Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

4 hours ago, TheCockSportif said:

Just saw the fourth episode last night, and it gets darker still.  And you're absolutely right about the contrast.

My wife and I made the mistake of letting our 12 year old son watch the first episode of season 4 with us last night.  He recently watched all of the previous seasons with me and it was okay for him.  We expected it to be about the same.  Boy were we wrong.  They definitely “leveled up” on the scary stuff.  Holy hell. 😳😳

Fair warning, parents.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/24/2022 at 5:47 PM, WhoTom said:

I don't think we've watched a network sitcom since the Seinfeld years, but we started watching Ghosts and so far it's been pretty good.

Not to derail this, but if you havent seen The Office, 30 Rock, Parks & Rec, Community, and The Good Place, you're doing yourself a disservice. :thumbsup:

18 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Not to derail this, but if you havent seen The Office, 30 Rock, Parks & Rec, Community, and The Good Place, you're doing yourself a disservice. :thumbsup:

We watched a few episodes of The Office and Community; neither of us was impressed. I do have Parks and Rec on the Peacock watchlist - we'll give it a go eventually.

16 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

We watched a few episodes of The Office and Community; neither of us was impressed. I do have Parks and Rec on the Peacock watchlist - we'll give it a go eventually.

P&R you can start at Season 3. They completely changed/revamped the show between seasons 2 and 3. It's almost a whole new program.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Can vouch for all ages except the good place.  The rest are awesome!  Never watched any of them live, only repeats on streaming 

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The Office is the only one that holds a candle to Seinfeld in my book.

7 hours ago, LeviF said:

Ewan McGregor with a lightsaber surrounded by mediocre acting and a bad script. It's like he never left!

Saw the first episode and thought it was pretty good. Adult me wants all of the Star Wars content to be grittier, but my expectations for Disney have been appropriately set.....

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Saw the first episode and thought it was pretty good. Adult me wants all of the Star Wars content to be grittier, but my expectations for Disney have been appropriately set.....

We had our corporate sales kickoff at Disney a few years ago, and for one of our group dinners, they said that they were going to serve "food from all over Asia", and I was kind of excited.  Vietnamese?  Thai?  Burmese?  Indian?  I'm all in.  Thing is?  When Disney does this stuff, it's kind of halfassery all the way.  IOW, I hear you about Disney and Star Wars; Disney's Star Wars is like eating Asian cuisine at Disney.

5 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Add Scrubs to that list, but only seasons 1-8.  Don't bother with season 9.  

• Like (+1) 3

On 5/28/2022 at 2:15 PM, LeGOATski said:

Huge fan of Star Wars here,  but I wonder if Disney paused for a second when considering recent events and the tone of the early Obi Wan scenes where Jedi teachers and students are getting shot at... 🙁

It's going to wind up being very vital to the story.  The inquisitors have to come from somewhere.

Edited by shrader

16 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Watched the first two, and it's just meh (which is pretty much as expected). The acting so far ranges from ok, or at least entertaining (Kumail Nanjiani, Ewan, Jimmy Smits) to "Star Wars Standard" (most everyone else) to wtf awful (Third Sister inquisitor). And how come no adult can run as fast as a 10 year old?

Season 1 of the Mandalorian set the bar high, and no Disney+ Star Wars shows since have come close.

I thought Obi Wan was fantastic so far aside from a few bad acting scenes. I watched first 2 episodes of Stranger Things and wow is quite dark compared to other seasons. Better call Saul is incredible and rivals almost any show I've watched. Really looking forward to House of Dragons in August. 

8 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

I can't remember if I suggested this one before but if liked her in Schitt$ Creek, Annie Murphy is on a show on AMC called Kevin Can F*** Himself. It definitely has it's dark moments and love it's take on traditional sitcoms. 

Thanks for reminding me about that show.  I have wanted to check it out 

On 5/31/2022 at 7:57 PM, LeGOATski said:

Kenobi's third episode was great. and gritty. and dark.

• Like (+1) 2

Just starting the Norm McDonald Netflix show.  I'm about 3 minutes in and I'm not sure I can make it the entire show.  I think he was funny AF, but this format of him speaking into a microphone at home isn't working.  Norm's brilliance was in the crowd or interviewers interaction.  This is just him talking into a computer.  I'm gonna try to stick with it, but it's not going to be easy 

On 6/1/2022 at 12:18 PM, DD4Bills said:

Watched the first two, and it's just meh (which is pretty much as expected). The acting so far ranges from ok, or at least entertaining (Kumail Nanjiani, Ewan, Jimmy Smits) to "Star Wars Standard" (most everyone else) to wtf awful (Third Sister inquisitor). And how come no adult can run as fast as a 10 year old?

Season 1 of the Mandalorian set the bar high, and no Disney+ Star Wars shows since have come close.

In all fairness, a constant them running through almost all of the Star Wars movies is terrible dialogue, and poor acting from mostly anonymous actors!  

I sometimes think George Lucas was looking for that "style" so that it would draw more attention to the special effects aspect of the movies.

And yet the movies still rose to be the most successful or wildly popular entertainment property of all time---or at least darned near it.  What is more successful or generally popular than Star Wars?

And yet there's the acting--most of which is terrible.   And the writing is worse.

"Rebel scum."

LOL

Edited by Nextmanup

Just started E1 of apple+ prehistoric earth with David Attenborough and done by Jon favreau.  I would watch Attenborough narrate paint drying. The cinematography and CGI is visually stunning.  I think it's 5 45-60 minute episodes.  I'm always a sucker for the BBC planet earth series and this one seems to be a homerun so far 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

Just started E1 of apple+ prehistoric earth with David Attenborough and done by Jon favreau.  I would watch Attenborough narrate paint drying. The cinematography and CGI is visually stunning.  I think it's 5 45-60 minute episodes.  I'm always a sucker for the BBC planet earth series and this one seems to be a homerun so far 

Do you mean "Prehistoric Planet" ??  Or is there another one like this out there?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

Oh, I gotta check this out. I replay Planet Earth often.