Sign in to follow this  
26CornerBlitz

Manziel Approved by CFL Commissioner for a 2018 Contract with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats

My sources tell me the CFL stuff  is a ruse. He’s in OP because he’s our secret plan to fix the Bills QB needs. 

I’m going dark now....

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

At least he won't get into trouble in Hamilton. There is absolutely nothing to do there. 

No Dave & Buster’s or Applebees?  

23 minutes ago, Augie said:

My sources tell me the CFL stuff  is a ruse. He’s in OP because he’s our secret plan to fix the Bills QB needs. 

I’m going dark now....

I get it now.

Use all our draft picks to put weapons around him!

Evander Kane is also from Canada...................connecting dots!

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

I get it now.

Use all our draft picks to put weapons around him!

Evander Kane is also from Canada...................connecting dots!

Follow the money.... or, um loonie. 

53 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m going dark now....

Mine have told me that he has matured and has vowed to be "more cultured" by regularly attending the Canadian ballet...

• Haha 1

Eat em' raw, Johnny!:thumbsup:

Will be interesting to see if he can deal with being a reserve for a season or more if need be.........Hamilton isn't very good and needs the help but it often takes a while for QB's from the US to catch on to the CFL game.   

7 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

We sent him there to make up for Bieber...

There is no way to make up for Bieber.  It is like trying to pay back Mexico for sticking us with Texas.

7 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

Mine have told me that he has matured and has vowed to be "more cultured" by regularly attending the Canadian ballet...

Toronto has the only real ballet and Montreal the best alternative type of ballet.

15 hours ago, OJABBA said:

What took him so long to get to the CFL?

They were aware that he had a substance abuse problem and needed treatment.

He completed the rehab so the Cats wanted him right then.

Last fall the team reached out to the commish and Johnny and the commish said i want to see him go another 6 months without trouble before you can have him.

Not sure why anyone would pound on a guy that decided to get help for his addictions? He turned the page..hopefully he stays the course and slings it again.

Does anyone know how much the average CFL QB is paid?  I do wish Johnny well ... he was just plain fun to watch at A&M.

Interesting though that Johnny will likely replace this guy:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Masoli.  The Tiger Cats have been down this road before --

"On the morning of January 24, 2010, a member of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon house returned home and witnessed Masoli and teammate Garrett Embry leaving an area of the house near his room. When he realized a projector and two laptop computers were missing he took chase. The victim chased down Embry, who returned the projector and subsequently reported the incident to Eugene police. Police interviewed Masoli the next day, where he said he was not at the fraternity house. On March 12, 2010, Masoli pleaded guilty to second-degree burglary before Lane County Circuit Judge Maurice Merten, who sentenced Masoli to one year probation and 140 hours of community service. As part of the plea agreement, this charge was later reduced to a misdemeanor.[38] Oregon head coach Chip Kelly immediately suspended Masoli for the 2010 football season, his senior year, but allowed him to remain on the team (he still had a redshirt season available).[39]

On June 7, 2010, Masoli was pulled over by Springfield police for a traffic violation. After inspection Masoli was cited for driving with a suspended license, failure to stop, and possession of one ounce or less of marijuana. Two days later he was dismissed from the team for "failure to adhere to obligations previously outlined".[40] Masoli later entered guilty pleas to both the marijuana and failure to stop charges (both non-criminal violations in Oregon).[41]"

On 12/28/2017 at 12:06 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Guess mom and dad cut him off and he needs to go make some money

Good luck Manziel....but Hamilton...ouch....kinda rough town there but good luck......

On 1/4/2018 at 12:07 AM, The Frankish Reich said:

Does anyone know how much the average CFL QB is paid?  I do wish Johnny well ... he was just plain fun to watch at A&M.

Interesting though that Johnny will likely replace this guy:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Masoli.  The Tiger Cats have been down this road before --

"On the morning of January 24, 2010, a member of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon house returned home and witnessed Masoli and teammate Garrett Embry leaving an area of the house near his room. When he realized a projector and two laptop computers were missing he took chase. The victim chased down Embry, who returned the projector and subsequently reported the incident to Eugene police. Police interviewed Masoli the next day, where he said he was not at the fraternity house. On March 12, 2010, Masoli pleaded guilty to second-degree burglary before Lane County Circuit Judge Maurice Merten, who sentenced Masoli to one year probation and 140 hours of community service. As part of the plea agreement, this charge was later reduced to a misdemeanor.[38] Oregon head coach Chip Kelly immediately suspended Masoli for the 2010 football season, his senior year, but allowed him to remain on the team (he still had a redshirt season available).[39]

On June 7, 2010, Masoli was pulled over by Springfield police for a traffic violation. After inspection Masoli was cited for driving with a suspended license, failure to stop, and possession of one ounce or less of marijuana. Two days later he was dismissed from the team for "failure to adhere to obligations previously outlined".[40] Masoli later entered guilty pleas to both the marijuana and failure to stop charges (both non-criminal violations in Oregon).[41]"

Not much at all compared to the NFL......average QB i thinking would make up to $250K.....average for a regular player is much lower......

On 2018-01-03 at 11:41 PM, Misterbluesky said:

Not sure why anyone would pound on a guy that decided to get help for his addictions? He turned the page..hopefully he stays the course and slings it again.

Cause he has behaved like a total dick his entire time in the spotlight??

1 hour ago, JPP said:

Good luck Manziel....but Hamilton...ouch....kinda rough town there but good luck......

Not much at all compared to the NFL......average QB i thinking would make up to $250K.....average for a regular player is much lower......

Thanks for the info. I don't imagine 250K - particularly in Canadian dollars - will buy enough coke to keep him satisfied. I'm not sure right now if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Thanks for the info. I don't imagine 250K - particularly in Canadian dollars - will buy enough coke to keep him satisfied. I'm not sure right now if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

oh in Hamilton likely can get on just about every block at a bargain reduced price!