Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

We watched the first two episodes of the new Steve Martin / Martin Short / Selena Gomez show, "Only Murders in the Building" last night and really enjoyed it.

It's very well-made, with great writing and acting.  We'll see how the rest of the season goes, but so far it's been really good.

18 hours ago, Bad Things said:

We watched the first two episodes of the new Steve Martin / Martin Short / Selena Gomez show, "Only Murders in the Building" last night and really enjoyed it.

It's very well-made, with great writing and acting.  We'll see how the rest of the season goes, but so far it's been really good.

I can't say I ever thought I'd see that phrase.

On 9/2/2021 at 4:59 PM, Bad Things said:

Me and my wife are watching it, Steve Martin is the best part of the show by far.. 

On 9/2/2021 at 4:32 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Untold: Crimes and Penalties on Netflix is amazing.  Highly recommended.

I loved it.  I lived in Connecticut at that time, and without going into detail, was indirectly connected to the story.  

I went to a Trashers game.  It wasn't really as crazy as they made it out to be, to be honest.  There were a few fights, but the crowd was a typical minor league hockey crowd.  They also seemed to over-state how "good" the team was.  Especially considering how they blew way past the salary cap

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about 6 episodes into the Morning Show, i am really enjoying it a lot.  Just got done with the las vegas episode where you get some really good background information.

On 2/1/2020 at 10:21 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I really liked the Morning Show. Just finished that one. Haven’t seen the others yet.

just started The Stranger on Netflix and not to sure about it yet. It’s a British cast, supposed to be a thriller. Only through episode one. Will try to be patient. 

I’m a huge survival/horror genre fan (as well as a fan of Korean film) and Squid Game didn’t disappoint. I haven’t truly binged a show in a couple years and I stayed up late finishing this in two nights.

Apparently I’m not alone as it’s taken the world by storm.

• Like (+1) 2

I mentioned it above but i am loving The Morning Show, it's a good watch(and not only for the serious eye candy)

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I finally did the Apple TV free trial just to start watching Ted Lasso. Loving it!

I'm actually thinking about keeping Apple TV for a month just to try the other originals like Schmigadoon, Foundation, and Lisey's Story.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Apple Originals?

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I finally did the Apple TV free trial just to start watching Ted Lasso. Loving it!

I'm actually thinking about keeping Apple TV for a month just to try the other originals like Schmigadoon, Foundation, and Lisey's Story.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Apple Originals?

Ted Lasso is a great show. Other good Apple Originals that I've watched include Schmigadoon, For All Mankind, Mythic Quest, The Morning Show. A new Jon Stewart show was just added too. Some really good original/exclusive movies as well (CODA comes to mind).

I got a free year of Apple TV+ when I bought an iMac last year. That free year just ended and I gladly paid $50 for another full year of access.

On 9/29/2021 at 10:00 AM, Rockpile233 said:

I’m a huge survival/horror genre fan (as well as a fan of Korean film) and Squid Game didn’t disappoint. I haven’t truly binged a show in a couple years and I stayed up late finishing this in two nights.

Apparently I’m not alone as it’s taken the world by storm.

I like it too.

I have no experience watching Korean content, but I really dig it.  I like how everything is shot, acted, and looking into a different culture as part of the background.

Anyway.  The Squid Game is great.  3 Episodes in and I like it.