Cleveland Browns - Will they go 0-16?

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Sorry thought it was clear.  Instead of Sexy Rexy, so I thought Hue had potential when we were HC shopping, January 2015.  Are you being rhetorical there?

Rumor had it Hue was Whaley's top candidate, and negotiations were underway to try to persuade Schwartz to stay as DC since he wasn't drawing HC interviews.

In hindsight, DD didn't confirm those rumors so IDK. 

Hue did a good job as Gruden's replacement for the Bengal's OC, and certainly their offense tanked after he left.  Joe Thomas durn near came out and said the Browns talent cupboard has been stripped bare the last 2 years and he doesn't think Jackson is to blame for the Browns results.

OTOH Yolo (and I guess you) think he's done badly.  Can you give a few specific examples you feel point to poor coaching?

I don't watch the Browns enough to have a personal view, but Jackson wouldn't be the first HC to plough up with the Browns then do well if he gets another shot.

26 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Sounds like a media campaign by Hue to get rid of Sashi?

Joe Thomas more or less said Hue was leading a successful two-year tank campaign, and who knows who was behind the shedding of vet QB

But yes, I'll take the leaks and backbiting as evidence of "not a good HC".

Who cares what Joe Thomas says?     As yolo pointed out (and as I linked previously), Jackson botched the QB position since he walked in the door.  And what team has had more high draft picks the past 2 years to build with? Of course Jackson is also responsible for the Browns "cupboard", such as it is now.  Plus he lets his media links (Silver) throw shade away from him and towards others.

Specific examples of poor coaching?  What else do you need other than 1-15 and 0-15 in consecutive seasons.  It's almost impossible in today's NFL (especially in that division) not to win more than a single game in 2 YEARS!!

Edited by Mr. WEO

3 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

They are a better head coach and QB away from being a threat to make the playoffs.  Kinda hypocritical to make fun of the Browns as Bills fans 

What does projecting their record this year to either 1-15 or 0-16 considering they sit at 0-15...have to do the Bills? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What does projecting their record this year to either 1-15 or 0-16 considering they sit at 0-15...have to do the Bills? 

On its own nothing at all.  Both franchises have had similar struggles over the years.  Just not cool in my humble opinion for Bills fans to act superior generally speaking.  

6 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

On its own nothing at all.  Both franchises have had similar struggles over the years.  Just not cool in my humble opinion for Bills fans to act superior generally speaking.  

I don’t see anything hypocritical about criticizing any other team regardless of which team one is a fan of. Each team is independent of each other and it makes no difference if one is a pats fan, Bears fan or Bills fan to point out that a HC has layers of suckitude or a record is unfathomable. Jmo.

• Like (+1) 1

On December 29, 2017 at 1:50 PM, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

BTW, some funny comments from the readers of the Wall Street Journal on today's article about them (behind a paywall).

"My favorite Browns stat. The quarterback with the most wins in Cleveland since 1999 is Ben Roethlisberger with 11."

"The coach can say he kept his word.  He had promised that they wouldn't go 1-15 again this year."

"It's too bad the Browns couldn't get a coach like Belichick to turn things around."

"Antonio Cromartie has more children (14) than the Browns have wins the past 5 seasons (11)."

That's not really funny.

I think the same can be said of most wins in Buffalo by Brady!

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I'm sure to average NFL fan across the nation, there is no discernible difference between the Cleveland Browns and the Buffalo Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

To all the fans who complain about not wanting another 8-8 team I encourage you to become a browns fan. Every year you get the number one pick!  Right guys!? That’s how you build a winner!!

Sometimes you get 2 or 3!....for almost like 6 years....straight....BUT they are a QB and a HC away guys! SO much better than the Bills!

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Who cares what Joe Thomas says?     As yolo pointed out (and as I linked previously), Jackson botched the QB position since he walked in the door.  And what team has had more high draft picks the past 2 years to build with? Of course Jackson is also responsible for the Browns "cupboard", such as it is now.  Plus he lets his media links (Silver) throw shade away from him and towards others.

Specific examples of poor coaching?  What else do you need other than 1-15 and 0-15 in consecutive seasons.  It's almost impossible in today's NFL (especially in that division) not to win more than a single game in 2 YEARS!!

Well, one argument would be, since he's achieved something "almost impossible" it must have been intentional, and involved skill.  Certainly if the Bills intention was to tank, we've sucked at tanking.

But I accept YOLO's evidence of media shade thrown at others.  That's unnecessary even if the goal was to tank wholeheartedly, and very poor people-skills.

Well...I picked Browns to win in my pool today.....I know i am crazy but had to do it.

Would serve Steelers right for the idiocy to rest Ben and Bell and then lose, while Pats lose to Jets, so Pitt misses out on home field.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, one argument would be, since he's achieved something "almost impossible" it must have been intentional, and involved skill.  Certainly if the Bills intention was to tank, we've sucked at tanking.

But I accept YOLO's evidence of media shade thrown at others.  That's unnecessary even if the goal was to tank wholeheartedly, and very poor people-skills.

If the front office would get out of Hue's way they would be much better.

He wanted Grappolo at any cost.

1 hour ago, cba fan said:

Well...I picked Browns to win in my pool today.....I know i am crazy but had to do it.

Would serve Steelers right for the idiocy to rest Ben and Bell and then lose, while Pats lose to Jets, so Pitt misses out on home field.

If the front office would get out of Hue's way they would be much better.

He wanted Grappolo at any cost.

....and Jimmy threatened to use the cyanide capsule..........hell, I would............

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1