Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

9 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Agree with your assessment of Silicon Valley.  I’m just finishing season 4, and while it’s still funny I feel like the series has gone on too long.  I also really like the Asian character.  His prank calls to Eurlich were hilarious, and also the episode where he volunteered to pay for his trip to Tibet and dropped him off at the airport.  Really funny stuff.

I recently say him (Jimmy O. Yang) on an episode of Drunk History and he was pretty good.  Almost seemed like he had a NYC accent which was weird to hear.

He gets better in the next season when he tries to convince people Eurlich is dead

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/10/2018 at 10:59 AM, Deranged Rhino said:

Really on the fence here... first, have some personal reservations about the creative team (I can put those aside, they're mostly petty). Second, while I enjoy JK and think he's talented, he's not Jack Ryan. Third... Michael Bay + Tom Clancy? Not a combination I would expect to fit together. 

That said, it's still a show I'm going to watch the hell out of: 

Full trailer: 

Im with you on the fence.

I think Krasinski has the chops for it (see: A quiet place) but it’ll be hard to see him as Ryan. There’s danger in making Ryan too much like Bond (I thought the Chris Pine version was over the top) but I think JK can make it work. 

The Michael Bay part stretches me some just because he tends to focus on a lot of action and less on story. While I do like this some times (I really enjoy the Last Ship, for instance) I think Ryan is what he is because of the quiet moments of logistical mastery. I hope they capture that. He needs to be an anylyst by trade and a fighter by necessity. 

Also, it’ll be hard to see Ryan outside of the Cold War ethos because I think his character was made for that (Red October is the best Ryan installment).

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have been watching the newest season of Ironfist on Netflix, it's been alright so far. I was confused at the start cause I thought (maybe because I hadn't watched it for a while) that the girl who is Mary/Wagner was Jessica Jones acctress/reporter friend. I also find the one who plays the brother from Rand Industries just has a weird/fake looking face and speaks/acts weird.

I believe the 3rd season of Daredevil comes out today.

I don't know if anyone is watching this on Netflix. People are claiming that it is truly frightening beyond anything they've ever watched. I asked the wife if she wanted to watch it and she said, "Do you want me to ever be able to be alone in this house again?"

https://comicbook.com/horror/2018/10/19/the-haunting-of-hill-house-netflix-reactions-twitter/

5 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I don't know if anyone is watching this on Netflix. People are claiming that it is truly frightening beyond anything they've ever watched. I asked the wife if she wanted to watch it and she said, "Do you want me to ever be able to be alone in this house again?"

https://comicbook.com/horror/2018/10/19/the-haunting-of-hill-house-netflix-reactions-twitter/

Have my last episode tonight to see. this show is fantastic.

If you love a great horror series Haunting of Hill House on Netflix is it.  Easily the best horror series I've seen.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/8/2018 at 9:34 PM, Kelly the Dog said:

There are even some disputes about whether a show like Peaky Blinders is a Netflix show or not, but at least they had something to do with it, rather than just purchasing the licensing for a few months or years like most of the stuff on the service.

Peaky Blinders is a BBC show. Netflix only bought the rights for US distribution (although it does now show it elsewhere) a year after the original series was shown on the Beeb.

Watching The First on Hulu, a near future realistic series of the first attempt at a manned flight to Mars, starring Sean Penn.  The scientific aspects are fascinating, though much of the show is devoted to the astronaut’s personal relationships and how the flight will affect them, which tends to slow the show down. But if you like this genre I’d recommend it.