Manziel Approved by CFL Commissioner for a 2018 Contract with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats

26CornerBlitz

Does anyone know how much the average CFL QB is paid?  I do wish Johnny well ... he was just plain fun to watch at A&M.

Interesting though that Johnny will likely replace this guy:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Masoli.  The Tiger Cats have been down this road before --

"On the morning of January 24, 2010, a member of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon house returned home and witnessed Masoli and teammate Garrett Embry leaving an area of the house near his room. When he realized a projector and two laptop computers were missing he took chase. The victim chased down Embry, who returned the projector and subsequently reported the incident to Eugene police. Police interviewed Masoli the next day, where he said he was not at the fraternity house. On March 12, 2010, Masoli pleaded guilty to second-degree burglary before Lane County Circuit Judge Maurice Merten, who sentenced Masoli to one year probation and 140 hours of community service. As part of the plea agreement, this charge was later reduced to a misdemeanor.[38] Oregon head coach Chip Kelly immediately suspended Masoli for the 2010 football season, his senior year, but allowed him to remain on the team (he still had a redshirt season available).[39]

On June 7, 2010, Masoli was pulled over by Springfield police for a traffic violation. After inspection Masoli was cited for driving with a suspended license, failure to stop, and possession of one ounce or less of marijuana. Two days later he was dismissed from the team for "failure to adhere to obligations previously outlined".[40] Masoli later entered guilty pleas to both the marijuana and failure to stop charges (both non-criminal violations in Oregon).[41]"

Good luck Manziel....but Hamilton...ouch....kinda rough town there but good luck......

On 1/4/2018 at 12:07 AM, The Frankish Reich said:

Does anyone know how much the average CFL QB is paid?  I do wish Johnny well ... he was just plain fun to watch at A&M.

Interesting though that Johnny will likely replace this guy:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Masoli.  The Tiger Cats have been down this road before --

"On the morning of January 24, 2010, a member of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon house returned home and witnessed Masoli and teammate Garrett Embry leaving an area of the house near his room. When he realized a projector and two laptop computers were missing he took chase. The victim chased down Embry, who returned the projector and subsequently reported the incident to Eugene police. Police interviewed Masoli the next day, where he said he was not at the fraternity house. On March 12, 2010, Masoli pleaded guilty to second-degree burglary before Lane County Circuit Judge Maurice Merten, who sentenced Masoli to one year probation and 140 hours of community service. As part of the plea agreement, this charge was later reduced to a misdemeanor.[38] Oregon head coach Chip Kelly immediately suspended Masoli for the 2010 football season, his senior year, but allowed him to remain on the team (he still had a redshirt season available).[39]

On June 7, 2010, Masoli was pulled over by Springfield police for a traffic violation. After inspection Masoli was cited for driving with a suspended license, failure to stop, and possession of one ounce or less of marijuana. Two days later he was dismissed from the team for "failure to adhere to obligations previously outlined".[40] Masoli later entered guilty pleas to both the marijuana and failure to stop charges (both non-criminal violations in Oregon).[41]"

Not much at all compared to the NFL......average QB i thinking would make up to $250K.....average for a regular player is much lower......

On 2018-01-03 at 11:41 PM, Misterbluesky said:

Not sure why anyone would pound on a guy that decided to get help for his addictions? He turned the page..hopefully he stays the course and slings it again.

Cause he has behaved like a total dick his entire time in the spotlight??

1 hour ago, JPP said:

Good luck Manziel....but Hamilton...ouch....kinda rough town there but good luck......

Not much at all compared to the NFL......average QB i thinking would make up to $250K.....average for a regular player is much lower......

Thanks for the info. I don't imagine 250K - particularly in Canadian dollars - will buy enough coke to keep him satisfied. I'm not sure right now if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Thanks for the info. I don't imagine 250K - particularly in Canadian dollars - will buy enough coke to keep him satisfied. I'm not sure right now if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

oh in Hamilton likely can get on just about every block at a bargain reduced price!

I think that Manziel has a chance in the CFL to find a Flutie like redemption but the big IF here is whether his attitude has changed. Has that huge ego been taken down a notch after not playing for 2 years and nobody in the NFL showing the slightest interest?  Unlike Flutie, Manziel is his own worst enemy and his complete lack of self discipline/ dbaggery is just a few drinks away. If he hasn't grown out of this tendency then sooner or later the bad Manziel will return. If this happens he will find the CFL beneath him and too "minor league" for his lofty talent and the resulting implosion/explosion will be spectacular.  Now if by some miracle the last 2 years have chastened Johnny Football and he now sees the error of his ways, he could do really well in the CFL. The big field, pass happy offenses and defensive linemen that are more normal sized humans will all do wonders for his style of QB. Should be interesting to watch either way.

On 2018-01-12 at 7:31 PM, Livinginthepast said:

I think that Manziel has a chance in the CFL to find a Flutie like redemption but the big IF here is whether his attitude has changed. Has that huge ego been taken down a notch after not playing for 2 years and nobody in the NFL showing the slightest interest?  Unlike Flutie, Manziel is his own worst enemy and his complete lack of self discipline/ dbaggery is just a few drinks away. If he hasn't grown out of this tendency then sooner or later the bad Manziel will return. If this happens he will find the CFL beneath him and too "minor league" for his lofty talent and the resulting implosion/explosion will be spectacular.  Now if by some miracle the last 2 years have chastened Johnny Football and he now sees the error of his ways, he could do really well in the CFL. The big field, pass happy offenses and defensive linemen that are more normal sized humans will all do wonders for his style of QB. Should be interesting to watch either way.

Flutie walked into the CFL a cant miss with his game. He was 80 percent a good NFL QB so he was way ahead of moneyman

On 12/28/2017 at 2:18 PM, jaybee said:

Absolutely.  In a league as boring as the NFL has gotten how could one not want to watch this kid ?  People said the same about Flutie, and Fran Tarkenton before him.  Hell I hope he is successful and ends up in the NFL.  Put some "zip" back in watching the abortion the NFL has become.  

But then, I guess being a negative nellie know-it-all is what this site is all about....and I should just "fit in" and say he sux because I said so.  LOL !  

Go Johnny Football.  Give us a reason to stay awake while watching football.  He's probably better than any QB currently on our roster...when sober.

He's not better than Tyrod.

I liked him in college, and I hope he gets it together. But he's shown he's not a spectacular human being and isn't someone I'd care to rally behind. I don't wish him success.

So juxtapose your view of him vs Kaepernick. A lot of odd values people hold on here.

20 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I liked him in college, and I hope he gets it together. But he's shown he's not a spectacular human being and isn't someone I'd care to rally behind. I don't wish him success.

This sentence is contradictory in and of itself.  Oh, and I dont too excited about the opinions on a football chat board, nor should anyone.