Chiefs to Start Mahomes in Week 17

26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

You were just as high if not higher on Bortles though.

Coming out of college I had every reason to be. Bortles is my “first miss.” But I don’t think I missed badly. I know his team is defense and running but he is the QB of a 10-5 team so he’s not a dumpster fire like EJ. 

And I’d take Bortles over Taylor any day. 

On 12/27/2017 at 1:32 PM, BigDingus said:

Awesome. Hope he does well.

At least they don't have a dumb owner who will then turn around and decide to start him for the playoffs if he has a good game....benching the starter that lead them to the playoffs in the first place.

No...This is not Doug Flutie/Rob Johnson all over again. Nobody is that stupid.

RJ had the game won. All we had to do is cover a kickoff. 

1 hour ago, bmur66 said:

I predict there will be several years of me yelling at the tv saying the Bills should have drafted Mahomes. Just like I do about Russell Wilson.

Or he has a Peterman implosion. We'll see. I thought then and do know Mahomes needs a few years before starting. I hope he does well enough that they'll let Smith go so we could signed him as a bridge to the QB we draft this year.

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Coming out of college I had every reason to be. Bortles is my “first miss.” But I don’t think I missed badly. I know his team is defense and running but he is the QB of a 10-5 team so he’s not a dumpster fire like EJ. 

And I’d take Bortles over Taylor any day. 

Wasn't trying to knock you really.  Definitely better than EJ.  Taylor and Bortles to me are in the same tier.

16 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Wasn't trying to knock you really.  Definitely better than EJ.  Taylor and Bortles to me are in the same tier.

To me their not and the reason is why people argue Taylor’s better or the reason you could argue Bortles is better. 

Bortles isnt scared to throw throw and Taylor is. That’s why I’d prefer Bortles. If we go down, let’s go down swinging. 

How is many times has Tyrod not thrown the ball past the sticks on plays he’s needed to throw the ball no matter what? He’s as maddening as Trent and I hate him for it. He doesn’t give our receivers a chance and I hate him. 

18 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

To me their not and the reason is why people argue Taylor’s better or the reason you could argue Bortles is better. 

Bortles isnt scared to throw throw and Taylor is. That’s why I’d prefer Bortles. If we go down, let’s go down swinging. 

How is many times has Tyrod not thrown the ball past the sticks on plays he’s needed to throw the ball no matter what? He’s as maddening as Trent and I hate him for it. He doesn’t give our receivers a chance and I hate him. 

I think they are the same tier.  Sure Bortles may throw the ball more but he also turns it over more.  If you break down their stats they are the same results based QB just doing things in different ways.

Bortles 265 overall yards per game 1.6 TDs per game (passing and rushing) 1.23 Turnovers per game (Ints and Fumbles)

Taylor 237 overall yards per game 1.5 TDs per game (passing and rushing) 0.6 Turnovers per game (Ints and Fumbles)

So one guy gets about 30 more yards per game (passing + rushing included), pretty much the same amount of TDs per game (passing and rushing), the only difference is one guy has half of the turnovers per game.  Yeah, it might be exciting seeing more yards in the air but at the end of the day they are pretty much identical in results.  Same yards, same TDs, but Tyrod hurts the team a lot less.

My conclusion is we would get the same results of needing a better QB regardless of which QB was on this team.

Although I do agree with you on this... If we are going to go down... go down swinging.  

Edited by Scott7975

14 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I think they are the same tier.  Sure Bortles may throw the ball more but he also turns it over more.  If you break down their stats they are the same results based QB just doing things in different ways.

Bortles 265 overall yards per game 1.6 TDs per game (passing and rushing) 1.23 Turnovers per game (Ints and Fumbles)

Taylor 237 overall yards per game 1.5 TDs per game (passing and rushing) 0.6 Turnovers per game (Ints and Fumbles)

So one guy gets about 30 more yards per game (passing + rushing included), pretty much the same amount of TDs per game (passing and rushing), the only difference is one guy has half of the turnovers per game.  Yeah, it might be exciting seeing more yards in the air but at the end of the day they are pretty much identical in results.  Same yards, same TDs, but Tyrod hurts the team a lot less.

My conclusion is we would get the same results of needing a better QB regardless of which QB was on this team.

Although I do agree with you on this... If we are going to go down... go down swinging.  

Yeah, but let me ask you a question — it’s 4th and long and you NEED your QB to throw it past the sticks, do you trust Taylor or Bortles? To me the answer is the guy that’ll actually throw the ball and that’s Bortles. So I prefer him to Taylor for that reason. He’s not afraid to try and win and Taylor is. 

