Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

23 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Is this like the Aussie House of Cards?

Never saw House of Cards but I don’t think so.  Investigative reporter/intelligence agencies/foreign relations.  I think I am beginning to see where it is going and if it goes that way I’ll be disappointed.  But that is just a plot line.  The show is well done.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Never saw House of Cards but I don’t think so.  Investigative reporter/intelligence agencies/foreign relations.  I think I am beginning to see where it is going and if it goes that way I’ll be disappointed.

Gotcha 👍

Just to be clear, we’re talking about gay man love, correct?

18 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Gotcha 👍

Just to be clear, we’re talking about gay man love, correct?

I wasn’t aware that we were.  There is sort of some of that in the plot, sort of not.....I won’t ruin it for you, but it has nothing to do with where I think the plot is going.  If it does go that way it will still be a good story/show but with a major plot deficiency.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/29/2020 at 8:34 PM, That's No Moon said:

Tried to watch Wonder Woman 84 tonight and I made it about 35 minutes in. One of the single worst movies I've ever tried to watch. Plot is ridiculous, dialogue is awful, and it's cheesy. If this got a full theatre release instead of being buried on Hbo max it would be getting slaughtered IMO.

I'm always torn on whether I want to watch DC movies....

This could be bad news, considering the director is also doing a Star Wars movie and I really hate when they ruin Star Wars. 

Derry Girls on Netflix is a terrific show with great writing. It took the wife and I an episode or two to get the flow of the Irish accents, but we then tore through the two seasons in a few days of binging. Sadly, season 3 is delayed due to Covid.

Also, we're in the second season of The Good Place. I know some of you recommended it earlier in this thread, I'm sorry that it took me so long to get around to it. It is fantastic. Ted Danson and Kristin Bell are both stellar. Another show with very clever writing.

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Anyone else watching S9 of Letterkenny on Hulu?  I’m so bummed. One of my favorite comedy shows, but the first 4 episodes of season 9 have been horrible.  It appears as though this show has jumped the shark, and S10 is currently airing on Showtime 😢

Just burned through that, too. I agree that the first few episodes weren't up to snuff, but the last few were more reminiscent of the earlier seasons.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Anyone else watching S9 of Letterkenny on Hulu?  I’m so bummed. One of my favorite comedy shows, but the first 4 episodes of season 9 have been horrible.  It appears as though this show has jumped the shark, and S10 is currently airing on Showtime 😢

I've only watched the first two episodes so far. 

On 1/1/2021 at 3:05 PM, ChevyVanMiller said:

Just burned through that, too. I agree that the first few episodes weren't up to snuff, but the last few were more reminiscent of the earlier seasons.

On 1/1/2021 at 11:11 PM, The Poojer said:

I loved S9.  The final scene really made me gasp

I’m glad you guys enjoyed it more than I did.  Season 9 was just plain bad, IMO.  I’m so bummed.  One of my favorite comedy shows 😔