The lone Bengal: Ex-Cincy WR Brandon Tate says his former team is prepped to help Bills on Sunday

3 hours ago, BuffaloFootballBeat said:

Sorry guys, looks like I can't post my stuff here. If rules change, please consider letting me know. I'm not backed by much and I'm trying to get my stuff out there while working my ass off. 

I liked your write up.  Maybe consider submitting your articles through the link at the bottom of the TBD main page.  In the meantime, are you on Twitter?  That might be qa good way to get your work read if you are unable to do it via TBD.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Also, Tate can help the Bills by kneeling on every touchback.  He's averaging only 19 yards a return--and almost all come out of the EZ.

For the love of everything holy, YES!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

SDS. Appreciate you protecting the site from commercial use.  On the other hand, is there any process for these guys to get on the main "news" page.  The Buffalo News has basically paywall blocked everyone.  There is a dearth of Bills news out there now.  

We rarely would post a link to random guy on random site unless there was something particular about their content. Opinion pieces on the Bills? Not so unique. 

Just from the complaints in this thread - I would say this isn’t a writer we would seek out. 

As for others, they typically should have journalism/English degrees, access to the team and hopefully extensive knowledge from playing. Maybe stats/analytical background if that is the flavor of the piece. 

Why don't you just create a separate section for beat writer such as this? That way people that are interested, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, could have access to it. I for one would enjoy reading some articles from someone other than the big annoying ones like Sullivan, Rodak, etc... Yes, I could just go to their sites, but you can't interact with the writer like you can in a forum. Plus, it would be a nice sounding board for fans to possibly get a question we have actually voiced at a presser.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Why don't you just create a separate section for beat writer such as this? That way people that are interested, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, could have access to it. I for one would enjoy reading some articles from someone other than the big annoying ones like Sullivan, Rodak, etc... Yes, I could just go to their sites, but you can't interact with the writer like you can in a forum. Plus, it would be a nice sounding board for fans to possibly get a question we have actually voiced at a presser.

SDS ain't in the bidness of paying for other writer's monetary platforms. Let's all take a step back and understand how the world works.

Also, this is a bad click bait article, without even the decency to make it look presentable. I'd like to see less of this kinda stuff, even better, none at all.

Edited by jmc12290

1 hour ago, Herc11 said:

You do know that request comes at a cost of someone’s time right? It doesn’t just appear. We can’t get people to go to Page 2, let alone another section of the site for amateur writers who don’t bother spellchecking their work. 

Amateurs who don’t know how to write well are a ginormous distraction because many people can’t get past all the errors and they will just hammer them for those errors. Look no further than this thread. This will happen every single time and does not result in quality conversation. 

Writing is easy. Writing well is hard. It’s an actual profession that many seem to forget. 

On 12/29/2017 at 2:04 PM, SDS said:

And there it is folks! The same post that every single other advertiser ends with... It's me - not them. :rolleyes:

You see, when I said you didn't join in good faith - you just confirmed you didn't. You aren't at all interested in our long-standing rules or what the guidelines are to be a contributing member here. You have ZERO interest in us, except for producing clicks for your website. You are offended by our rules because you don't financially benefit from them... which... wait for it... 

Is exactly why we have them in the first place.

Go away until you stop expecting the world to give you things.

Thank you SDS.  I think you are pretty spot with that.  Maybe he can reach some sort of agreement to advertise with TBD to drive traffic