YoloinOhio

Houston hires Bills VP of Player Personnel Brian Gaine as GM

14 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

He was the director of pro personnel... Handles free agent signings. Not drafts.

Oops. My bad. Don't know why I thought he he was on the college side too.

Edited by BillsFan4

8 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

He was the director of pro personnel... Handles free agent signings. Not drafts.

Gaine was over both the college and pro scouting.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Unfortunately if the Bills continue the upward trend, this is what happens to good teams, especially those that are well run. It’s part of the sustainability issue of success (which I’m not saying the Bills have found yet) and why the Bills need to continue to develop young FO talent - as much as they do Coaching and player talent.

Our FO is stacked...potentially the most talent top to bottom in the NFL

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

What he meant to say he could really screw Bills on waiver wire.

Better luck next time, Lil Doug.

Great sign for the organization we are developing.  I hope we go outside for this one, given some of the talent on the market.

11 hours ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Great sign for the organization we are developing.  I hope we go outside for this one, given some of the talent on the market.

They have a few people that are strong candidates already at OBD. 

Since the Bills interviewed him for GM last year and managed to bring him in as essentially  Beane’s assistant, I figured he would  not be here long. I’m sure Beane knew that too. Looks like he was trying to get away from Rick Smith. 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They have a few people that are strong candidates already at OBD. 

Strong candidates, but I see better in the market right now.

Just now, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Strong candidates, but I see better in the market right now.

Like who?

14 hours ago, Chadwick Bay Chad said:

My source broke this story last week more to follow him to Houston 

You didn't post anything about this. You do realize there is a search feature on this site. We can easily fact check you. 

29 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Doug Whaley should replace Gaine.  He was actually really good at finding talent. 

Nawgannahappen

On 1/10/2018 at 6:48 PM, Chadwick Bay Chad said:

My source broke this story last week more to follow him to Houston   Mike tice coming to buffalo as offensive line coach 

Bump

Chad--I love you man, but you need to learn to qualify your insider information. You posted in this and in another thread that Tice to Buffalo was a done deal.  No qualifier -- just the assertion it was a done deal. 

Take the two seconds to really think about what you are posting.  Is it fact? Is it what your source is hearing? Is it in process? and then use the correct qualifier.  I really have no doubt you have some information that could be compelling and interesting -- but you go over the top.  I can only speak for me--but I would not criticize you if you qualified stuff.

I can see you have long ago worn out your welcome with some folks--and that's fine...just be cautious.....become a regular poster with the goal of contributing in a good way to this great community of Bills lovers.

Edited by JoeF

Will he take anyone with him?

Terrance Gray?

Lake Dawson?

So damn I was really loving what we had built in the front office. I really wish McD was jerk and told Houston "hell nah" but oh well. My question for you guys was wondering if you think he did anything for us at all while here. He had a year so had to be working during that time. I wonder if he visited any games and what he scouted. Also now do we keep his notes and tell him he cant pursue his grading. Will what happened with Carolina happen to us because of Gaine leaving and knowing what we are doing this just blows.

we will look back on this in 17 yrs and we will know when the drought v2.0 started

• Sad 1