Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

On 1/10/2023 at 5:54 AM, Teddy KGB said:

Wednesday > Stranger Things ? 

Was way way better than I was expecting.   

Besides both being on Netflix, I don't see a reason to compare them against each other. I really liked both.

I liked season 1 of Stranger Things more than season 1 of Wednesday

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/10/2023 at 12:50 PM, Teddy KGB said:

93 % liked it.     7% didn’t.  

guess you’re a 7 % er 

Fun movie for me, gotta rate on a scale as they don’t make good movies anymore 😂

I liked Knives Out. It's an old fashion drawing room mystery with good characters and nice plot. I was disappointed I settled on the murder long before the end but I appreciated the attempt.  I think Glass Onion is poor imitation. C+ at best. There wasn't much of a mystery and the murderer (again) seemed obvious. Not much of reveal and process to uncover the murderer and overall the story was too contrived.  However, I hope they try again because I like Daniel Craig's character. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not a "game show" fan, but "Taskmaster" out of Britain is great fun.  

It may be a stretch to call it a game show, as it's not taken seriously and it's all for laughs. Five comedians compete to win ludicrous "tasks" judged by the "Taskmaster," Greg Davis.  Since nearly all the tasks are taped, the possibilities are endless (up to season 14). 

Every season is on Youtube. The episodes are 45 minutes and go by fast. Each season you meet five new comedians/actors. Some of the contestants remain in an Andy Kaufman-ish performance art, but sometimes you're not sure. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2023 at 4:51 AM, John from Riverside said:

The last of us on HBO started this weekend. This is must see for all the people like me to love apocalyptic type movies.

I have seen both episodes so far, and am enjoying it...but particularly with this last episode...they need to be very careful not turning this into another "Walking Dead".  

Hopefully it will be a lot more intelligent than that.

If it deteriorates into that sort of thing, I'll quit on it, just as I did with Walking Dead.

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I have seen both episodes so far, and am enjoying it...but particularly with this last episode...they need to be very careful not turning this into another "Walking Dead".  

Hopefully it will be a lot more intelligent than that.

If it deteriorates into that sort of thing, I'll quit on it, just as I did with Walking Dead.

The Walking Dead ran too long. I was a huge fan of it and by the time it got to its final seasons I had lost track of it.

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Has anyone watched the Netflix documentary “The Hatchet Wielding Hitchhiker”??

What a crazy story!

Yup!  It was definitely crazy.  I remembered when that interview of him went Viral but I had no idea about any of the stuff that followed and that he was being poached to be a Reality TV star.  I've been enjoying all of these random Documentaries that have been coming out on Netflix lately.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Special K said:

Has anyone watched the Netflix documentary “The Hatchet Wielding Hitchhiker”??

What a crazy story!

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

Yup!  It was definitely crazy.  I remembered when that interview of him went Viral but I had no idea about any of the stuff that followed and that he was being poached to be a Reality TV star.  I've been enjoying all of these random Documentaries that have been coming out on Netflix lately.

Have not seen it but this sounds interesting!  Will watch and report back!

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/16/2023 at 4:51 AM, John from Riverside said:

The last of us on HBO started this weekend. This is must see for all the people like me to love apocalyptic type movies.

The writing through the first three episodes has been excellent.  The flashback scenes are well done and add a lot of color for a few minutes of screen time.

20 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Have not seen it but this sounds interesting!  Will watch and report back!

OK:  I caught this last night and really enjoyed it.  At the very beginning, when they showed the viral video of Kai, I immediately recognized him!  I have seen that video clip on Youtube before!  But I didn't know the rest of the story; he's an interesting character.  

I wish they had pursued some of the topics raised more deeply.  For example--the old man that he allegedly murdered toward the end of the show--if Kai was the aggressor and taking advantage of a kind, old man, how exactly did they come to be in each other's company?  Why was the victim with him or helping him?  Why did he buy him a ticket?

There is way more there to that story than the doc explores.  

Last comment--that kid has a great head of hair!  He has rock star hair and it looked even better when he cut it toward the end.  The neck/face tattoo wasn't so great.

Thanks for mentioning this; I really enjoy good docs and am always on the lookout for more.

• Like (+1) 1

Last night I watched "Vatican Girl" on Netflix.  4 part documentary about a missing 15 year old girl who lived in the Vatican with her family.  Really interesting and highly recommended!  

It's worth watching just for all the shots of Rome throughout.

• Like (+1) 2

Watched the first 4 episodes of Shrinking on Apple TV this week, and I’ve enjoyed it.  I guess it’s a drama/comedy about a psychiatrist (Jason Segel) whose wife has passed and he starts to resort to “unorthodox” methods with his clients.

Harrison Ford also co-stars and plays and interesting role as colleague/mentor.  Good stuff so far.

• Like (+1) 1