe is gonna get it turned around) this was an EXTREMELY successful draft.....if Bean can work this magic next year we are cooking with fire

Since Darius was traded for a late  6th rd  we are dead last against the run and you trying to pep up little Milano in what world are you living in ..........Dashawn Watson would have set us up for the next ten years , Bean barely know how to do his job while the Chargers who was expected to win 5 games this year but struck  gold with their HC hire A.Lynn we sit here and act like everything is honkey dory.......this coach is weak who can handle strong NFL talented personalities who bring in buddies TOLBERT, DUCASSE  instead of FB players    get a grip..... that extremely successful crap is so BILLSY

9 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

Putting Zay Jones aside (who I still believe is gonna get it turned around) this was an EXTREMELY successful draft.....if Bean can work this magic next year we are cooking with fire

Even if Zay is a bust (which I think is up in the air) as long as White, Dawkins, and Milano play up to their potential and stay relatively healthy this past draft is a huge success. Even factoring out the fact that they got a extra 1st round pick simply finding 3 good starters at key positions is a sweeping success. 

8 hours ago, liverpoolkev said:

Since Darius was traded for a late  6th rd  we are dead last against the run and you trying to pep up little Milano in what world are you living in ..........Dashawn Watson would have set us up for the next ten years , Bean barely know how to do his job while the Chargers who was expected to win 5 games this year but struck  gold with their HC hire A.Lynn we sit here and act like everything is honkey dory.......this coach is weak who can handle strong NFL talented personalities who bring in buddies TOLBERT, DUCASSE  instead of FB players    get a grip..... that extremely successful crap is so BILLSY

Funny because the Bills were expected to win 4 or fewer games and will likely win 9 and still have a shot at the playoffs.  This without a franchise QB like Rivers.

And the book is still out on Watson, who had a lot of red flags.  He had just 4 good game before tearing his ACL in practice, without contact, on a grass field. 

15 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Not that I am bragging..... !@#$ it okay I AM bragging.... but I had a mid 1st round grade on Zach Cunningham as well when most had him as a 2nd round player. 

I didn't evaluate Milano but I remember watching the Clemson v Boston College tape as part of my Watson evaluation and this Milano kid was just always around the ball making plays. I googled him after and the consensus seemed to be "6th round to UDFA, quick but too small." But I was happy when we picked him. He has a nose for the football. 

Ill admit I was on the Foster bandwagon when we traded back but very happy with white these days (was lukewarm on the pick as it felt like spinning our wheels instead of getting a the centerpiece for a LB driven scheme)

milano I think still ends up a 3 or 4 guy on the depth chart at best. Good contributor, role player, and fill in but not a guy you want to lean on heavily or be the top of your talent pool at the position

22 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

milano I think still ends up a 3 or 4 guy on the depth chart at best. Good contributor, role player, and fill in but not a guy you want to lean on heavily or be the top of your talent pool at the position

In just about half a season's play, he has shown a nose for the ball and seems instinctive. IMHO, it is too early to say he will be a career #3 or #4. 

14 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

In just about half a season's play, he has shown a nose for the ball and seems instinctive. IMHO, it is too early to say he will be a career #3 or #4. 

Agreed. Out of our 3 starting LBs (Milano, Brown, Alexander), Milano should be the LAST one replaced. Alexander is doing his best but playing out of place, Brown is dead to me. We'd have to bring in 3 or 4 high quality LBs before Milano got pushed down the depth chart.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Agreed. Out of our 3 starting LBs (Milano, Brown, Alexander), Milano should be the LAST one replaced. Alexander is doing his best but playing out of place, Brown is dead to me. We'd have to bring in 3 or 4 high quality LBs before Milano got pushed down the depth chart.

I agree. Also Milano is still a rookie and can continue to improve 

22 hours ago, H2o said:

Agreed

The question is though, who's draft board were we going off of. Whaley was still here then. Was this a Whaley or McD draft? Was McD consulting with Beane before he was even here? I know some of the Panthers fans were crying foul at the time. 

Whaley put the draft board together, McD called the shots 

20 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

Obviously Hodges would've just been a bridge player, there wasn't a lot of options besides Brown in last year's linebacker pool.  We drafted two guys and one became a starter.  We picked up bridge players in free agency because that's all that was left.  Like I said, can't fix all the holes in one year.

agreed for sure but I hope they have targets who can help the team right away.

20 hours ago, MJS said:

I meant reaching in that the OP said the coaches were wrong for not starting him the whole year. Milano is awesome, but it took him some time to get there. The coaches were not wrong to work him in slowly.

agreed. The acclimation to the NFL is no small feat. we see it all the time.
Looks like they Coached this Kid up correctly imo

20 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

Humber played better than expected.  I'll give him that.  Literally from the second Milano got on the field he was making plays.  He should have never gone back to the bench.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-cincinnati-bengals-20-buffalo-bills-16

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-buffalo-bills-30-tampa-bay-buccaneers-27

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-buffalo-bills-34-oakland-raiders-14

The Buffalo Bills improved their home record to 4-0 on the season with their 34-14 win over the Oakland Raiders on Sunday. Overcoming several injuries on the defensive side of the ball, the Bills forced four Oakland turnovers, including a Matt Milano scoop-and-score before the end of the first half.

Humber started well and fell off mostly.

I found him to be a weak link. and Teams knew it.

Very good on Teams though.

17 hours ago, Doc said:

Why wouldn’t he (I’m assuming that last part was supposed to say “be with the Bills next season”)?

My comment was to suggest " who knows" what Beane will do.
If he can find a better Coverage backer ...

2 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

agreed for sure but I hope they have targets who can help the team right away.

I like Christian Jones who will be a free agent outside linebacker from Chicago.  He's got speed and length.  26 years old and is looking for the right scheme, I think McDermott could make him blossom.  

I also think they'll be looking to add their MLB in the draft.  Could see two new starting linebackers next to Milano next season.

On 12/29/2017 at 3:29 PM, SaviorPeterman said:

Matt STUD-lano should have been starting all season. Yet another questionable personnel and evaluation move by this regime:

DSPXcZCU8AAzcRE.jpg

Maybe he wasn't ready at the beginning of the year. You better get ready to some apologizing when we are perennial contenders under McDermott.