Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

WHOA WHOA WHOA....black people are eating Cheerios???????

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Maybe that was the best actor for the job and no one else thought the race of a fictional being was so critical to their portrayal of an elf or hobbit?  Maybe you reach a broader audience when your cast isn't 100% white or the bad guys?  Maybe one day I won't have to read the rants of grown men losing their ***** because black people are eating cheerios in a commercial or Captain America is black or a dwarf is black?  Not holding my breath on the last one.  (No one tell Bandito about Hamilton)

Seeing everything through the lens of wokeness (nobody has actually used that term in years) is no way to go through life.  

Edited by The Poojer
  • Haha (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Despicable Me 2 was really fun on HBO.  I think the newest version, Minions 2 will be on Peacock at the end of this month.

Just watched the new minions (Rise of Gru) with the kids the other night.  I think my wife got it from Redbox.  Very funny.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/12/2022 at 9:29 PM, Just Jack said:

We tried to stretch it out, but still finished it in 3 days.  Daniel is his own worst enemy.  

I feel like this season was a bit over the top.  I don't want to get into spoiler territory, but the villain group this season goes a bit too far into fantasy land.  It's still fun, but I don't like just how much was on the line in that final episode.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

I feel like this season was a bit over the top. 

It was.  Daniel really needs a therapist to talk out his anger issues. The scene when he walks up to the guy with the pickup and demands he be given a ride, instead of asking nicely made me cringe.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/14/2022 at 2:31 PM, Nextmanup said:

I just watched "The John Wanye Gacy Tapes" and "Worst Roommate Ever" on Netflix.

Both are worth your time if you enjoy true crime type stuff.

Both very good documentaries.  “I Just Killed My Dad” on Netflix is also very good 👍 

• Thank you (+1) 2

well Im not recommending this to the forum especially. But I have taken to watching columbian soap operas of all things. "Las Munecas de la Mafia". Why is because circa 1975-1976 I was a rotary club foreign exchange student in Oruro Bolivia. I became very fluent in spanish. Which as you can imagine serves me well living here so close to the mexican border They subtitle in english and I sometimes need it. But mostly Im just retraining my ear to how a native speaker speaks. No como una gringa que soy yo. It has brought back a lot of my fluency. The things you pick up in retirement :) 

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Both very good documentaries.  “I Just Killed My Dad” on Netflix is also very good 👍 

I have watched some CREEPY docs on true crime on netflix and other places. I was obsessed with the Charles Manson case. I remember seeing sandra Good on the street corner with an X carved into her forehead on live Tv and thinking WTAF is going on there?

I searched netflix for manson to see if there was any content I had not seen. I Found this movie. Totally unexpected Brilliantly done I thought. That saga from a totally different perspective. Im going to find the title and edit . Worth your time.

Its called Manson Family Vacation. Im just sayin this movie #BRILLIANT

m

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, muppy said:

I have watched some CREEPY docs on true crime on netflix and other places. I was obsessed with the Charles Manson case. I remember seeing sandra Good on the street corner with an X carved into her forehead on live Tv and thinking WTAF is going on there?

I searched netflix for manson to see if there was any content I had not seen. I Found this movie. Totally unexpected Brilliantly done I thought. That saga from a totally different perspective. Im going to find the title and edit . Worth your time.

Its called Manson Family Vacation. Im just sayin this movie #BRILLIANT

m

Read Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi if you haven't already. A fantastic book about the Manson family and trial. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/18/2022 at 3:49 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I remember laughing at his expense when it all happened (mainly bc I hate ND), but watching this made me feel so bad for him.  It ruined his life and also probably cost him millions of dollars.  Interesting watch though.

On 8/18/2022 at 8:12 PM, stuvian said:

I felt very badly for Te'o after watching that. I am surprised no one tried to take out the perpetrator. Manti's life was ruined. I think this doc deserves its own thread .

Certainly the incident was a setback of monumental proportions but his live was not ruined. Don't know if it cost him millions or not, but he did make millions from football and presumably more on the doc. Also has a beautiful wife, daughter, and son on the way. 

8 hours ago, Steve O said:

Certainly the incident was a setback of monumental proportions but his live was not ruined. Don't know if it cost him millions or not, but he did make millions from football and presumably more on the doc. Also has a beautiful wife, daughter, and son on the way. 

He would have made a guaranteed 14-17 million speculating that he may have gone between 15-20.   Before the scandal came out, he was widely considered at top 10 pick.  Glad to hear that he’s doing well and has a lovely family.

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...