Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2021 at 12:12 AM, Special K said:

I've had the Starz streaming app for the past few months, and there are a number of good series on it.

Some of my favorites are:

"The Missing": A detective searching for abducted children. Season 1 was inspired by the Madeline McCann abduction case, but I think season 2 was the better of the two seasons.

"Boss":  Kelsey Grammer plays the mentally deteriorating Mayor of Chicago trying to keep his grip on power, and his sanity!

"Luther": Idris Elba as a rule-bending London detective....I'm only through Season 2 of this, but its one of the better cop dramas I have seen in a while(its 10 years old, so I assume many people have already seen this one!).

On Netflix, I just wrapped up a show called "Imposters" which I thought was really good. Apparently, this show was originally on Bravo.....I thought that channel only made Real Housewives and crap like that...I bet this show would have gotten more praise or attention if it was on a regular channel, definitely worth a try. Its about a group of scammers who marry people, steal everything their mark has, then disappear without a trace. The show revolves around three "marks" who band together to find the woman who scammed them(of course they are all still into her). The lead actress who is the scammer is a real beauty....never seen her in anything else before, but man she was a perfect pick for the part!

Finally finished up Luther last night....I really enjoyed it. Ruth Wilson as "Alice" was just a great performance. Although the final episode was a little shaky, it didn't take away from the fact that it was an overall great series that I am glad I finally got around to watching.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/4/2021 at 11:08 PM, The Jokeman said:

Long Shot, a documentary on NetFlix. I don't want to say anything to ruin it.

On 5/5/2021 at 10:15 AM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

That was a great one

The Pharmacist on Netflix was amazing 

Thanks for these; I will start watching each of them soon.

I am always on the prowl for new documentaries I haven't seen.

• Like (+1) 1

If anyone hasn't suggested it yet, Loudermilk on Prime is really good.  One of the Farrelly Brothers is the creator, it's about a guy, Ron Livingston, who is an alcoholic/addict group leader.....it's a very enjoyable show so far

Favorite tv shows over the past year (that I could remember):

Ted Lasso - Apple

Mare of Easttown - HBOMax

Hacks - HBOMax

The Great - Hulu

Derry Girls - Netflix

Criminal - Netflix

Giri/Haji - Netflix 

Queen’s Gambit - Netflix

Resident Alien - Syfy

Atlanta - Hulu

On 5/26/2021 at 12:40 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Mare of Easttown on HBOMax.  3 episodes in and I’m enjoying it very much.  Kate Winslet in the lead role.  Crime drama.  Good stuff 👍

The whole show was fantastic.

Brought me back to my True Detective days... season 1 of which might be the best "standalone show" I've ever seen.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/26/2021 at 6:40 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Mare of Easttown on HBOMax.  3 episodes in and I’m enjoying it very much.  Kate Winslet in the lead role.  Crime drama.  Good stuff 👍

Just finished.    So so good.  

Wonder if there will be a second season. 

Lmfao @ scene where her and mom were coming home from wake and the man confessed to having an affair w mare’s mom 😂😂

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Just finished.    So so good.  

Wonder if there will be a second season. 

Lmfao @ scene where her and mom were coming home from wake and the man confessed to having an affair w mare’s mom 😂😂

That scene was hilarious.  The best was Mare busting out laughing after he made his announcement.

I really enjoyed this show, but I didn’t really like the story line over the last couple episodes.  I think there were one or two too many twists/turns at the end.  Still a very good watch though.  My wife seems to think there’s only going to be this one season.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/26/2021 at 6:40 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I've heard nothing but good things about this show.  I've seen it on HBO a lot but for some reason never sat down and started it.  But that's going to change soon.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Just watched the premiere episode. I thought it was really good and really liked Owen Wilson as Morbius. Looking forward to see where it goes from here.

Shows like this really make me hate the weekly release strategy that Disney uses.  That first episode was entertaining, but in the big picture, absolutely nothing happened.  The show could go off in any direction from here.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, shrader said:

Shows like this really make me hate the weekly release strategy that Disney uses.  That first episode was entertaining, but in the big picture, absolutely nothing happened.  The show could go off in any direction from here.

I am with you on that. I’d much prefer the option to binge watch the episodes over a couple of days then waiting for one to trickle out each week. Seems very archaic. But, who am I to argue with Disney’s marketing, they seem to know what they’re doing in just about every arena.