Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

8 minutes ago, stuvian said:

saw it last night on Netflix

Cool thanks, will definitely be checking that one out very soon

As for my contribution to this thread The Woodstock 99 Doc on HBO Max was pretty wild.  I remember what a big deal that fest was back then and nobody ever really talks about it now but the Doc brings you back to those days including some snippets of Napster, the MTV Boy Band v.s. Nu Metal wars, the Clinton Lewinsky thing..it's all there

17 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Cool thanks, will definitely be checking that one out very soon

As for my contribution to this thread The Woodstock 99 Doc on HBO Max was pretty wild.  I remember what a big deal that fest was back then and nobody ever really talks about it now but the Doc brings you back to those days including some snippets of Napster, the MTV Boy Band v.s. Nu Metal wars, the Clinton Lewinsky thing..it's all there

I haven't watched it yet, but I was there, as a volunteer staff member.  Walking around the site Thursday morning before they let people in and seeing the prices being charged for drinks/food, gave me an uneasy feeling this was not going to end well.  

• Like (+1) 1

Watched Mare of Easttown (HBO Max). Pretty compelling police procedural / f'd up family drama combo. 7 episode limited series, so not a huge time commitment.

Also just wrapped the final season of Bosch (Amazon Prime). What a great series. Blasted through all 7 seasons over that last 2 months.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, DD4Bills said:

Watched Mare of Easttown (HBO Max). Pretty compelling police procedural / f'd up family drama combo. 7 episode limited series, so not a huge time commitment.

Also just wrapped the final season of Bosch (Amazon Prime). What a great series. Blasted through all 7 seasons over that last 2 months.

Mare of Easttown was so good.   

Hope they can sneak a second season in. 

16 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Mare of Easttown was so good.   

Hope they can sneak a second season in. 

Loved Mare of Easttown, but the ending (IMO) was so all over the damn place.  Love me some twists and turns, but the last couple episodes seemed like they were written by M Night Shyamalan on a meth bender.  That said, I would be all in for a season 2.  

• Like (+1) 1

Ummmmm.... has anyone watched Watchmen.... SO GOOD!!!

I'm actually pi$$ed at all the jacka&&es on rottentomatoes who "review bomb" shows and movies.

Yes, there's a historical backdrop to the show that actually happened (that some people want to deny, apparently...?), but the show itself is one I actually hesitated to watch for awhile because of the aforementioned idiotic review bombing but finally watched and IT'S SOOOOO GOOOOOD!!!!

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm actually pi$$ed at all the jacka&&es on rottentomatoes who "review bomb" shows and movies.

Yes, there's a historical backdrop to the show that actually happened (that some people want to deny, apparently...?), but the show itself is one I actually hesitated to watch for awhile because of the aforementioned idiotic review bombing but finally watched and IT'S SOOOOO GOOOOOD!!!!

IMO, Watchmen is a superior limited series. Hit all the right notes - and I hated the original Watchman movie and think the graphic novel is somewhat overrated.

On Peacock - We are Lady Parts is very well done comedy. Young muslim women in London punk band.  Great characters, direction, acting, and story line.  Fresh and original. Six half-hour episodes. 

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Jeremy Irons is so good as Ozymandias.

On 8/14/2021 at 1:32 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Loved Mare of Easttown, but the ending (IMO) was so all over the damn place.  Love me some twists and turns, but the last couple episodes seemed like they were written by M Night Shyamalan on a meth bender.  That said, I would be all in for a season 2.  

you watching the white lotus ? 

On 8/15/2021 at 12:49 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

Jeremy Irons is so good as Ozymandias.

That one threw me a bit.  I never read Veidt the way Irons played him.  Now that I think about it, I'm not really sure what I would have expected, but that was definitely different.

And I'll leave it spoiler-free just in case, but the show was also missing a very key character.