Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

19 hours ago, Special K said:

If you are looking for some silly laughs, and some old school comedy(we can all use that right about now) give Man Vs. Bee on Netflix a try....had a lot of fun watching it.

Watched it last night.  Mr Bean with dialog, he's so brilliant with that "mime"/physical type comedy 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheCockSportif said:

So, Stranger Things?  This season was so, so good.  It's prolly not for kids, but that's fine.  Let parents parent.  On to the next season, and I can't wait.

It was outstanding and the redhead better win an award of some sort.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

The Bear on Hulu is pretty freaking good.  Great cast, great story line, the music, the frenetic pace will leave you out of breath 😁.   I blinked and I was 8 episodes in.  

Agree. Very difficult show to pull off but it's excellent.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/6/2022 at 3:11 PM, The Poojer said:

The Bear on Hulu is pretty freaking good.  Great cast, great story line, the music, the frenetic pace will leave you out of breath 😁.   I blinked and I was 8 episodes in.  

Agreed, very easy to binge watch. Although, I thought the ending was a bit anti-climactic.

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't know if it qualifies because it's on FX, but I'm watching it on Hulu right now, but The Old Man is SFG!!!

Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow... nuff said

definitely need to watch this

On 7/6/2022 at 2:42 PM, 4merper4mer said:

It was outstanding and the redhead better win an award of some sort.

Yeah, she kinda stole the show

On 6/9/2022 at 8:48 PM, The Poojer said:

2nd episode was much better than the first.  I think the key is separating shoresy from both letterkenny shoresy and Wayne.  He's a completely different character 

Holy crap did Shoresy kill it!  I can't wait until they do another season.  I had zero faith it would stack up against letterkenny.  Turns out it didn't need to, it's a completely stand alone show and incredibly well done.  The season finale was WOW!!!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/6/2022 at 3:11 PM, The Poojer said:

I'm pretty obsessed with this show at the moment. It's so, so good. Well written, well shot, well acted. Just...really good from top to bottom. I hear it's quite anxiety-triggering for folks that spent a lot of years working in restaurants, though.

59 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

Holy crap did Shoresy kill it!  I can't wait until they do another season.  I had zero faith it would stack up against letterkenny.  Turns out it didn't need to, it's a completely stand alone show and incredibly well done.  The season finale was WOW!!!!! 

As a huge Letterkenny fan, I was super excited for Shoresy, but watched the first episode and wasn't too impressed. I suppose I should press on?

1 minute ago, Logic said:

As a huge Letterkenny fan, I was super excited for Shoresy, but watched the first episode and wasn't too impressed. I suppose I should press on?

do it, i wasn't thrilled with e01, it really gets better from there, like a lot better

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

Resident Evil on Netflix is very good so far of you are into that story.

I agree; looking at IMDB and Rotten tomatoes it has gotten some awful reviews,but I am enjoying it.

• Like (+1) 1

I watched "Girl in the Picture" last night.  

While it is a powerful story, I didn't really like it.  The whole thing bummed me out.  I don't think it was a well-constructed documentary though and definitely could have been a tighter package than the 1:50 run time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 11:52 AM, May Day 10 said:

I watched "Girl in the Picture" last night.  

While it is a powerful story, I didn't really like it.  The whole thing bummed me out.  I don't think it was a well-constructed documentary though and definitely could have been a tighter package than the 1:50 run time.

Totally agree with the above.  It was all over the place.

This is going back a while but suggest ‘Dr. Katz Professional Therapist’. Some of Katz’s therapy ‘patients’: Joan Rivers, Ray Romano, Stephen Wright, Dave Chapelle, Julia Louise-Dreyfus, Jeff Goldblum, Mitch Hedberg, David Duchovny, Winona Ryder, Conan O’Brien, & many others. I enjoy the patients but the interaction between Katz, his deadbeat son, his receptionist, and people at the nearby bar are also funny. 20 min/episode for a daily laugh.
You can find the episodes for free on youtube. Hope squiggle-vision does not hamper the enjoyment.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mr Info said:

Severance on Apple+.

Science fiction psychological thriller.

The cast includes John Turturro, Patricia Arquette, and Christopher Walken and has been nominated for 14 Emmys.

Just binged the entire season late last week.  I couldn’t turn it off.  The finale was absolutely incredible.  Very interesting concept, and quite dark at times.  The best show I’ve watched in a while for sure.