Bruce Arians Out as Cardinals' HC - Retires from Coaching

26CornerBlitz

8 minutes ago, klos63 said:

What if his ways are successful?

Doesn't happen often.  Bruce Arians offense last year was figured out by some defenses and the offense has squandered since then.  Happens to a bunch of offensive coordinators who don't change their ways.  I don't want an OC who isn't flexible in their playcalling when their philosophy stops working.  Sean Peyton and McDaniels are great playcallers because they are able to change his playcalling based on what the teams strengths are.  The Saints are dominating in the run game now and passing less.  Have to be able to be flexible. 

19 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

damn right he'd be a great OC

......seeing his personality, I think he may directly conflict with McD.....no fact, pure opinion.....Bruce is hardly "subtle".......if he wants to continue as HC, wouldn't surprise me if Irsay cans Pagano and hires Bruce back..........

6 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Doesn't happen often.  Bruce Arians offense last year was figured out by some defenses and the offense has squandered since then.  Happens to a bunch of offensive coordinators who don't change their ways.  I don't want an OC who isn't flexible in their playcalling when their philosophy stops working.  Sean Peyton and McDaniels are great playcallers because they are able to change his playcalling based on what the teams strengths are.  The Saints are dominating in the run game now and passing less.  Have to be able to be flexible. 

Cardinals offense was 9th in the NFL last season, not sure what defenses figured them out. D Johnson was unstoppable. Johnson played barely 1 qtr this season, Palmer missed a lot of time... that's why the offense slowed down this season.

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

......seeing his personality, I think he may directly conflict with McD.....no fact, pure opinion.....Bruce is hardly "subtle".......if he wants to continue as HC, wouldn't surprise me if Irsay cans Pagano and hires Bruce back..........

I believe this was just announced this morning, so we're already on that track.

41 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Honestly, I'd pass on him as the OC.  I'd rather get a young OC in here over another aging OC that is set in his ways.  Especially if we draft a young QB.  Please get some fresh blood in here at that spot.

Hmm, Nate Hackett vs Bruce Arians... Who you taking to develop our young QB?

2 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

I didn't say Hackett.  I like Ken Dorsey and John Defillippo.  They've had experience developing young QBs already.

I can get down with DeFillippo. Wish we could poach Frank Reich somehow, it'd be a lateral move tough, maybe throw in Asst HC?

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

I can get down with DeFillippo. Wish we could poach Frank Reich somehow, it'd be a lateral move tough, maybe throw in Asst HC?

DeFillippo was not a great coordinator first time around. Though he was given Manziel and McCown to work with. 

10 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

I didn't say Hackett.  I like Ken Dorsey and John Defillippo.  They've had experience developing young QBs already.

.....Dorsey may get the nod (doubt Dennison goes though) because of the vaunted "Carolina Connection" but Whisenhutt would be my OC choice...........

I think we could have a legit chance of landing him (or another great OC) this year. We really are the perfect place for an OC to come, with a decent year despite selling off all of our stars (besides Shady). Not to mention we have the cap space amd draft capital to get whatever QB we want, and almost as important, the FO knows we have to get one this year.

I do have a feeling we stick with Dennison, but I want to make a switch. Allowing Tolbert on 2nd and 25 with the game basically on the line was the last straw for me.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

No.

McD all the way.

That's not what I meant

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

IF, and that's a big IF, this is true, Pegula should be ready to make him a big offer to come in as OC, or depending what Arians is looking to do, a low-pressure QB Coach job.

We're about to bring in a new, young QB and we currently have NO ONE on staff that can properly develop him.

Revamping the offensive coaching staff, and investing in people who can support and develop our young QB should be high on the list of priorities for Pegula and Co.

If he's going to step down as HC, why would he become a QB coach?

2 hours ago, nucci said:

If he's going to step down as HC, why would he become a QB coach?

Much easier job, less stress and pressure on someone who has had health issues, and Pegula willing to pay good money. hence "step down" :thumbsup:

It's a pipe dream, but if he does leave AZ the Bills should at least call him.