Bruce Arians Out as Cardinals' HC - Retires from Coaching

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's a phenomenon that simply cannot be explained. 

This is why the never ending OC vs QB debate drives me absolutely nuts

Has the playcalling in SF gotten magically better or is it something else?

Has the playcalling in Philly gotten that much worse lately, or is it something else?

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, ganesh said:

He also had Big Ben and Andrew Luck as his QB

True he did but both were rookies when he worked with them, Luck hasn't been the same QB without him and Ben is a future HOFer but Arian's imo was instrumental in Bens success when he was younger and worked to all of his strengths. 

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel

27 minutes ago, Clemfield2622 said:

This is why the never ending OC vs QB debate drives me absolutely nuts

Has the playcalling in SF gotten magically better or is it something else?

Has the playcalling in Philly gotten that much worse lately, or is it something else?

+1

QB's make OC's look good far far more than the reverse.

If he's willing to accept an OC position, He'd be a great upgrade over Rick Dennison here. Of course he'd need a QB he can get the most out of even if we have to draft one and also get Alex Smith from the Chiefs.  Say what you want about him but he's won games everywhere he's been, and the teams he's played for have won divisions and makes it to the playoffs

1 hour ago, Clemfield2622 said:

it's weird how coaches are good when they have competent QB play, and bad when they dont.....

And it is also weird how a talented coach can get more than adequate play out of otherwise mediocre QBs by tailoring the O to whatever talent the QB has. 

• Like (+1) 1

If he is out in Arizona, be it his choice - a mutual agreement - or straight firing, he will be in demand and I don't think he comes to Buffalo regardless unless he's given an element of control other places won't permit (also presuming he's not interested or others aren't interested in making him a HC). Arians did a lot with a little and made the Cardinals legit contenders in his first year, then the QB plague hit and injuries and derailed their future. 

ESPN's Dianna Russini reports Cardinals coach Bruce Arians does not plan to step down after the season.

ESPN's Josh Weinfuss adds a Pro Football Weekly report saying the two sides will "agree to part ways" after the season is "100 percent not true." Weinfuss does add the decision will be Arians' to make, leaving open the possibility the coach decides to walk. We should know who is right by this time next week. Arians is 48-30-1 in five seasons with the Cardinals including a trip to the NFC Championship Game in 2015.
Dec 26 - 11:40 AM

3 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

He did pretty well with the corpse of Carson Palmer playing QB, but I would still be on the fence about making him OC over here. I want young blood!

With a new HC coming in, Arizona could be another team looking for a new QB in the offseason.

Palmer will be 37 years old and his current contract is on it's last year.

Only 6 million in dead money.  Even if the Cards keep him this year they need a QB for the future.

I get a feeling that the FA QBs and Draft QBs is going to be in very competitive.

This could really drive up the secondary QBs in this years draft.

IF, and that's a big IF, this is true, Pegula should be ready to make him a big offer to come in as OC, or depending what Arians is looking to do, a low-pressure QB Coach job.

We're about to bring in a new, young QB and we currently have NO ONE on staff that can properly develop him.

Revamping the offensive coaching staff, and investing in people who can support and develop our young QB should be high on the list of priorities for Pegula and Co.

11 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Honestly, I'd pass on him as the OC.  I'd rather get a young OC in here over another aging OC that is set in his ways.  Especially if we draft a young QB.  Please get some fresh blood in here at that spot.

What if his ways are successful?