Year End Awards TBD style

Kirby Jackson

It would be really fun to an end of the season awards (via poll). I don’t want to be in charge so don’t take this as a volunteer offer to organize it. It would be fun to nominate posters and posts for a variety of categories.

I was thinking:

- Best Poster

- Most Knowledgable Poster 

- Most Important Poster (the person that brings the most to the board besides SDS)

- Best Prediction

- Hottest Take

- Worst Prediction

- Funniest Poster

- Funniest Post

- Best Newcomer

- Best Feud

- Topic of the Year

- Most Courteous Poster

- SDS Legacy Award (based on quality, longevity, and overall contributions)

Obviously, this is all up for discussion. It’s just a concept at the moment. I just thought it would be a fun close to the year.

Thoughts/Volunteers? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dlonce said:

Might be tough this year to pick winners with all the influx of posters from the Bills board.

They do this on another board, and it’s fun,as long as the people getting tagged as bad posters have a sense of humor.

Good idea

That’s the hard part. At the same time hopefully it will be civil. We can even name the topics “ The @Buffalo BarbarianJohn Skelton for Mario Williams Hot Take of the Year.”    

I don't know about all of that, but I'll say this. I came over from the BBMB. I never really posted over there, just used it to pick up news/rumors, etc., and to get people's (other than the "experts") take on the team. 

I love it over here, and spend a lot of time on these boards every day, if not posting, just browsing and staying up on what's going on.

• Like (+1) 4

I’ve had “feuds” with a number of posters.  Some I am very / can be very friendly with.  

The others I gave up hope and put them on ignore (some of whom are now banned). 

Some members feuds also appear to be real when they may not be.   

Tough call on that one.  

P.S.   is it a feud when you call a liar a liar?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I’ve had “feuds” with a number of posters.  Some I am very / can be very friendly with.  

The others I gave up hope and put them on ignore (some of whom are now banned). 

Some members feuds also appear to be real when they may not be.   

Tough call on that one.  

P.S.   is it a feud when you call a liar a liar?

I don't know but you would be a leading candidate for most frequent poster!

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It would be really fun to an end of the season awards (via poll). I don’t want to be in charge so don’t take this as a volunteer offer to organize it. It would be fun to nominate posters and posts for a variety of categories.

I was thinking:

- Best Poster

- Most Knowledgable Poster 

- Most Important Poster (the person that brings the most to the board besides SDS)

- Best Prediction

- Hottest Take

- Worst Prediction

- Funniest Poster

- Funniest Post

- Best Newcomer

- Best Feud

- Topic of the Year

- Most Courteous Poster

- SDS Legacy Award (based on quality, longevity, and overall contributions)

Obviously, this is all up for discussion. It’s just a concept at the moment. I just thought it would be a fun close to the year.

Thoughts/Volunteers? 

I think it's a great idea

The only problem I could see is that many of the award categories would fail to educe any type of consensus

Though I'll advocate for JohnC, dave mcbride, and NoSaint for Most Courteous Poster 

In the inaugural rendition, I think all awards should go to DC Tom :lol:

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s the hard part. At the same time hopefully it will be civil. We can even name the topics “ The @Buffalo BarbarianJohn Skelton for Mario Williams Hot Take of the Year.”    

I have a category! The @DC Tom Idiotic Thread of the Year

i vote for the Kyle Orton Wall of Fame thread 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

I don't know about all of that, but I'll say this. I came over from the BBMB. I never really posted over there, just used it to pick up news/rumors, etc., and to get people's (other than the "experts") take on the team. 

I love it over here, and spend a lot of time on these boards every day, if not posting, just browsing and staying up on what's going on.

I had a very similar experience on BBMB. Posted very little. Maybe 25 posts/0 threads started in 5 years. Mostly just read others thoughts and opinions and got my Bills fix. Here I started out the same way but then DD came along and I came out of my shell. LOL

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I think it's a great idea

The only problem I could see is that many of the award categories would fail to educe any type of consensus

Though I'll advocate for JohnC, dave mcbride, and NoSaint for Most Courteous Poster 

In the inaugural rendition, I think all awards should go to DC Tom :lol:

Love the suggestions!! I was thinking @DC Tom and @Jauronimo in the funniest category. They are consistently good and witty.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ha ha, that’s good

Ok I'll throw a few nominations out there...

For Most Important Poster I will say....

26CornerBlitz.  He does so much for this site, and supplies us with so many things that i think we take for granted.  I am very grateful that he's a member of TBD, and this site is better because of him.  I would also say YolofromOhio.  He is also always posting hot new information, breaking news, and contributes to this site to a point that i also forget that he is doing this for all our benefit, and just because he loves the Bills.  He too, makes this site better.

So thank you 26CornerBlitz and YolofromOhio!!   I appreciate all that you do, and thank you sincerely.  Please keep up the excellent work!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Worst Prediction: @saviorpeterman — many options here but kind of have to go with his prediction before the Chargers game that Nathan Peterman was about to launch his career as the Bills new franchise QB

there was also his mid-season prediction that Miami was going to make the playoffs because they were just getting started :lol:

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Worst Prediction: @saviorpeterman — many options here but kind of have to go with his prediction before the Chargers game that Nathan Peterman was about to launch his career as the Bills new franchise QB

Or that Miami was a team to watch out for and would be in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I'm certainly willing to award an Official DC Tom Idiot of the Year Award.(tm)

I'll start accepting nominations.  To nominate, please include the idiot's screen name and a link to some examples of their idiotic work.  Only the truly stupid will be considered...so no trolls (4merper4mer and Tiberius are out).  And banned posters are ineligible, just because !@#$ 'em.

• Haha (+1) 3

The Kyle Orton Wall thread and the 4-12 prediction call out thread are pretty classic.

I would give Transplant the player loyalty love affair trophy for all his TT threads. The guy does his research and can def sway some.

Add on:

Dunkirk Don needs to be up there for hot takes of the year

BigDingus should win with best thread on competent TT breakdown no one can ignore.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, smuvtalker said:

Ok I'll throw a few nominations out there...

For Most Important Poster I will say....

26CornerBlitz.  He does so much for this site, and supplies us with so many things that i think we take for granted.  I am very grateful that he's a member of TBD, and this site is better because of him.  I would also say YolofromOhio.  He is also always posting hot new information, breaking news, and contributes to this site to a point that i also forget that he is doing this for all our benefit, and just because he loves the Bills.  He too, makes this site better.

So thank you 26CornerBlitz and YolofromOhio!!   I appreciate all that you do, and thank you sincerely.  Please keep up the excellent work!!

Agree completely and will add Astro for his college players diligence and Daily Training Camp Updates. I’ll add DC Tom as most colorful. The rest are a crapshoot.

• Like (+1) 1