On 12/28/2017 at 9:10 PM, The_Dude said:

Because that’s how high I was on Mahomes coming out. Dude, I was willing to trade two 1sts, and our 2nd to move up for him if necessary. I think the kids Brett Favre. 

Thats insane for a kid who never took a snap under center and took a 3 step drop

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Thats insane for a kid who never took a snap under center and took a 3 step drop

Oh, I did research first. 

The combine physical found that Mahomes’ hips can bend so he should be fine under center, and his knees checked out too so that three step drop thing should be fine. 

Im not insane — I’m right. 100%. Mahomes will be one of the best QBs in this league. 

4 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Yeah, but let me ask you a question — it’s 4th and long and you NEED your QB to throw it past the sticks, do you trust Taylor or Bortles? To me the answer is the guy that’ll actually throw the ball and that’s Bortles. So I prefer him to Taylor for that reason. He’s not afraid to try and win and Taylor is. 

Maybe maybe not.  I honestly don't watch Bortles all that much so maybe you are right.  On the other hand we all sit here and watch Taylor week in and week out.  We all know he isn't good enough so its easier to say the grass is greener.  You may think that but because we all know he needs replaced you forget about some good that Taylor has done.  There have been many times that Taylor has picked up a first down either by air or some magic with his legs.  Its easily forgotten because people inherently remember the bad more than the good.

3 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Oh, I did research first. 

The combine physical found that Mahomes’ hips can bend so he should be fine under center, and his knees checked out too so that three step drop thing should be fine. 

Im not insane — I’m right. 100%. Mahomes will be one of the best QBs in this league. 

Well you aren't right because he isn't an established vet yet.

and sure he has immense physical talent but so did Ryan leaf and Jamarcus Russell and Brady Quinn and Jimmy Clausen and lots of other busts

he has bad mechanics and came from the most gimmicky college offense of all time

he can bust. He would've went 1st overall if he is as good as you proclaim 

Edited by Buffalo716

33 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well you aren't right because he isn't an established vet yet.

and sure he has immense physical talent but so did Ryan leaf and Jamarcus Russell and Brady Quinn and Jimmy Clausen and lots of other busts

he has bad mechanics and came from the most gimmicky college offense of all time

he can bust. He would've went 1st overall if he is as good as you proclaim 

Im right. 

Do so I realize I could be wrong? Yes. But, I believe in being bold. And I’m positive on Mahomes. Tre White and a 1st won’t makeup for passing on Mahomes. A zone corner and a late first for a franchise QB....I believe that will lead to McDermotts fall if the Bills don’t get a QB this year. 

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

Im right. 

Do so I realize I could be wrong? Yes. But, I believe in being bold. And I’m positive on Mahomes. Tre White and a 1st won’t makeup for passing on Mahomes. A zone corner and a late first for a franchise QB....I believe that will lead to McDermotts fall if the Bills don’t get a QB this year. 

Fair enough 

....anyone see Mahomes play today....?  if you can, take a look.  Be glad you finally made the post season.....enjoy that moment, but when you get a chance to watch Mahomes and see what you passed over......knashing of teeth and weeping is in your future Bills fans.  Thanks for that trade, and congrats on your season from KC.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Zerovotlz said:

....anyone see Mahomes play today....?  if you can, take a look.  Be glad you finally made the post season.....enjoy that moment, but when you get a chance to watch Mahomes and see what you passed over......knashing of teeth and weeping is in your future Bills fans.  Thanks for that trade, and congrats on your season from KC.

One game against a horrible Broncos team in a run-for-the-buses season-ender means nothing. 

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

One game against a horrible Broncos team in a run-for-the-buses season-ender means nothing. 

You are right about that...but it doesn't change that even a blind man can see the incredible talent, special arm, and abiltiy to make plays only a rare few can.  You won't read an account of the performance anywhere that is less than sparkling.  Or, don't take mine or anyone elses word for it...go watch it.  See for yourself.

Edited by Zerovotlz

4 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

You are right about that...but it doesn't change that even a blind man can see the incredible talent, special arm, and abiltiy to make plays only a rare few can.  You won't read an account of the performance anywhere that is less than sparkling.  Or, don't take mine or anyone elses word for it...go watch it.  See for yourself.

I've seen too many one-game, even one-season wonder performances in my time.  Whether I'm lamenting the Bills passin on him or not will take several years to determine.

Mahomes looked shaky.  very much like what we have seen from him in college.  he is a loose cannon that do something dumb at any second.  he thrives when there is a breakdown and he's scrambling around like it's backyard football.  he doesn't look confident in the pocket.  i think the Chiefs will have a down year next year as a result