NY Giants hire Dave Gettleman as GM

YoloinOhio

Gettleman did a solid job building that roster in Carolina. He already has quite a bit of talent on the offensive side of the ball, minus at RB, so I would expect the front 7 to be their focus. The question will be does he keep Eli or go all in on a QB this year, or both?

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Can you imagine the Giants' fans distress if they were to take Roquan Smith (phenomenal LB) instead of a QB??

Also, somewhat to our benefit, the list of potential FA ILB is much better than OLB...so there's that.

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

Gettleman did a solid job building that roster in Carolina. He already has quite a bit of talent on the offensive side of the ball, minus at RB, so I would expect the front 7 to be their focus. The question will be does he keep Eli or go all in on a QB this year, or both?

Still think they need help at OL. Maybe another WR too, not sure status of Brandon Marshall.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

So Gettleman got let go by Jerry Richardson and doesn't take long to find another job.  Wonder if Gentleman "had the goods" on Ricahrdsaon and that is why he was fired..also have to wonder how much if anything McD and Beane know about some of the issues surrounding Richardson's quasi-forced departure.

Richardson used DG to get his cap in order. He brought Hurney( comfort blanket) back, waited for GOP tax plan and now he is selling high.

He doesn’t give a Rats Arse about this scandal.

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

You don't think Shepard, Odell, King, and Engram is enough? 

Seems like a young and talented group.

Engram is a TE, I know they use him as a hybrid but unless the new coaching staff sees it differently they made him a TE after they drafted him. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Engram is a TE, I know they use him as a hybrid but unless the new coaching staff sees it differently they made him a TE after they drafted him. 

Yeah but a guy who is going to eat up targets and can/has lined up outside.

QB, Oline, LB, a real running back. It will be intresting to see how that secondary shakes out. Seems pretty volatile back there but should be a talented group.

Giants need a RB desperately they have not had any balance on that side of the ball for a long time. Giving Eli a run game could definitely extend his career and reduce the hits he's been taking. They have become so one dimensional and have had the talent at WR to do it that one great ala Saquon Barkley immediately changes their complexion and makes them a better team instantly. Hopefully Gettleman sees that and goes that direction.

49 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

So Gettleman got let go by Jerry Richardson and doesn't take long to find another job.  Wonder if Gentleman "had the goods" on Ricahrdsaon and that is why he was fired..also have to wonder how much if anything McD and Beane know about some of the issues surrounding Richardson's quasi-forced departure.

I swear people live in conspiracy land.  I blame Trump.