Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

Pepsi Where's My Jet on Netflix was a fun watch, especially if you saw and enjoyed McMillions a few years back. As the name suggests, it's a documentary about a guy who tried to cash in 7 million Pepsi points in the 80s to get a Harrier jump jet as advertised in the Pepsi commercials. I remember hearing about the case but I never knew what happened and how it turned out (although I was pretty sure the guy never got a fighter jet). Really interesting story. Broken into 3 45 minute episodes.

On 11/28/2022 at 4:14 PM, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but White Lotus on HBO MAX is definitely interesting … sort of a dark comedy/mystery with interesting characters and twists and turns … shot at some beautiful locations 

Love this show. 2nd season is great so far.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/28/2022 at 6:19 PM, Logic said:

If anyone has Amazon Prime, I recommend The Wilds. 

Plane crashes on an uninhabited island. Plane full of teenage girls has to co-exist and survive.

Two seasons are available, but very captivating.

Sounds kind of like The Yellow Jackets which was also a pretty good show.

• 2 weeks later...

Emancipation/Will Smith

it is available to watch on apple tv but I have site that I can watch any movie/series I want dating back to the 1920's.

based on a true story. it was damn good imo, very well done. I know some shun smith for his B word slap on chris rock but I don't care anything about that and recommend watching it.

On 12/1/2022 at 5:07 AM, LeGOATski said:

Love this show. 2nd season is great so far.

I think the 2nd season has been effin amazing! I also love you can’t binge it. Makes it more enjoyable and the anticipation is fun for the next episode. I also think the 2nd season has been much better than the 1st and you don’t even have to watch the first and can jump right to season 2. 

I am seriously considering a trip to Sicily after watching this, it looks freeking amazing .

• Agree 1

On 11/24/2022 at 11:08 AM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Watched the first 2 episodes last night.  Brilliant so far.

Im watching the season finale tonight.  

Is it just my TV or is it absolutely impossible to hear what they’re saying.  I have to have the subtitles on. 

The score - which is awesome - is so dam loud.  

On 12/15/2022 at 10:54 AM, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Emancipation/Will Smith

it is available to watch on apple tv but I have site that I can watch any movie/series I want dating back to the 1920's.

based on a true story. it was damn good imo, very well done. I know some shun smith for his B word slap on chris rock but I don't care anything about that and recommend watching it.

more than anything I question the judgement of anyone who writes b word slap 

• Haha (+1) 2

On 12/15/2022 at 9:54 AM, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Emancipation/Will Smith

Pretty good. Scenes in the swamp were awesome. I get what they were trying to do with the green color filter over everything, but I found it annoying after a while.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Pretty good. Scenes in the swamp were awesome. I get what they were trying to do with the green color filter over everything, but I found it annoying after a while.

not to sound ignorant, as I noticed the tint as well but what was it they were trying to do? I agree, the swamp scenes were very cool. I'm actually going to watch it again tomorrow. it's worth a second watch to me.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

12 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

not to sound ignorant, as I noticed the tint as well but what was it they were trying to do? I agree, the swamp scenes were very cool. I'm actually going to watch it again tomorrow. it's worth a second watch to me.

Green is generally used as symbolism for hope, change, rebirth, which are themes that obviously apply to this story, not to mention go along with the swampy environment. Washing out the scenes with the same hue also adds to the harsh feel of the life they were trying to portray. They talk a little about it here: https://www.distractify.com/p/is-emancipation-movie-in-black-and-white

I guess I'd rather have them fill the screen with those colors organically rather than alter it after the fact. The final product was just too dull to look at for me. For comparison, the movie Rescue Dawn comes to mind. Story of a Vietnam pilot escaping prison and being pursued while battling the jungle elements. They filled the scenes with green.

• Like (+1) 1