Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

Took the wife to see Top Gun Maverick yesterday. I figured it would be an awful sequel 36 years after the original.

I couldn't have been more wrong.

If you get a chance, go see this movie. It was outstanding!

Edited by Beast
  • Agree 1

On 5/31/2022 at 7:46 AM, TheCockSportif said:

Just saw the fourth episode last night, and it gets darker still.  And you're absolutely right about the contrast.

The scene at the end of episode 4 was incredibly well done.  I almost always know where a scene is going.  I was 50/50 there.  No spoilers but I’d like to elaborate.

Edit: I guess it’s not a spoiler to say it was one of the most effective uses of music I’ve ever scene.  

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Just getting started on the new season of Stranger Things...Only watched the first two episodes but so far very good!!

I enjoyed each episode.  My only issue is how divided everyone is.  There are too many groups spread out all over the place.  Everyone loves Hopper, but his portion of the story really doesn't add anything at this point.  Hopefully it ties back in at some point.

Another network show that I'm watching on Hulu.  Flatch, it's pretty damned funny.  I get a corner gas/letterkenny vibe from it, mostly because of the small town aspect of it, stifler is the only actor I recognize, and he's even pretty much a supporting role.  I'm about 6 episodes in and am really enjoying it 

2 hours ago, The Poojer said:

Another network show that I'm watching on Hulu.  Flatch, it's pretty damned funny.  I get a corner gas/letterkenny vibe from it, mostly because of the small town aspect of it, stifler is the only actor I recognize, and he's even pretty much a supporting role.  I'm about 6 episodes in and am really enjoying it 

Watched a handful of episodes. Very funny. Definitely see the Letterkenny vibe crossed with Parks and Rec.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, The Poojer said:

I think that's what they were going for also, an American version.  

Love, Death, & Robots on Netflix. Collection of animated shorts (10-20 minutes each), each done in a different animation style and each more or less related to some combo of love, death, or robot theme. Some are fairly mild, but some are a hard TV-MA. Third collection recently dropped.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Stranger Things is crushing it.  

Atlanta is crushing it 

We own this city crushed it but wish it wasn’t so short of a series.  

Agree on both Stranger Things and We Own This City.  When WOTC first came out I was excited because I thought it was going to be a new series that would be around for awhile and didn't realize until the end that it was just a mini-series.  

28 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Agree on both Stranger Things and We Own This City.  When WOTC first came out I was excited because I thought it was going to be a new series that would be around for awhile and didn't realize until the end that it was just a mini-series.  

Hopefully they can add to it with different stories from Baltimore.   

my guy Wayne Jenkins was a psycho. 

• Like (+1) 1

I started on netfixs' "gods favorite idiot".  It starts Ben falcone and wife Melissa McCarthy, among others.  I'm 5 episodes in and I'm really enjoying it.  Interesting premise, pretty damned funny.  Admittedly, I think Melissa McCarthy is absolutely hilarious, I know others don't.  The episodes are short, there's a lot of humor outside of the 2 marquis stars. 

• Like (+1) 1

This is a warning. I tried watching Tom Swift on CW, just started a few weeks ago.  I had read some of the books when I was a wee lad and enjoyed them.  The show? Very disappointed.  So many plot holes and unanswered questions.  I gave it three episodes hoping it would get better.  I should have stopped at one. 

On 6/9/2022 at 12:16 PM, DD4Bills said:

Love, Death, & Robots on Netflix. Collection of animated shorts (10-20 minutes each), each done in a different animation style and each more or less related to some combo of love, death, or robot theme. Some are fairly mild, but some are a hard TV-MA. Third collection recently dropped.

The first episode of season 1 was great but some of them just feel like a total waste of time.